★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Game Center and Sandbox

10-31-2011, 03:11 AM
Game Center and Sandbox

I ve noticed that all the games that came out or were updated for ios 5, automatically sign me in to sandbox, while the ones not updated for ios 5 , sign in regularly..

Any fix for this ?
10-31-2011, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undergroundH View Post
I ve noticed that all the games that came out or were updated for ios 5, automatically sign me in to sandbox, while the ones not updated for ios 5 , sign in regularly..

Any fix for this ?
Log out of Game Center and log back in.

Were you beta testing, or something, because that's the only time I'm in the sandbox?

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

10-31-2011, 03:24 AM
Yeah I created sandbox account with same email as my game center and everytime I sign in it signs there, but I just log out and sign back to my gc.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
10-31-2011, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Yeah I created sandbox account with same email as my game center and everytime I sign in it signs there, but I just log out and sign back to my gc.
same with me... Gets a bit annoying sometimes though....

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926
10-31-2011, 04:20 PM
No I never beta tested a game,

Yes, logging out then back in does fix it, but whenever I go to a game center supported game it logs me in to sandbox again automatically.
11-01-2011, 02:17 AM
Quote:

Yes, logging out then back in does fix it, but whenever I go to a game center supported game it logs me in to sandbox again automatically.
For every single game, or just some?

Sounds like a device issue, but in my experience as a developer it's the game that will trigger this. Not the device.
11-01-2011, 04:35 AM
Quote:

I've only heard of this problem once before. The person was having the exact same problem as you.

Here's a potential answer to your problem: "Found out the problem. It's a problem with jailbroken iPhones/ iPod Touches. A certain Cydia tweak called A**Sync+ screwed up the Game Center functionality. Only way around it is to re-jailbreak and not use the A**Sync from the hack*.us repository. Google more about it if you want to."

source: Apple Support Community

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 11-01-2011 at 04:41 AM.
11-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Kellett View Post
For every single game, or just some?

Sounds like a device issue, but in my experience as a developer it's the game that will trigger this. Not the device.
It seems it only effects games updated for ios 5, the older ones not updated, works fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
I've only heard of this problem once before. The person was having the exact same problem as you.

Here's a potential answer to your problem: "Found out the problem. It's a problem with jailbroken iPhones/ iPod Touches. A certain Cydia tweak called A**Sync+ screwed up the Game Center functionality. Only way around it is to re-jailbreak and not use the A**Sync from the hack*.us repository. Google more about it if you want to."

source: Apple Support Community
Yea I've heard about that, only thing is that I dont have that installed or anything related to piracy..