Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 11-02-2011, 07:28 AM
sizzlakalonji's Avatar
sizzlakalonji sizzlakalonji is offline
Moderator
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 5,708
Default

I've actually only played with a random selection of the maximum amount of investigators. I like having to adjust my strategies to what I've been dealt. Granted, it's more difficult, but I like the challenge. I felt a nice sense of accomplishment when I finally won.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 11-02-2011, 07:34 AM
kitkeat kitkeat is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 157
Default

hi guys, I've played another game with these tips in mind. still lost with overall score of 750. managed to solve a few of the challenges, i think 5, previously it was 1.

I think i stood a higher chance whenever I'm with the investigator who can conjure up to 1 or more yellow/red glyphs to increase my chance.

but overall, still learning my way around. e.g. no idea what monsters do and some of the mid night effect, I've been hit by one of them constantly giving -2 prize (forgot what it was, tokens) to all investigators.

it's a slower game than i think but a definite welcome. I wish someone would make "Betrayals: house on the hill" by Avalon games as well, that's 1 randomized board game kinda game which should benefit greatly with asynchronous multiplayer that gamecenter now supports.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 11-02-2011, 08:17 AM
nekros nekros is offline
Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 41
Default Very fun

Yes, this game is challenging, but I have been burning up my phone batteries with it lately. Finally won a few games (5,000 points!) but unlike many games, this one makes you really work for it.

If the dev is around, we're waiting for iPad! (Well, universal would be wonderful, but I'll consider the double-dip for this one). Also, any chance of getting other Elders in there? The box game mentions several, all with different Sign and Doom counts. Also, there's a "final round" attack when they awake, which would be nice in an update too ...

The game is very worth it as-is, though. I'm having a lot of fun with it, though I was initially put off by the price tag. Anyone attempt a sort of multi-player? Maybe pass-and-play? This game would be great over gamecenter match ups. I love the cooperative aspect; it's really refreshing to play as a team (even if it's a team of one... )
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 11-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekros View Post
Yes, this game is challenging, but I have been burning up my phone batteries with it lately. Finally won a few games (5,000 points!) but unlike many games, this one makes you really work for it.

If the dev is around, we're waiting for iPad! (Well, universal would be wonderful, but I'll consider the double-dip for this one). Also, any chance of getting other Elders in there? The box game mentions several, all with different Sign and Doom counts. Also, there's a "final round" attack when they awake, which would be nice in an update too ...

The game is very worth it as-is, though. I'm having a lot of fun with it, though I was initially put off by the price tag. Anyone attempt a sort of multi-player? Maybe pass-and-play? This game would be great over gamecenter match ups. I love the cooperative aspect; it's really refreshing to play as a team (even if it's a team of one... )

No, as stated in the app's description, they designed it for iOS / Android on purpose with only Azathoth starring.
I say Azathoth is already more than enough of a threat.

Quote:
Arguably the most powerful Ancient One in Lovecraft's Mythos, Azathoth's awesome power is indisputable. This infinitely destructive deity is therefore the focal point of Elder Sign: Omens, and the only available Ancient One.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 11-03-2011, 05:56 AM
kitkeat kitkeat is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 157
Default

Anyone else encountered this bug? I played a few games whereby when attempting an adventure, my investigator successfully completes it but either went insane or died. the transition screen where the blinds closes from top and bottom and it wouldn't open back to the map.... i had to close the app and relaunch.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 11-03-2011, 06:13 AM
twiccan twiccan is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
No, as stated in the app's description, they designed it for iOS / Android on purpose with only Azathoth starring.
I say Azathoth is already more than enough of a threat.
Well, they SAY that "Arguably the most powerful Ancient One in Lovecraft's Mythos, Azathoth's awesome power is indisputable. This infinitely destructive deity is therefore the focal point of Elder Sign: Omens, and the only available Ancient One."

But the REAL reason that Azzie is the only Great Old One (or GOO, as we call them on boardgamegeek.com. lol) in Omens is that he is the only one that does not have a final battle if he awakens, since you automatically lose. Also, he doesn't have any extra in game effects like the others do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkeat View Post
Anyone else encountered this bug? I played a few games whereby when attempting an adventure, my investigator successfully completes it but either went insane or died. the transition screen where the blinds closes from top and bottom and it wouldn't open back to the map.... i had to close the app and relaunch.
Yes, several other people are reporting this bug as well. Hopefully they are aware of it and will fix it.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 11-03-2011, 07:13 AM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkeat View Post
Anyone else encountered this bug? I played a few games whereby when attempting an adventure, my investigator successfully completes it but either went insane or died. the transition screen where the blinds closes from top and bottom and it wouldn't open back to the map.... i had to close the app and relaunch.
Yes I have! Like the game didn't know whether to go to the death screen or the mission completed...so it does neither.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 11-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Sanuku Sanuku is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,216
Default Game Impressions

Elder Sign: Omens - iPhone - HD Gameplay Trailer:

Note:

First few Minutes of Gameplay/Tutorials.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 11-03-2011, 03:49 PM
venasque venasque is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 132
Default

Totally bought this game on Halloween night and had some time yesterday to finally try it. I like it. I like the video tutorials that give you the basics and how there is a built in guide for more details. Also impressed by the production values. I feel good supporting them at their launch price and hope it encourages them to bring out more of their boardgames as iOS games.

Could you imagine an asynchronous (and live option) Talisman game?!!
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 11-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Vovin Vovin is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,236
Default

iPAD VERSION IS OUT!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent