★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Crafted just released minecraft fans rejoice

11-01-2011, 03:06 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Crafted just released minecraft fans rejoice

The closet thing to minecraft has come out on the AppStore!!
..And it's only 99 cents

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://p...=473009432&mt=

If the link doesn't work just search "crafted" on the AppStore it's the first thing that comes up
11-01-2011, 03:19 AM
I thought the artwork was going to be changed and that this was just filler until then? This art is taken directly from minecraft, and I'm pretty sure that is illegal. Plus this doesn't look nearly as good as Junk Jack

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|

11-01-2011, 03:22 AM
It definitely looks like all of the artwork has been ripped straight out of minecraft.I've tried those pocket edition versions on android, and played all the clones, they just don't feel right or as fun, so an awesome looking 2D minecraft may be just what I'm looking for =D Hope it doesn't get pulled before I can transfer some cash to my paypal and grab it, lol.
11-01-2011, 06:29 AM
Alrighty, Downloaded it and played for about 35 minutes. It is 100% no doubt using Minecraft art and sound assets, the start page is the old Minecraft start page (brown dirt block texture background with grey buttons, and a randomly changing saying in yellow diagonal across one corner of the logo) and the create a new world page is the same too, even down to the 'insert map seed' part.

The sound effects are exactly Minecraft, the distinctive clicks, the moos, the walking across dirt, the breaking trees, all of it. All of the crafting recipes are the same as well; doors, flint and steel, furnaces etc.

So far, I've actually been having alot of fun with it, the left side of the screen is movement, and the right side is looking all around, with buttons for the different blocks, breaking blocks, placing blocks, pause, inventory and jump/crouch.

The inventory and crafting screens are exactly the same as the real Minecraft, but it's been optimized for touch inputs by having a little block button in the corner that when you click it, you then click a stack of blocks and you can drop the blocks from that stack into different slots, then tap the stack again to stop (since you can't drag the blocks around with your mouse and right click them down, lol)

It took me about 3 mins to get used to it. You can place background and foreground blocks ala Terraria, and all of the items work just like in the real Minecraft, doors, crafting tables, picks, torches, swords etc.

My verdict: If you like Minecraft or Terraria, and this 2D take on it looked interesting to you at all, grab it while its available because it is definitely going to get pulled (unless they can change all of their graphics and sound pronto lol)

EDIT: To add, this game just makes me smile, its such a ridiculously ballsy rip-off, and it gives that genuine Minecraft feel, the way all those other Minecraft clone games didn't for me (because they didn't actually take the damn sound effects and graphics lol)

EDIT again: Forgot to add, it has peaceful, normal and hard difficulties as well, with creepers and the whole shebang

Last edited by Ariectus; 11-01-2011 at 06:39 AM.
11-01-2011, 09:19 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Looks interesting.
11-01-2011, 09:23 AM
I tried it its awesome but can you add an option to craft a bed?
11-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to sivyan
Played it all day, I love it!

Games I've beta tested: ParkEXP,TerminalVelocity,Numbbles,Tomato Crush,Stir Fry,The Sandbox,Elf Defense
11-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Didn't think it would be that great, but its actually really good.

Lightning Strike Games Development Blog
11-01-2011, 12:04 PM
I am a complete idiot, i cant move....
I got it on ipad, playing at 2x, the buttons on the left do nothing.

EDIT: figured it out, its not the buttons just areas in the lower left for movement.
11-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Haha this is sweet! Just bought it. At the main menu it sometimes says in the yellow text JUNK JACK?! and TERRARIA?!

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926