★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Another amazing puzzle game from Pangea Software, the makers of Enigmo, Cro-Mag Rally, Nanosaur, and Bugdom!

"Will give Angry Birds a run for it's money... it's better."
- Robin Rhys / AppAdviceDaily

"quite varied and satisfying... Anyone looking to see what happens when Angry Birds gets a healthy injection of creativity should check out Monkey Bongo"
- 148apps.com

"The game features a great 3D design, and each environment and character is a joy to look at... Monkey Bongo is a game worth picking up that will have you wondering how helping monkeys feed toucans could be so enjoyable."
- applenapps.com

In Monkey Bongo your goal is to feed the Toucans by throwing them bananas. There are vines to swing on, hazards to avoid, things to smash and explode, and puzzles to figure out. With 50 challenging levels in 5 different worlds, Monkey Bongo will provide hours of addictive fun, all with cute and fun 3D animation!

Supports the 4" screen on the iPhone 5!
Universal app for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad
Native AirPlay compatibility so you can play in true HD on your TV!
50 addictive levels!
5 Worlds
Game Center leaderboards
Great soundtrack and gameplay!
Funny characters and animation
Awesome replay value!

arta's comments:

Been a while since Pangea had new stuff out. Gameplay's a little simple but it looks great.
11-01-2011, 09:46 PM
I bought the game on Saturday and haven't put it down since. It's really a lot of fun. I'm on the City levels now... *very* challenging!

-CM

11-01-2011, 11:04 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoMan View Post
I bought the game on Saturday and haven't put it down since. It's really a lot of fun. I'm on the City levels now... *very* challenging!

-CM
How complicated does it get compared to other trajectory based physics games like Angry Birds?

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
11-02-2011, 03:15 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Monkey Bongo is in the running for TA Game of the Week!

Nominations begins tomorrow Thursday, with voting beginning Saturday. Please follow the thread rules and have fun!
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=112283

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
11-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
How complicated does it get compared to other trajectory based physics games like Angry Birds?
Compared to Angry Birds - complicated.

I am only in the first world and already you have to pass items from one monkey to the next. Dropping them will result in failure of the level. You need to clear obstacles from the way so that you could get to the final goal (right now getting a banana to a toucan). There are even vines you must swing to get to the place that makes sense to throw the banana - the swinging takes some maneuvering - some need a strong swing, some need just a small jump.

So yeah there is lots to do above and beyond the familiar fling an item to break something genre.
11-03-2011, 03:41 PM
The game starts in Easy mode in the settings. If you turn easy mode off it gets much more challenging. Also, I like the variety of gameplay compared to Angry Birds which is pretty much the same thing over and over.

-CM
11-09-2011, 11:34 PM
It's on a 99 cents sale, GO GRAB IT NOW
02-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Now FREE for the first time!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)