★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Stunningly well crafted with a compelling story, beautiful visuals and music, and hours upon hours of action-adventure, Aquaria provides patient gamers with an ocean of depth.
Susie Ochs, Mac | Life

Explore a massive underwater world, teeming with life and filled with secrets. Join Naija, a lonely and mysterious aquatic girl, as she explores the depths of Aquaria. As her story unravels, shell travel from hidden caves shrouded in darkness, to beautiful sunlit oases.

Control Naija with an intuitive touch screen interface. Use her singing ability to create your own music, affect nearby creatures, move pieces of the environment and even transform Naija into different beings. Combine ingredients harvested from the environment in the cooking system to create tasty items. Catch a ride on a seahorse or a giant turtle. Discover new costumes, treasures and hidden secrets. Challenge the ancient gods who lurk beneath the waves.

GIZMODO: "With handcrafted visuals and an ethereal soundtrack, Aquaria looks, feels and plays just like a gothic fairy-tale. And its not just a loving pastiche of the classic 2D games of yesteryear. Aquaria brings the genre bang up to date with a fresh concept and a unique control system." (Gaming App of the Day)

POCKETGAMER: "Aquaria is absolutely gorgeous, and filled with clever ideas and smart puzzles. Both a calming splash in the sea and a frantic fight against the elements, it's an essential iPad game." (Top 10 iOS Games, November 2011)

TOUCHARCADE: "a gorgeous and well-produced title with a sharp emphasis on world-building and character growth." (Best iOS Games, November 2011)

EDGE MAGAZINE: "Aquarias gloomy caverns are a delight to explore, and, a rarity for a modern Metroidvanias, the designers dont constantly lead the way for you."

Will you journey to the land beyond the surface and brave the dark sinister waters below? Will you defeat the ancient beings of Aquaria or fall prey to them? Will you find a companion or wander the waters of Aquaria alone?

Echoseven's comments:

11-02-2011, 07:03 AM
Been looking forward to this for ages. Instabuy when the clock strikes 12am.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

11-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Looks good.
11-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Looks great. Another purchase tonight.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
11-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Doh! I told myself I wasn't going to buy anything tonight. 311 MB and $5....I may have to wait a bit, as much as it pains me. This looks phenomenal.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
11-02-2011, 08:51 AM
HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2/First 15.Minutes of Gameplay):

Saw it - Bought it - Playing it - Must Have. There is no Reason to don't get it!

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-02-2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: HD Gameplay Trailer added.
11-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Looks amazing but only have 1.99 credit nooooooooo

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??
11-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
There is no Reason to don't get it!
To be fair there is. Cost - how much space you have left on your iPad - if you like this sort of game - is it any good
11-02-2011, 11:28 AM
I've been telling iOS-using friends for two years now that Aquaria would make for an ideal iOS game. And here it is, but not for my device Will Aquaria gain iPhone/iPod Touch support, devs?

(With everything from RTS games, realtime MMOs, online beat-em-ups, multiplayer 4X games, competitive multiplayer fps games, titles with extremely complex interfaces (Dungeon Defenders), and even a twitch-based space shooter MMO, all for touch screen devices, we are well past the "can't adapt interface/gameplay to small screen" argument (Last time I ran across this reply from a developer was with Small World, a game that would work extremely well with pull-down menus on an iPhone screen.) So, unless developers judge that a certain game would not actually sell well enough to justify the porting process, or that they just don't care enough , I can see no reason ever to release a game for iPad alone.)

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

Last edited by Ayjona; 11-02-2011 at 11:32 AM.
11-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to reec0X Send a message via Skype™ to reec0X
hail...it finally arrive!

GameCenter: reec0X
Devices: iPhone 6+ / iPad Air WiFi
Beta Game Tested: Click HERE