iPad: Frozen Synapse (tactical turn based strategy game)

07-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Instabuy for me assuming the price is reasonable. Would love to get in on the closed beta for this.
08-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Impatiently waiting. Frozen Synapse has been my #1 reason to be excited about iPad gaming since it was released on PC, even. But as much as I love simultaneous turn games, I cannot for the life of me sit down at a computer and play FS. I need the lie on the couch ability of an iPad for that, so here's hoping they actually release sometime this year.

10-22-2012, 04:07 PM
For everybody who said they'll buy an iPad just for this game. And for those who like me found themselves fortunate to already own an iPad when this game was announced to port 10 months ago.

Received an Email update on Frozen Synapse:

From Paul at Mode7Games

Quote:
First, a quick update on the iPad version of Frozen Synapse, which many of you have asked about!
We are currently mired in seemingly interminable bug fixing, but I hope to get some kind of meaningful small-scale beta happening soon. No word on release date yet - it depends on how the beta goes.
Im aware that people also want Android and iPhone versions - were actively looking into this and they will happen if the iPad version works out ok.
We are also working on a brand new game and were hoping to announce some details of that in two months or so.
I believe I am a pending beta tester, and I will post on here when I beta test. I might even give a little video
10-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Awesome! I was afraid this one had died a quiet death. Glad to see it's still kicking. Looking forward to FS on whatever platform I can get it.
11-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Yea the closed beta is operating. I've got FS on my iPad 1 now...but haven't gotten a chance to try. You still might be able to sign up for the closed beta by signing up at testflightapp.com and poking around the Mode 7 (the devs) forums.
11-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Youtube video of me showing off my beta

http://youtu.be/3SnzrqqetPs

The mediocre video quality is due to uploading problems for the high quality. The iPad looks IDENTICAL to the PC version

Last edited by astranberg; 11-04-2012 at 05:36 PM.
11-07-2012, 04:29 PM
I absolutely love the soundtrack. Can you tell me the name of the artist?
11-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharontung66 View Post
I absolutely love the soundtrack. Can you tell me the name of the artist?
I'm glad you like it! The title is "Bomb" by Switchfoot. It was on their very first, album in 1997, The Legend of the Chin. They're still going and each of their 8 CDs sounds beautifully different.
11-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Woooohooooo, I want this game so much on the iPad!! Great choice to make a port!

Ciro Continisio
Tiny Colossus

Just released UFHO2 for the iPad | TA thread
11-10-2012, 07:36 AM
Waiting patiently with contained excitement...