★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The crash bugs have been found and squashed! Enjoy the game!

**** What the Critics Say ****

148Apps.com: 4/5 Stars - "The games surreal tone is heightened by its charming, vaguely steampunk visuals...features a great, peppy soundtrack and wonderfully strange voice samples"

iPhoneGamerUK: 4.5/5 Stars - "Overall very polished and certainly one of the best, if not the best, ball rolling game out"

iFanzine.com - "...fantastically designed ball roller... will strongly appeal to fans of physics and action puzzles"

**** About the Game ****

Help FRED overcome his fears by rolling him through dozens of physics-enabled, fully 3D worlds in his search to uncover the Professors Mystery in this Grand Experiment! FRED has lost his memory and cant help but remember one thing: hes positively terrified of heights, time and being touched. By collecting Bravery Badges, you can help FRED conquer each of his fears, unlocking his true potential and new abilities. FRED can learn how to fly, be picked up and tossed, and eventually even master the very threads of time!

Explore 30 worlds in the Grassy Plains, Windy Desert and Rusty Labs
Full Game Center support with 30+ achievements & 17 initial Time Trial leaderboards
Conquer FREDs fears to unlock and master his new abilities
Avoid scary frenemies like Mr Pail and Mr Thud
Uncover unique solutions to physics-based puzzles with Doodads like the Magnet, Bubble Machine, Phase Shifter and many more
Navigate the Clobber Stoppers, Flip Switches, Trap Doors and many other obstacles

Mystery Ball has HD graphics and retina support. Intuitive touch controls make this universal app easy to learn, yet challenging enough to keep you coming back for more. With more than 30 unique achievements that inspire creative thinking and outside-of-the-box solutions, and a Time Trial mode for each of the worlds youve completed, theres still plenty more to do once youve finished the Grand Experiment.

****IMPORTANT****
Mystery Ball v1.1 is ONLY compatible with devices iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad, iPad 2, iPod Touch 3rd & 4th generation.
(NOTE: iPod Touch 3rd generation must be 32GB or 64GB - the 8GB model is not a true 3rd generation device).

Mystery Ball is OpenFeint Enabled.

**** Coming Soon ****

New fears, doodads and worlds are coming soon, as well as a level editor and sharing community!

**** Experiencing Crashes? ****
Most players experience a "hang" (crash) in the tutorial of the game... until the new patch to fix this (and other) crash is out (estimating around Feb 18), please either run the tutorial a second time (which amazingly does fix the crash) OR skip it altogether.

Particularly if you are using an older device that Mystery Ball supports, try closing all applications by going to your multitasking bar, then tap+hold each app, and then tap the minus button. This will free up as much memory on your device as possible. Also, try powering down your device and then powering it back up. If you are still having trouble, please contact me with more information so I can help - use the App Support button to email me.

davidbhowe's comments:
IMPORTANT: Version 1.01 is live with iCloud support! Unfortunately, it is so good at iCloud, it doesn't know how to work if you don't have iOS5! If you are running an older version of iOS, please either update (and enjoy all kinds of new goodies!), or wait for v1.02 sometime next week. Thank you so much, I hope you enjoy the game!

First review of the game: http://ifanzine.com/mystery-ball-review (4/5 stars from iFanzine)

11-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Intuitive touch control.

sold !!

I love this world!

11-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Wow, looks cool. Impressions from TOFTTers will be welcome and anticipated.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
11-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Damn. I've been looking for a good new roller. But alas, no 2G support.
11-02-2011, 08:02 PM
I've played 10+ hours on the beta and the game has really taken shape since the beginning. There is a great mix of levels and it's very easy to get started. The addition of the achievements and the race levels have really helped to make this game the complete package. Can't wait to dominate this thing tomorrow!
11-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solsen300 View Post
Can't wait to dominate this thing tomorrow!
LOL this is epic!

I love this world!
11-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the kind comments! I'm posting a hot-off-the-press dev diary video tomorrow, that shows some of the work that went into the game.

I sure wish I could have pushed the hardware further and made this a beauty for the 2G too, AWP69, but it was just asking too much for the GPU. Heck, getting a decent frame rate out of the 3GS was a challenge in-and-of-itself!

Hope you all like the game as much as I enjoyed creating it. Be careful with FRED, he needs all kinds of help!
11-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Looks like this isn't available in my country?! Devs here to help out with this?

---------------------------
Mom Says Get Married!!
11-04-2011, 07:41 AM
I got to beta test Mystery Ball and got totally addicted, so I recommend it to everyone to try this weekend. I know there were some really young beta testers, so if you have kids I bet they'd be into it, too.
It's at least worth a try because it doesn't use the tilt accelerometer like most ball-rolling games, and I think it works in Mystery Ball - it just wouldn't make sense with tilt.
I'm just excited to see the whole thing put together, so I'm about to start playing once my annoying itunes/ipod updates are finished!
11-04-2011, 09:25 AM
This looks pretty fun reminds me of kirby dreamland for the snes. The graphics and physics look pretty polished. The level editor would add hours of fun cant wait to see it come out. Good work

edit: Oh different and unlock-able mystery balls would be neat maybe some you can paint or make a photo a texture on the ball? I could see my face rolling all over the place.