★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Replay Value of popular games?

05-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Replay Value of popular games?

I noticed that all of the more expensive like Assassin's Creed, CJS, and The Oregon Trail dont have much replay value. I may be wrong, but It may be because you are paying for a game made by a popular developer and a game with great graphics. It just doesnt seem to me that these games have great replay value. Although I have not played CJS or Ass. Creed (Yes I abbreviated "ass creed") It seems to me like they have one story mode, and once when your finished thats about it. Thanks for your thoughs.

Also, if any of you guys have The Oregon Trail and have finished it, I would love to know if there is any replay value at all, or if once your finished with the game, your finished.

Thanks!
05-03-2009, 07:23 PM
I finished oregon trail, if you don't want to play simon, or the campaign again, there's no replay.

With car jack, the game goes for like 5 months, so do you really need replay?

what.

05-03-2009, 07:26 PM
i dunno what you mean by "popular" apps but

i know that bow-man (no dash) has a ton of replay value

and a little game called driftz i downloaded a few weeks ago

rpgs always get old for me

BTW i just tried writing bow-man without the dash and it gets censored? :S
05-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonFried123 View Post
I noticed that all of the more expensive like Assassin's Creed, CJS, and The Oregon Trail dont have much replay value. I may be wrong, but It may be because you are paying for a game made by a popular developer and a game with great graphics. It just doesnt seem to me that these games have great replay value. Although I have not played CJS or Ass. Creed (Yes I abbreviated "ass creed") It seems to me like they have one story mode, and once when your finished thats about it. Thanks for your thoughs.

Also, if any of you guys have The Oregon Trail and have finished it, I would love to know if there is any replay value at all, or if once your finished with the game, your finished.

Thanks!
Well Oregon Trail and CJS both have plenty of replay value. With Oregon Trail you can decide how fast you wanna go and then you can take another trip as soon as you end and every trip is different so there is plenty of replay value there. Concerning CJS if you play it all 20 weeks straight and beat the game and then wanna play it again it will be different so there's plenty of value there. Im not sure how well ass creeds is because I dont have it so I can't really judge

Recommended Games: JunkJack
05-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendons View Post
BTW i just tried writing bow-man without the dash and it gets censored? :S
Yeah the devs were banned for shilling of their app.

So all thread were deleted and censors the name of the app.

Twitter: @Zincous
05-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post

lol what a shame

the shilling wasn't even necessary as its like one of the top flash games out there
05-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonFried123 View Post

Thanks!
If you want one of the MOST replayble games out there may I direct you to my sig? While it's far from flashy and can be frustrating as Hell at times, this is a iPhonization of the classic dungeon crawl that in part inspired the Diablo series.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post

Oh, so that's why there's a censor on the word. I kept staring at the word trying to find a reason why it would be censored .

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
05-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I have oregon trail and beat it, I didn't play after that. I think the game allows you to play the mini-games any time you want.
05-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordplay View Post
I have oregon trail and beat it, I didn't play after that. I think the game allows you to play the mini-games any time you want.
I felt a little snookered on this one myself. The original was a clever simulation with, especially in later versions, a couple of mini-games thrown in, but this iPhone Oregon Trail is a VERY light simulation that wraps around a bunch of mini-games. The only REAL threat to the family in this one is the darned eagles and once you get how you're supposed to deal with them, even that threat is gone.

I myself feel I'm overly concerned with replay value and therefore stick to games with a lot of randomization so even if you need to restart it from the first level, it will play out at least a little differently.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews