★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 3D Chess (3D Fantasy Battle Style)

05-03-2009, 07:32 PM
3D Chess (3D Fantasy Battle Style)

I have to admit this looks like an awesome chess game. It's currently at $0.99 intro price.
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=314022946&mt=8
I really want to TOFTT, as this looks pretty fun.
Quote:
BUY NOW in this special INTRODUCTORY PRICE

As an epoch-making product, 3D Chess is the first-ever meaningful three-dimensional chess application in the history on iPhone. It is completely based on the development of advanced and professional-strength 3D game engine, which organically integrates the realistic three-dimensional scene, character models, and pieces movement into this game. Its 3D effects help in turning an ordinary chess game into an enthralling sight and game.

All chess rules are implemented and followed along with many features expected of a professional chess game, gorgeous graphics, realistic sound performance, human-like artificial intelligence, automatic save function, 3 difficulty levels, friendly operator interface and many more features.

Tested comparatively with other iPhone chess games, 3D Chess has the more powerful and by far strongest AI engine on iPhone! Develop strategy skills and train your brain, as you transform your iPhone or iPod Touch into a 3D Chess battlefield.

All in all, 3D Chess is the ideal chess simulation game for players at any level. It is absolutely worthy of your choice.

Have fun! You deserve it!

■FEATURES:
Ideal chess simulation game
Realistic three-dimensional scene, models and pieces movement
Turn the board by view switch
True-to-life experience
Automatic save if you exit or take a call
Human-like artificial intelligence
Fast-paced AI
3 Difficulty levels
Realistic sound performance
Clarion hints check time
Intuitive controls
Tap-tap to move pieces
Double tap carve characters "3D CHESS" to save & exit game in the main screen
Play games on your device anytime (no network connection required)
Against friends in 2-player mode: Hot Seat (no network connection required)
Gorgeous graphics
Friendly operator interface
Cool gaming interface
Full-featured help page
Blue and Red are used in place of White and Black

■NOTE:
(Some unfinished functions need to claim in this edition, we will perfect them in future.)
1) Pawn Promotion has no choice, only support Queen.
2) Imperfection of Castling decision condition testing:
(Only occur in human player side, AI has finished all decision condition testing.)
List of unfinished decision condition testing:
The king must not currently be in check.
The king must not pass through a square that is under attack by enemy pieces.
The king must not end up in check.
The rook involved in castling may be under attack.
The rook involved in castling may move over an attacked square.
3) Blue and Red are used in place of White and Black. Against computer, only blue (white) can be used.

■SUPPORT:
If you have any further questions, comments or suggestions, please email to support@orientmaple.com

05-03-2009, 07:33 PM
this is tempting me to learn chess!! lol!!

this is my signature people get over it...

05-03-2009, 07:35 PM
I think I will TOFTT here, it just looks to good to be true.

05-03-2009, 07:38 PM
05-03-2009, 07:39 PM
That's exactly what I thought of when I saw it. I am downloading now.

05-03-2009, 07:42 PM
This looks really neat. If I played decent chess, I would get this.
05-03-2009, 07:44 PM
First Impressions

Well this is certainly not the most polished Chess game, it is the most exciting. I love the fantasy styled models for the pieces and the animations when they take a piece. It has games against AI (easy,med, or hard) or hotseat multiplayer. The only option it lacks that would be awesome is the rotation/zooming on the board. This is not needed though and is still an awesome game.

I'd recommend it for only a buck.

05-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
I love the fantasy styled models for the pieces and the animations when they take a piece.
Wondered if they had animations.. odd it is not mentioned in the description. Downloading.
05-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc99 View Post
Wondered if they had animations.. odd it is not mentioned in the description. Downloading.
It's probably not mentioned because they were supposedly implied I guess. Animations are cool, but I noticed several times they didn't actually hit the target piece, but it still looks cool none the less.

05-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Yes finally!!! A chess app that bends the rules a little and adds to gameplay by allowing you to attack a king the turn after he is in check. If the opponent is too stupid to see that they're in check, you can win. (This is good and bad for authenticity and gameplay wise)