★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

DICTO™ - A word puzzle game

11-03-2011, 10:39 AM
DICTO™ - A word puzzle game

UPDATE: OUR GAME IS RELEASED ON THE APPSTORE
http://itunes.apple.com/app/dicto-word-puzzle-game/id475675509

DICTO™ is a word puzzle game where the main objective is to create up to seven letter words in the shortest amount of time. Simply put: create long words as fast as possible and get the highest possible score.

Teaser video update:

The game include bonus rounds and tactical challenges.

The gap between failure and success lean on a few simple actions. One method to achieve a high score is by saving high valued letters to the HOLD slots until a bonus round. Since the bonus round triples your score, the use of high valued letters when creating word can accumulate a large score. However there is a catch: if you are not able to use these letters during a bonus round they will be lost as the HOLD slots will be reset when the bonus round ends.

DICTO™ also includes:
  • 9 dictionaries in 8 languages (Including Int. English, US English, Norwegian (Bokmål), Norwegian (Nynorsk), Swedish, Nederlands, Deutsch, Italian and Français)
  • 10 or 25 round games and a Survival challenge.
  • Bonus rounds
  • Simple game statistics
  • 12 different achievements with more to come
  • Twitter and Facebook integration
  • A locked bonus game: «Guess the Word»

Follow DICTO™:
DICTO™ on Facebook
DICTO™ on Twitter
And remember to opt in to our newsletter

About the developer:
MottiMotti is a digital interactive agency.
We design and develop engaging solutions for web, social media, mobile and games.
www.mottimotti.com

Last edited by lbjorseth; 12-09-2011 at 03:43 PM.
11-04-2011, 05:40 AM
Here is some screenshots:

11-05-2011, 02:26 PM
We would love to get some feedback
11-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjorseth View Post
We would love to get some feedback
The game design looks very nice. I'm a pretty big fan of word games and this one looks good. I'm really just trying to feel out the gameplay based on the description and pictures.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
11-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong!!!

I really like the fact that you can switch the dictionaries. I live in the USA and speak US English, but I will definitely be trying to spell words in other dictionaries; especially the English one!

It would be awesome if you added Spanish and Japanese characters!!! Those are the two languages I'm, personally, familiar with after English.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

Last edited by GoofyJmaster.; 11-05-2011 at 02:50 PM.
11-05-2011, 03:28 PM
GoofyJmaster: Yes you can switch dictionaries. We will work hard to support as many languages as possible, and at least spanish is an important one
We will soon release some videos showing some actual gameplay.
11-05-2011, 03:36 PM
And DICTO™ will be free. Free is worth at least 7 points!
11-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
GoofyJmaster: Yes you can switch dictionaries. We will work hard to support as many languages as possible, and at least spanish is an important one
We will soon release some videos showing some actual gameplay.
This is good to hear!!!

Quote:
And DICTO™ will be free. Free is worth at least 7 points!
Free or Freemium/ads?

11-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Free or Freemium/ads?
It will be a freemium/ads model. The Premium version will have no ads, include the bonusgame("Guess the word"), more statistics and all dictionaries.
11-05-2011, 04:05 PM
This is the the supported dictionaries for the first release: