App description: GAME OF THE WEEK - G4TV.com
TOUCH ARCADE - 4.5 out of 5
148APPS.COM - 4.5 out of 5
GAMEZEBO- 4.5 out of 5
BOARD GAME GEEK - 3 out of 4

The tense excitement of Elder Sign is now available for iPhone/iPod Touch! Elder Sign: Omens places you in control of up to four intrepid investigators, as they fight to keep all-powerful Ancient Ones from invading our world through a museums arcane exhibits!

*Build a team of unique investigators*
*Explore an ever-changing museum*
*Face challenging arcane tasks*
*Save the world from absolute destruction*
*Expand the horror with two exciting in-app purchases*

Can you stand against the impending arrival of a malevolent Ancient One?

While Elder Sign: Omens brilliantly conveys the spirit of the Elder Sign dice game, a few noteworthy differences were adopted to optimize the mobile play experience:

-A limited number of available Ancient Ones streamlines the game play experience while offering adjustable levels of difficulty. Face Yig in normal mode, Azathoth or Tsathoggua in hard mode, or Cthulhu or Ithaqua in very hard mode (in-app purchases required to face Cthulhu and Ithaqua).
-A number of subtle changes increase the peril of defending humanity. For example, the random negative effects drawn every midnight are more challenging, and the frequency of no effect results has been decreased. Monsters have likewise been altered to make them more difficult.
-Finally, there are no Ally cards in Elder Sign: Omens, which further streamlines play while increasing the overall challenge.

goiMot's comments:

11-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Great news, already downloading

11-03-2011, 03:55 PM
wow that was fast. if i'd known that it would have been out before i even tried the iphone version i bought, i would have waited. as for now wishlisted..
11-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Yes, Finally!! Downloading Now.
11-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Beyond upscaled artwork, it doesn't look like they've done much (or anything?) to really optimize for a larger screen.
11-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missalexis View Post
Beyond upscaled artwork, it doesn't look like they've done much (or anything?) to really optimize for a larger screen.
What do you mean exactly as I haven't played this yet and never played the iphone version.
11-03-2011, 05:19 PM
This looks great on my iPhone 4, and it looks even better on my iPad 2! Love this game. Universal would have been nice, but I don't regret paying to have this on both devices.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
11-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Sorry if I missed it, is this a one player game?
11-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Sorry if I missed it, is this a one player game?
Yes. Though you could pass-n-play with four people if you really wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanikal fiend View Post
wow that was fast. if i'd known that it would have been out before i even tried the iphone version i bought, i would have waited. as for now wishlisted..
^this

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL