Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-26-2012, 02:35 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Haven't picked up the game yet but it's on my wish list as I just got the new iPad...

But on visiting the devs site I noticed they posted this a few days ago http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed....asp?eidn=3169

It seems the game is getting a new FREE campaign against Yig, the father of serpents!! It also says this campaign will be easier than the Azathoth campaign (which was my concern in picking this up)

They're also adding and new campaign that is an IAP with Cthulhu which is a longer two part scenario!!
Great find, VTnT!
Old 03-26-2012, 05:27 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

Nice, can't wait
Old 03-26-2012, 05:06 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I always wondered why they never included all the "elder gods" from the board game. Even as IAP, I don't mind, it just seemed like it was something that should have been out for the game a while ago rather than now after the game has been out for so e good amount of time! In any case that has always been the deciding factor on me picking up this game! They had mentioned the possibility of the other EG being included in the game, but it almost seemed as if it was never coming so I never jumped on buying it despite wanting it. This news is finally a scale tipper... Will buy this payday!

I look forward to seeing how it condenses and reimagines the board game! Now if only FFG would make some of their other board games into apps! I would pay the soul of a kitten for a travel version of Runebound for my iPad, or some of their other board games!

Blogfest, I know...
Old 03-26-2012, 05:20 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
I always wondered why they never included all the "elder gods" from the board game. Even as IAP, I don't mind, it just seemed like it was something that should have been out for the game a while ago rather than now after the game has been out for so e good amount of time! In any case that has always been the deciding factor on me picking up this game! They had mentioned the possibility of the other EG being included in the game, but it almost seemed as if it was never coming so I never jumped on buying it despite wanting it. This news is finally a scale tipper... Will buy this payday!

I look forward to seeing how it condenses and reimagines the board game! Now if only FFG would make some of their other board games into apps! I would pay the soul of a kitten for a travel version of Runebound for my iPad, or some of their other board games!

Blogfest, I know...
It sounds like it still won't be like the real card game in which the EG is picked at random. You will know, depending on your campaign choice, who you're up against.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:26 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Awesome. I had a lot of fun with this game and wore it a little thin. I'll happily pay for some new content to spice things up.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:54 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

I need to grab this one tonight -- in a board game mood. Does it have some kind of starting tutorial, or well explained instructions? Or is it like Ghost Stories which has you scratching your head from the start? Thanks!
Old 03-26-2012, 05:58 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCat View Post
I need to grab this one tonight -- in a board game mood. Does it have some kind of starting tutorial, or well explained instructions? Or is it like Ghost Stories which has you scratching your head from the start? Thanks!
I can't recall if there was much of a tutorial but, while in many ways the same basic idea as Ghost Stories, I found it a lot easier to follow.

One big trick I learned, however, is more is not always better in this game as I had a lot more luck defeating the game with two investigators than four. While a full force of four investigators ensures you more coverage and variety of cool skills, it also means the game's Dooms Day Clock ticks spins much faster. With 2 investigators I had somebody to back me up if things got tricky (hopefully) but still had the baddies spawning at a reasonable pace. It also, as not a great micro manager, made logistics a bit simpler so I didn't have to keep wondering what each investigator was attempting to do (I know I wanted this investigator to drop buy the Gift Shop for something last turn...but what was it?).

Last edited by LordGek; 03-26-2012 at 06:06 PM..
Old 03-26-2012, 06:09 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I didn't notice anywhere in the provided link an actual date this very generous update is being released? I for one cannot wait for it, nor the iap.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:58 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Haven't picked up the game yet but it's on my wish list as I just got the new iPad...

But on visiting the devs site I noticed they posted this a few days ago http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed....asp?eidn=3169

It seems the game is getting a new FREE campaign against Yig, the father of serpents!! It also says this campaign will be easier than the Azathoth campaign (which was my concern in picking this up)

They're also adding and new campaign that is an IAP with Cthulhu which is a longer two part scenario!!
Easier than the orginal? After a few play throughs that was too easy too.. I guess this is aimed at new players rather than the existing player base..
Old 03-26-2012, 09:00 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Picked it up cause I was too excited about the update with Cthulhu (even though it's IAP) and won my very first game!

It was a narrow victory but I'll take it