Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 03-26-2012, 02:35 AM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is online now
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Haven't picked up the game yet but it's on my wish list as I just got the new iPad...

But on visiting the devs site I noticed they posted this a few days ago http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed....asp?eidn=3169

It seems the game is getting a new FREE campaign against Yig, the father of serpents!! It also says this campaign will be easier than the Azathoth campaign (which was my concern in picking this up)

They're also adding and new campaign that is an IAP with Cthulhu which is a longer two part scenario!!
Great find, VTnT!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-26-2012, 05:27 AM
Thorwan Thorwan is offline
Member
iPad (3rd Gen)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 56
Default

Nice, can't wait
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Bool Zero Bool Zero is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,861
Default

I always wondered why they never included all the "elder gods" from the board game. Even as IAP, I don't mind, it just seemed like it was something that should have been out for the game a while ago rather than now after the game has been out for so e good amount of time! In any case that has always been the deciding factor on me picking up this game! They had mentioned the possibility of the other EG being included in the game, but it almost seemed as if it was never coming so I never jumped on buying it despite wanting it. This news is finally a scale tipper... Will buy this payday!

I look forward to seeing how it condenses and reimagines the board game! Now if only FFG would make some of their other board games into apps! I would pay the soul of a kitten for a travel version of Runebound for my iPad, or some of their other board games!


Blogfest, I know...
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-26-2012, 05:20 PM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is online now
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
I always wondered why they never included all the "elder gods" from the board game. Even as IAP, I don't mind, it just seemed like it was something that should have been out for the game a while ago rather than now after the game has been out for so e good amount of time! In any case that has always been the deciding factor on me picking up this game! They had mentioned the possibility of the other EG being included in the game, but it almost seemed as if it was never coming so I never jumped on buying it despite wanting it. This news is finally a scale tipper... Will buy this payday!

I look forward to seeing how it condenses and reimagines the board game! Now if only FFG would make some of their other board games into apps! I would pay the soul of a kitten for a travel version of Runebound for my iPad, or some of their other board games!


Blogfest, I know...
It sounds like it still won't be like the real card game in which the EG is picked at random. You will know, depending on your campaign choice, who you're up against.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-26-2012, 05:26 PM
famousringo famousringo is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 258
Default

Awesome. I had a lot of fun with this game and wore it a little thin. I'll happily pay for some new content to spice things up.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-26-2012, 05:54 PM
JCat JCat is offline
Senior Member
iPad, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 514
Default

I need to grab this one tonight -- in a board game mood. Does it have some kind of starting tutorial, or well explained instructions? Or is it like Ghost Stories which has you scratching your head from the start? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-26-2012, 05:58 PM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is online now
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCat View Post
I need to grab this one tonight -- in a board game mood. Does it have some kind of starting tutorial, or well explained instructions? Or is it like Ghost Stories which has you scratching your head from the start? Thanks!
I can't recall if there was much of a tutorial but, while in many ways the same basic idea as Ghost Stories, I found it a lot easier to follow.

One big trick I learned, however, is more is not always better in this game as I had a lot more luck defeating the game with two investigators than four. While a full force of four investigators ensures you more coverage and variety of cool skills, it also means the game's Dooms Day Clock ticks spins much faster. With 2 investigators I had somebody to back me up if things got tricky (hopefully) but still had the baddies spawning at a reasonable pace. It also, as not a great micro manager, made logistics a bit simpler so I didn't have to keep wondering what each investigator was attempting to do (I know I wanted this investigator to drop buy the Gift Shop for something last turn...but what was it?).

Last edited by LordGek; 03-26-2012 at 06:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-26-2012, 06:09 PM
GodSon GodSon is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,377
Default

I didn't notice anywhere in the provided link an actual date this very generous update is being released? I for one cannot wait for it, nor the iap.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Rarak Rarak is offline
Junior Member
iPad, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Haven't picked up the game yet but it's on my wish list as I just got the new iPad...

But on visiting the devs site I noticed they posted this a few days ago http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed....asp?eidn=3169

It seems the game is getting a new FREE campaign against Yig, the father of serpents!! It also says this campaign will be easier than the Azathoth campaign (which was my concern in picking this up)

They're also adding and new campaign that is an IAP with Cthulhu which is a longer two part scenario!!
Easier than the orginal? After a few play throughs that was too easy too.. I guess this is aimed at new players rather than the existing player base..
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-26-2012, 09:00 PM
VeganTnT's Avatar
VeganTnT VeganTnT is offline
Moderator
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,451
Default

Picked it up cause I was too excited about the update with Cthulhu (even though it's IAP) and won my very first game!

It was a narrow victory but I'll take it
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent