★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: VectorGeddon (Freemium) is out for iPhone & iPad

11-06-2011, 01:06 AM
VectorGeddon (Freemium) is out for iPhone & iPad

We are pleased to announce the release of VectorGeddon, our freemium version of our popular DoodleGeddon game for iOS and OSX (MAS).

Available from the iOS App Store for iPhone, iPod and iPad

VectorGeddon is a fast paced missile command style game where your task is to defend earth against a massive asteroid onslaught. Can you save humanity from total annihilation?

Spawn missile silos around the planet, then tap on incoming asteroids to target and destroy them… sounds simple doesn’t it?

Your resources build automatically over time as well as when you destroy an asteroid. Spend 100 resources on a new Missile Silo, or 250 resources to clear rubble from a destroyed Silo.

You also need to protect your moon that is orbiting your planet. Each time an asteroid hits your moon, you lose valuable resources.

Missile Silo's can be upgraded to with faster launch times or even further with the Mega Pack (IAP Purchase).

FOUR power-up weapons to collect/purchase. Use the shop to sell and buy alternate power-up weapons.

☆ Target and destroy Satellites to gain defensive shields
☆ Target and destroy UFO's to arm your disruptor cannons for a mega blast to knock out a bunch of asteroids at once.
☆ Target and destroy Shuttles to gain Laser power-up weapons.
☆ Purchase a Pulse power-up weapon from the shop and destroy all asteroids on the screen at once (Mega Pack Only)

Each asteroid that hits the Earth will kill off a percentage of your population. When the Earths population hits zero, it’s game over and the end of humanity!

Purchase the Mega Pack to get 3 additional game play modes (Limited Towers, Limited Resources and Instant Death).

All of your game statistics are tracked for you to see how you are playing and VectorGeddon saves score and achievements via Game Center.

Exiting a game mid session will save your game and allow you to resume that game at a later date.

Do you have what it takes? Can you make it past wave 30 and save the world from destruction?

Follow 3 Sprockets on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/3sprockets

Become a fan on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/3Sprockets/165028644033

Seon Rozenblum | Director & Lead Code Monkey, 3 Sprockets
3sprockets.com | cubemen2.com | cubementd.com

"we make cool stuff for desktop, mobile & console!"
11-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Game Impressions

I just played around with the free version and while cute and fun, I think I already see a big issue.

Will I easily be able to see my top local score in each mode if not one of the top 24 scores in that mode (at least in the full version)? I shouldn't have to bring up Game Center to see my top local scores. A very simple fix is to include along the top or bottom of each page of highscores is the player's top local score in that mode. My top local score is the MOST IMPORTANT SCORE IN THE WORLD TO ME and I want to always be able to find it easily (even if I happen to be one of the top 24, it wouldn't hurt to see it on the page twice).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

11-06-2011, 09:40 AM
I bought the mega pack and the game modes are not unlocked and I have no additional silos. I restored purchases and still no new stuff?????
11-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Jalapeno View Post
I bought the mega pack and the game modes are not unlocked and I have no additional silos. I restored purchases and still no new stuff?????
Hiya, Can u please try exiting the app completely (not having it in suspended mode) and re-starting it to see if the Mega pack kicks in.

I have fixed this in the next 1.0.2 update that I am submitting shortly, and I am very sorry for the hassles not having the purchase immediately recognised it causing some users.

Again, sorry.

11-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I just played around with the free version and while cute and fun, I think I already see a big issue.

Will I easily be able to see my top local score in each mode if not one of the top 24 scores in that mode (at least in the full version)? I shouldn't have to bring up Game Center to see my top local scores. A very simple fix is to include along the top or bottom of each page of highscores is the player's top local score in that mode. My top local score is the MOST IMPORTANT SCORE IN THE WORLD TO ME and I want to always be able to find it easily (even if I happen to be one of the top 24, it wouldn't hurt to see it on the page twice).
Hi LordGek, That's a good idea and pretty easy to implement. I will squeeze it into the 1.0.2 update I am working on. Thanks for your feedback :-)

11-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Yea I tried but it still doesn't work. You're game is awesome. I love it. No worries about it not working. Thanks for updating it fast. Is your doodle game the same thing?
11-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seon View Post
Hi LordGek, That's a good idea and pretty easy to implement. I will squeeze it into the 1.0.2 update I am working on. Thanks for your feedback :-)
Thanks, it means a lot to me.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews