★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Squigs are back!

QUICK, HIGHLY ADDICTIVE PUZZLE GAME: control and eliminate the falling columns of Squigs by rearranging them into vertical, horizontal and diagonal groups. As the game speeds up, metal blocks, bombs and TNT add to the excitement as you master the levels.

AWESOME RETRO GAME: A revamp of the 90s Amiga classic, Squigs, for the iPhone and iPad offers improved game play, updated soundtrack, and high definition characters. This casual game is fun for all users HOURS OF FUN FOR ALL AGES, from dedicated fans to new players.

COMPETE WITH OTHER PLAYERS: Share your high scores through Apple Game Center as you gain achievements and try to beat your friends high scores and compete on the world leader boards.

iPhone 5 Full Screen Gaming
Retina Support on iPad 3/4 and iPhone 4/5
iPad Mini Support
Universal iPad and iPhone support
Saves game on interruptions or pause
Easy to pickup, hard to master
Addictive puzzle fun
Multiple difficulty levels
Unique DJ produced music track
One thumb iPhone play
Challenge your friends scores
Game Centre enabled
In game help
Ability to listen personal music during game

JHibbins's comments:

I am the developer of a new iPhone Game : Squigs!

It's available now on the App Store.

It's an iPhone version of a game I wrote for the Amiga 18 years ago!

Let me know what you think :-), all feedback appreciated, I can update the game with any cool suggestions!

Jon Hibbins

11-07-2011, 05:59 AM
Does look good. Funny that every game seems to be 'the most addictive game on the app store' though !
11-07-2011, 06:17 AM
LOL, Well it is! ..
11-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Does look good. Funny that every game seems to be 'the most addictive game on the app store' though !
I found it funny that JHibbins is the author and not developer of this game

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
11-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Well i, for one, remember Squigs from back in the day, and indeed lost many hours playing it on the Amiga. It's exactly the kind of puzzle game that i'm looking for on my ipod, and will be picking it up with all due haste!
11-07-2011, 08:02 PM
So this is like a Columns variant (even if this came out first) or do the Squigs have abilities to hamper your efforts in clearing them? I love all of the stats ratings on the webpage but am afraid that was just some flavor text and not really an indication of cool unique abilities.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews