★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Oceanhorn - New Zelda-inspired title from developers of Death Rally!

09-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Q&A is now up and has three new images, and a lot of details about the game. http://gamerspot.net/oceanhorn-qa-with-new-images/
09-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Was that a spiky Chuchu? O.o

09-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Screens

Those new screens sure look low res and poor compared to the first image released.
09-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Will this be iPad only or will iPod touch be
Supported?
09-02-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonOzborne View Post
Will this be iPad only or will iPod touch be
Supported?
Iphones, iPods and iPads will be supported, but not every generation of the devices.

Your friendly neighbourhood Cornfox
09-02-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMan View Post
Those new screens sure look low res and poor compared to the first image released.
Low res shadow maps and no antialiasing, the earlier shot was probably not in engine. Will probably be improved.
09-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kukulcan View Post
Low res shadow maps and no antialiasing, the earlier shot was probably not in engine. Will probably be improved.
You're right kukulchan! - those screenshots are quite old, they are in fact taken before summer. We wanted to give something for that article. At the moment, when we develop Oceanhorn on PC, we have soft cast shadows and lightning for characters, environment and objects - something that these shots lack. Lots of cool stuff is going in every week. You will find final game looking more like the bullshot than these shots.

Your friendly neighbourhood Cornfox
09-02-2012, 11:40 AM
I had a dream last night that I logged on to TA, and I saw that the title of this thread changed to "Oceanhorm - New Zelda-inspired title with Zombies!" I was scared because all of you guys were happy that it turned into a zombie sim...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhoy View Post
Ask pbarillas how to make the character jump he's intelligent. He should answer. He sometimes doesn't answer though because he has other commitments like learning nursery rhymes, the alphabet and how to tie his shoe laces.
09-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [M&B]Games View Post
I had a dream last night that I logged on to TA, and I saw that the title of this thread changed to "Oceanhorm - New Zelda-inspired title with Zombies!" I was scared because all of you guys were happy that it turned into a zombie sim...
You dreamed about TA? Lol. Jk, I have has some pretty odd dreams about video games. If this turned into a zombie game, the world would be ruined, too many zombie games as it is.

Best Games I Own:Asphalt 7: Heat, Blobster HD, DragonVale, Frisbee Forever 2, Fruit Ninja HD, JetPack Joyride, MetalStorm: Wingman, Minigore Zombies, Modern Combat 3, NOVA 3, Real Racing 2 HD, Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy
Currently Want:Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders
09-03-2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [M&B]Games View Post
Rest assured, they won't turn it into a zombie game. That makes no sense and they already confirmed it will be a Temple Run clone.