★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Oceanhorn - New Zelda-inspired title from developers of Death Rally!

11-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Looks very good judging from the screenshot

From what I read,this is basically a direct Zelda windwaker clone only with different skins/maincharacter?
11-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox-One-1 View Post
Thank you everybody for your supporting comments!

Game, hud and art is still very much work in progress. Everything you can see in the bullshot is ingame assets though and reason it is named bullshot instead of screenshot is because some of the effects are still missing from our game engine. Final result will look different, but with normal and specular maps (missing from the screenshot) it will propably look better - but we will see!

In the core of development of Oceanhorn is 3D-tile world editor called "OCEAN Tile-based Worlds", developed together with Mountain Sheep (We share the same office ), but I will post more details and screenshots of that later. Thanks to efficient level tools, game will be packed with content.

Thanks again and stay tuned folks!
That sounds great! I'm sure you guys can make the game look amazing Can you tell us how similiar it will be to a "Zelda game"? Like dungeons,items, bosses? Or will it mainly just be taking from the playing style of it like the hearts and no xp sorta thing?

Beta Tested Games: Fruit Ninja, Push Panic, Monster Mayhem, Warlords: Call to Arms(Co-op), Airborne Troopers, Max Adventure, Pentagon Defence

11-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensheep View Post
That sounds great! I'm sure you guys can make the game look amazing Can you tell us how similiar it will be to a "Zelda game"? Like dungeons,items, bosses? Or will it mainly just be taking from the playing style of it like the hearts and no xp sorta thing?
I would say game is recognisable as adventure game, rather than RPG. We love RPG's, but adventure game with dynamic world and enemies is something we like to approach with Oceanhorn. Keyword is exploration! There are no "Levels", but vast and non-linear overworld. In this nature, it is very similar to Zelda games.

We are still in that part of the development process where you discover your games potentials so I'm not willing to go into details, but I can promise you that Zelda fans will feel right at home in the world of Oceanhorn, maybe even more so than in any other titles there in Appstore.

Your friendly neighbourhood Cornfox
11-07-2011, 11:39 AM
This looks absolutely amazing!! It's officially on my watch list!! :-D
11-07-2011, 11:39 AM
How long until we see video?

I am not a dev, I just post here.

Last edited by arta; 11-07-2011 at 11:45 AM.
11-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox-One-1 View Post
Thank you everybody for your supporting comments!

Game, hud and art is still very much work in progress. Everything you can see in the bullshot is ingame assets though and reason it is named bullshot instead of screenshot is because some of the effects are still missing from our game engine. Final result will look different, but with normal and specular maps (missing from the screenshot) it will propably look better - but we will see!

In the core of development of Oceanhorn is 3D-tile world editor called "OCEAN Tile-based Worlds", developed together with Mountain Sheep (We share the same office ), but I will post more details and screenshots of that later. Thanks to efficient level tools, game will be packed with content.

Thanks again and stay tuned folks!
Nice! Looking forward to this game so much

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19
11-07-2011, 01:08 PM
looks like it will be fun! im excited!
11-07-2011, 01:11 PM
LOVIN the art style! please dont change your character designs, they have a very "realistic tooned" feel to them that reminds me of the character models from Super Smash Bros. The HUD looks great! The heart bar and the rest of the elements shown in it fit the style perfectly! This is the kind of game I've been looking for on an ios device for years! I am a huge Zelda fan, and I haven't seen anything comparable to the old school top down games at all on the app store! Just this one screenshot has me more than sold!
11-07-2011, 01:13 PM
plz use 3rd person view like in zelda plz plz plz !!
11-07-2011, 01:22 PM
This look phenomenal! Can't wait to see more!

Art Director
Soma Games & Code-Monkeys
Currently working on Suitor Shooter