★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

BeatRider

05-04-2009, 01:42 AM
BeatRider (Submitted and in review)

Wow, how'd I miss this? I was looking for some bemani style games (namely beatmania), and I ran across this on youtube. It uses your MP3 collection (well according to the site you upload it somewhere, hopefully they'll fix it when OS 3.0 comes out).

Video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Official Site:
http://www.mybeatrider.com/

Says the release date was 4/30 (according to http://www.apptism.com/apps/beatrider-5), I guess it should be out soon...

Last edited by RayLancer; 05-04-2009 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Some extra info, videos, etc.
05-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
HOW THE HELL DO I GET THIS!!!!!!!!!!???????????
I've been looking for a game like this for so long!
EDIT Oh okay, I was confused by the section it was in. This looks amazing; I can't wait 'til this is released.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.

Last edited by skamando; 05-04-2009 at 02:00 AM.

05-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Send a message via AIM to Phil_Synowiec Send a message via Skype™ to Phil_Synowiec
05-04-2009, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideToPlay Phil View Post
Shouldnt this be in upcoming then?
Yea... crap... can a mod move this? :S
05-04-2009, 02:05 AM
This game will DESTROY tap-tap. I am super excited, even if I have to upload every track I want to play. I'm a GH and RB nut, and any game where I can play my own songs (I enjoy alot of non-mainstream music), I am super interested in. That's why Audiosurf was such an amazing game to me.
PLEASE, Apple, PLEASE GET THIS INTO THE U.S. STORE NOW!!!

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
05-04-2009, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skamando View Post
This game will DESTROY tap-tap. I am super excited, even if I have to upload every track I want to play. I'm a GH and RB nut, and any game where I can play my own songs (I enjoy alot of non-mainstream music), I am super interested in. That's why Audiosurf was such an amazing game to me.
PLEASE, Apple, PLEASE GET THIS INTO THE U.S. STORE NOW!!!
Old news but, just in case you never saw this:
http://kotaku.com/5177705/audiosurf-...iphone-version
05-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayLancer View Post
Old news but, just in case you never saw this:
http://kotaku.com/5177705/audiosurf-...iphone-version
No, I heard, and I'm extremely excited for that too, but thats a few months off, minimum. This is coming within the next week or two, right? This is also a bit more of a Guitar Hero style game, Audiosurf has a puzzle element that I sometimes don't want to deal with. That's why I always play on Ninja Mono on AS.

05-04-2009, 10:22 AM
The game has been submitted. I emailed the developers last night and got this as a response:

"Thank you for interested in our game.
We are waiting approval from App Store.
We apologize for inconvenience, and will let you know as soon as we are able.

Regards,

Beatrider Developer manager"

I hope it comes out soon, but with Apple's Approval time, that might be a while.
05-04-2009, 05:37 PM
I am super stoked for this. I hope Apple speeds this up, it has so much promise.

05-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Ooooooh. <3

/me wants to game to Bionic Commando music.

Plays: Zaxxon Escape, Plague Inc., Phoenix HD, Block Fortress, Knights of Pen and Paper.
Using: 64 GB iPod Touch 5G