Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-18-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nonya1 View Post
Great game right up until it crashed on my iPhone 4s and deleted everything in my inventory.

So periodically saving it AND backing it up does nothing.

Deleted from device. 1-star review left in iTunes.

Not wasting my time with this buggy game.
That's because you didn't push the "Restore Items" button. User error!
Old 12-18-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nonya1 View Post
You want helpful feedback? Then keep an eye on your iTunes feedback.

Problem is, when you hit PAUSE it auto-saves.
Hitting restore does work...it restores what was immediately saved when you hit PAUSE.
Including a deleted inventory.

No worries here though, since it's been deleted from my iPhone I won't be running into it again.
I want what you're smoking.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:17 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

The backup function isn't intuitive, and does seem to be poorly integrated to the UI. The backup button is on the pause (save isn't backup, like some people would think), restore world is on the main load world screen, the restore items is in the options. It's rather all-over-the-place. It's just not very straightforward -- it's clear that the guy complaining couldn't figure out how it works at all.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:59 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
The backup function isn't intuitive, and does seem to be poorly integrated to the UI. The backup button is on the pause (save isn't backup, like some people would think), restore world is on the main load world screen, the restore items is in the options. It's rather all-over-the-place. It's just not very straightforward -- it's clear that the guy complaining couldn't figure out how it works at all.
It may not be intuitive, but it makes sense - it's not like you need to (or should be able to) restore a world from within the world. You probably won't need to restore the inventory from the main menu either.

I was thinking the same thing until I realised... There's nowhere else I'd put them if this was my own game.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:24 PM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Backing up should probably be in the tutorial somewhere since it differs from saving, which is something most people might not realize unless they've read the thread here or Pixbits' official forums. But rather than having the back-up functions separated between the world menu and the options, there could be a back-up button in the world menu that takes you to a screen where you can separately back up your items then each of the three worlds. I'm not sure how that would work out UI-wise, however.

That aside, does anyone know whether we lose the holiday present drops and biome on the next update? Pardon for asking a second time, but I think my post regarding this was buried a few pages back. >>;

Last edited by AlteaineDranix; 12-19-2011 at 12:28 AM..
Old 12-18-2011, 10:37 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
It may not be intuitive, but it makes sense - it's not like you need to (or should be able to) restore a world from within the world. You probably won't need to restore the inventory from the main menu either.

I was thinking the same thing until I realised... There's nowhere else I'd put them if this was my own game.
You don't need to restore the inventory from the main menu but it would certainly make it more obvious that it exists. You got people voicing they don't know how it works, and it seems like some people don't seem to know it exists until they read this thread. So it is hardly ideal, isn't it?

Not really asking you to accept the feedback, the feedback is the for the dev. It is entirely up to him if he wants to do something about it.

Last edited by Ravenblack; 12-18-2011 at 10:39 PM..
Old 12-18-2011, 10:54 PM
iPad mini

Why are more and more updates coming out for this game without the core crashing issue being solved/addressed first and foremost?

It was a pain seeing all the negative reviews on the AppStore complaining about the same problem... why isn't the dev able to solve this and/or put it on priority above all else?
Old 12-18-2011, 11:15 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
Why are more and more updates coming out for this game without the core crashing issue being solved/addressed first and foremost?

... why isn't the dev able to solve this and/or put it on priority above all else?
Lol, that's probably one of the biggest concerns of everyone that buys games on the iOS.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:23 PM
iPhone 4

This is really strange- I cannot craft any doors, but I can craft everything else! Please help!
Old 12-18-2011, 11:32 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by electroman12 View Post
This is really strange- I cannot craft any doors, but I can craft everything else! Please help!
I think the craft blueprint for doors has been changed, so if you're using the old blueprint from memory - that would be why. I'm not sure what the new one is, sorry.