★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
Originally Posted by Gamigo78 View Post
You cant change the world appearance in Junk Jack. But you can use old worlds if you want to have trees without snow on them.
Thats like telling me no, then yes. I dont have the game, so i dont know how it works. My point is if authors add new world appearance and at some part they stop work on game, i dont want to be stuck for example on snowy looking created world.

So my question was, when you start the game, there is some option to create world and there you choose what kind of scenery it should have?
12-10-2012, 12:20 PM
No you cant choose the scenery you would like to have. Sorry if my answer was a bit irritating.

12-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Well, since the Christmas update is finally here, I'll show off my Christmas themed house

Member of the Beta Tester Alliance
Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Nicodemus82
12-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Is this better than minecraft?
12-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Is this better than minecraft?
It's different.

This is my favorite 2D "Minecraft" game on any platform, and the controls were built from the ground-up to be touchscreen friendly. There is a LOT of content and if you are interested in a 2D "Minecraft" I couldn't recommend this enough. (Been playing Minecraft since Alpha. )

Minecraft Pocket Edition has come a long way since it started, but you're still stuck in a tiny world, and have to struggle with the smaller screen/controls (especially on an iPhone/iPod Touch.) Between the two, I've played Junk Jack more. (The other "Minecraft game on my iPhone is Eden: World Builder which I like as well.)

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!
12-10-2012, 06:10 PM
IMO, it is. I really don't like playing minecraft on mobile devices. It is not comfortable and the steering is terrible to build something bigger than a small house for yourself.
It looks different in Junk Jack. It has more from Terraria than Minecraft but, looking at iOS versions, I would rather spend again the money on this one than MC.
12-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
I have every minecraft version and am happy with all of them however, if I had to chose between minecraft pocket and junk jack with every hat I would chose the latter...

I see it like this, in the battle of the crafting games

MCPE vs JJ = JJ wins
MCWIN/MAC vs JJ = JJ still comes on par to minecraft full for me, even if they were both on the same platform.
I still have to find time to play this game more, but I've bought every hat IAP to support the devs & because I like them. The game is fantastic! You can spend your life with it if you're not careful
01-03-2013, 09:15 AM
I was hoping this game would be Terraria.

It's Terraria with infinite worlds and penguins!

I've been playing it for a bit and it's great fun when you've got the hang of it, has a nice range of achievements too. Definitely worth the money.
01-05-2013, 03:50 AM
Just came back and playing this game again. I'm still hunting for those gold bars so that I can open that darn treasure box. I read some posts in this thread that you can open a gold treasure box with a silver hammer. That is false or misunderstood. I for one still cannot crack that one treasure...

Man, is this game deep or what? I havent even touch farming or breeding.
01-12-2013, 02:39 AM
Howdy folks,I was reading the reviews on Junk Jack again,and was wondering if all the updates since release eased some of my worries and "problems" highlighted in said reviews..namely the steep difficulty curve (do I have to memorize every recipe or fall back on browsing the internet every time to know how and what to do?) and controls (is there too much tapping?).

Thanks in advance