Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-10-2012, 11:20 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

No you cant choose the scenery you would like to have. Sorry if my answer was a bit irritating.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:37 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Well, since the Christmas update is finally here, I'll show off my Christmas themed house

Old 12-10-2012, 05:10 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Is this better than minecraft?
It's different.

This is my favorite 2D "Minecraft" game on any platform, and the controls were built from the ground-up to be touchscreen friendly. There is a LOT of content and if you are interested in a 2D "Minecraft" I couldn't recommend this enough. (Been playing Minecraft since Alpha. )

Minecraft Pocket Edition has come a long way since it started, but you're still stuck in a tiny world, and have to struggle with the smaller screen/controls (especially on an iPhone/iPod Touch.) Between the two, I've played Junk Jack more. (The other "Minecraft game on my iPhone is Eden: World Builder which I like as well.)
Old 12-10-2012, 05:10 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

IMO, it is. I really don't like playing minecraft on mobile devices. It is not comfortable and the steering is terrible to build something bigger than a small house for yourself.
It looks different in Junk Jack. It has more from Terraria than Minecraft but, looking at iOS versions, I would rather spend again the money on this one than MC.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionwebs View Post
I have every minecraft version and am happy with all of them however, if I had to chose between minecraft pocket and junk jack with every hat I would chose the latter...

I see it like this, in the battle of the crafting games

MCPE vs JJ = JJ wins
MCWIN/MAC vs JJ = JJ still comes on par to minecraft full for me, even if they were both on the same platform.
I still have to find time to play this game more, but I've bought every hat IAP to support the devs & because I like them. The game is fantastic! You can spend your life with it if you're not careful
Old 01-03-2013, 08:15 AM

I was hoping this game would be Terraria.

It's Terraria with infinite worlds and penguins!

I've been playing it for a bit and it's great fun when you've got the hang of it, has a nice range of achievements too. Definitely worth the money.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:50 AM

Just came back and playing this game again. I'm still hunting for those gold bars so that I can open that darn treasure box. I read some posts in this thread that you can open a gold treasure box with a silver hammer. That is false or misunderstood. I for one still cannot crack that one treasure...

Man, is this game deep or what? I havent even touch farming or breeding.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:39 AM

Howdy folks,I was reading the reviews on Junk Jack again,and was wondering if all the updates since release eased some of my worries and "problems" highlighted in said reviews..namely the steep difficulty curve (do I have to memorize every recipe or fall back on browsing the internet every time to know how and what to do?) and controls (is there too much tapping?).

Thanks in advance
Old 01-12-2013, 01:43 AM

Just played a ton of the blockheads game which is apparently very similar to this game. I loved it way more than I was expecting and am now considering purchasing this game also. Has anyone here played both that would mind giving me a quick comparison? Thanks!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:55 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmc View Post
Just played a ton of the blockheads game which is apparently very similar to this game. I loved it way more than I was expecting and am now considering purchasing this game also. Has anyone here played both that would mind giving me a quick comparison? Thanks!
The Blockheads is good for a quick pick up n play session now and again, where as Junk Jack will suck away your hours.
In my opinion it's easily the best of this type of game available.
There's just soo much content, from the breeding, farming, crafting, building to just exploring the world. You certainly won't get bored with this one. And the best thing of all... No sitting around waiting to craft something