Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1731  
Old 01-29-2013, 11:48 PM
Tannorexic Tannorexic is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Somewhere in the spiritual realm
Posts: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDatButt View Post
This game looks WAY complicated.

Almost intimidating.
It's surprisingly not. Just punch basically, then build.


I don't believe this version should get regular updates anymore, their main priority should be 2.0 .. The original junk jack got plenty of updates, too many for me to even play. I stopped playing a long time ago but ill always have find memories.. Ill probably play gain when 2.0 comes out. I think the cloning bug ruined it for me.. I used to go around collecting coal and all that jazz, but when the bug happened I couldn't help myself and I cloned a heap of stuff, then I enjoyed the fruits of my no labour and built some awesome stuff, then I never opened the game again. I ruined it and I only have myself to blame. But 2.0 will rekindle my love again.

Last edited by Tannorexic; 01-29-2013 at 11:51 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1732  
Old 01-30-2013, 06:35 AM
C.Hannum C.Hannum is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannorexic View Post
I stopped playing a long time ago but ill always have find memories.. Ill probably play gain when 2.0 comes out. ... I ruined it and I only have myself to blame. But 2.0 will rekindle my love again.
Not sure how long ago you quit, but you might want to consider giving it a go again if you loved it before. I wound up getting distracted after 1.05 and somehow never got back to it. Then I got myself all excited by the upcoming sequel... then I realized said sequel could be several months off and decided to give the original a go while enduring the wait. With the addition of breeding, farming, a whole top level ore, gem socketing, total revamp to cooking, etc., it might as well be a sequel.

That said, there was no bug, just a lack of personal control. You've been able to duplicate anything you wanted to infinity and beyond from the 1.0 version. The item back up exploit (what I assume you're referring to) just made it even easier and is still there and unlikely to go anywhere for the sequel. If you couldn't control yourself with the power of the sandbox in JJ1, the sequel is really going to test your resolve

It is, after all, a sandbox game.
Reply With Quote
  #1733  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:09 AM
SmackDatButt SmackDatButt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Not sure how long ago you quit, but you might want to consider giving it a go again if you loved it before. I wound up getting distracted after 1.05 and somehow never got back to it. Then I got myself all excited by the upcoming sequel... then I realized said sequel could be several months off and decided to give the original a go while enduring.
I heard that the 2.0 version isn't gonna be much different, just more critiqued for the more powerful iDevices and not much more than regular small content updates on those platforms.
Reply With Quote
  #1734  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:30 AM
Tannorexic Tannorexic is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Somewhere in the spiritual realm
Posts: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Not sure how long ago you quit, but you might want to consider giving it a go again if you loved it before. I wound up getting distracted after 1.05 and somehow never got back to it. Then I got myself all excited by the upcoming sequel... then I realized said sequel could be several months off and decided to give the original a go while enduring the wait. With the addition of breeding, farming, a whole top level ore, gem socketing, total revamp to cooking, etc., it might as well be a sequel.

That said, there was no bug, just a lack of personal control. You've been able to duplicate anything you wanted to infinity and beyond from the 1.0 version. The item back up exploit (what I assume you're referring to) just made it even easier and is still there and unlikely to go anywhere for the sequel. If you couldn't control yourself with the power of the sandbox in JJ1, the sequel is really going to test your resolve

It is, after all, a sandbox game.
Yeah I think it was a backup bug but I forget what exactly you do. If I don't look it up maybe I won't do it. I think I will be able to control myself this time because last time I saw people posting to clone all your stuff before the exploit was fixed and I felt almost rushed into it, then I highly regretted it.
Now that I know it ruins the game I don't think I'd do that again to myself.

The updates do sound pretty nice..
Breeding, and farming sound wicked.. I think I do remember cooking, I think you mixed coal with a piece of meat to cool it, so sometime around then..actually I remember collecting a Xmas tree statue too, but I never collected all the statues, must have been not this Xmas, but the last. A

lot can happen in a year so I probably should check it out.
The screenies look amazing. I'm just scared to start because last time I couldn't stop. I played it non stop..
Ill try to open her up someday soon though..
When I don't have anything to do the following day so if I do stay up all night playing the repercussions won't be as bad as last time. The fact that its offline is really good, but I'm looking forward to multiplayer mode, I hope they do it like the game growtopia where everyone can walk around talking and stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #1735  
Old 01-31-2013, 01:31 AM
Cirnol Cirnol is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 144
Default

I finally got this game!

The help book was so long, that night fell by the time I finished reading. xD
Reply With Quote
  #1736  
Old 01-31-2013, 07:59 AM
C.Hannum C.Hannum is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDatButt View Post
I heard that the 2.0 version isn't gonna be much different, just more critiqued for the more powerful iDevices and not much more than regular small content updates on those platforms.
If by multiplayer, clothing & armor, inventory system on crack, better environment interaction, water, lava, myriad features they've said people have asked for but they couldn't implement without breaking compatibility with 2G touch/3G iPhones, bigger worlds, etc., you mean "not much more than regular small content updates", sure

Not clear where you're getting your cynic version of the information, but you might want to actually look at what Jack & XsX have posted before downplaying the numerous significant improvements and changes they're making.
Reply With Quote
  #1737  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:01 PM
SmackDatButt SmackDatButt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
If by multiplayer, clothing & armor, inventory system on crack, better environment interaction, water, lava, myriad features they've said people have asked for but they couldn't implement without breaking compatibility with 2G touch/3G iPhones, bigger worlds, etc., you mean "not much more than regular small content updates", sure

Not clear where you're getting your cynic version of the information, but you might want to actually look at what Jack & XsX have posted before downplaying the numerous significant improvements and changes they're making.
Hey, that's just what I heard. But thank you for correcting me.
Reply With Quote
  #1738  
Old 02-15-2013, 06:19 AM
jerzeeshadow jerzeeshadow is offline
Member
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), iOS 4.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Twilight Zone
Posts: 32
Default 1.2.4 Valentine Update Is Out!

Okay everyone! Junk Jack 1.2.4 update is live! Check the changelog for specifics:
http://forum.pixbits.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8
Though update is small, its still a good one. New Valentine bows & arrows, a cute V-Day chest, and four more statues!
Reply With Quote
  #1739  
Old 03-18-2013, 07:03 PM
deadclown deadclown is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzeeshadow View Post
Okay everyone! Junk Jack 1.2.4 update is live! Check the changelog for specifics:
http://forum.pixbits.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8
Though update is small, its still a good one. New Valentine bows & arrows, a cute V-Day chest, and four more statues!
Somebody should update the thread title.
Reply With Quote
  #1740  
Old 03-25-2013, 12:45 AM
jerzeeshadow jerzeeshadow is offline
Member
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), iOS 4.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Twilight Zone
Posts: 32
Default Thread title updated!

Thank you to New England Gamer for updating this threads title
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent