App description: Junk Jack is a 2D sandbox game where you can explore, build your home and survive in random procedurally generated worlds full of monsters, treasures and hidden secrets!

---------

What the press says:

"A Wonderful Free-Roam Game with an Irresistible Pixel Aesthetic"
-Iphonealley.com, 4.5/5

"It has charm in spades. While it isn't the first 2D sandbox building game out there, it is a particularly attractive one, sporting crisp pixel art and gorgeous lighting effects. "
"
-Toucharcade, 4/5

"Junk Jack is a hands-down, no questions asked must-own for any and all iOS users who love sandbox crafting games."
-148apps, 4.5/5

"Junk Jack isn't Minecraft, nor does it feel like it needs to be as its 2D world provides the same level of novel exploration fun while presenting challenges of its own to overcome; a tightly balanced free form experience that's only going to get better with time."
-Appspy, 5/5

---------

Join our forum (http://forum.pixbits.com) and help us to improve our game, and share your creations!

Features:

* retro style pixel art!
* beautiful sound tracks from Bright Primate
* intuitive controls: swipe to move and tap to interact with everything!
* dynamic day/night cycle
* never get lost with customizable signs
* advanced farming system with more than 30 different plant types
* 135+ recipes for cookable foods!
* tint cloth blocks with 15 color dyes
* underground biomes with unique graphic style and monsters.
* placeable and throwable explosives that can destroy buildings, landscapes and monsters!
* critters and enemies to fight (more than 60 different mobs!)
* a fully featured lighting system together with many different sources of light and global lighting
* 3 slots for infinite worlds that you can generate and explore, every world is different from any other!
* procedural generation which creates beautiful worlds with plants, caves, different biomes all around the world
* a double layered world which allows to customize background and foreground of your creations
* many ores and shiny gems to help your adventure
* many hidden containers full of treasures
* more than 1000 treasures!
* more than 600 crafts!
* more than 380 block types
* many elements to decorate your houses (like sofas, tables, wardrobes, paintings, statues and many others)
* an in-game discoverable book to teach you how to play and the recipes available
* shelfs to place items around just to make your buildings shine
* minimap (with a really zoomed out feature to allow you to share your creations)
* runs fine on older gen hardware

We would like to thank Notch! He developed our bigger indie brother Minecraft, without which this game would not exist.

If you need help, please contact us!

New England Gamer's comments:

Having trouble starting?

Check out the Beginner's Guide:
http://forum.pixbits.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=448
01-29-2013, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDatButt View Post
This game looks WAY complicated.

Almost intimidating.
It's surprisingly not. Just punch basically, then build.

I don't believe this version should get regular updates anymore, their main priority should be 2.0 .. The original junk jack got plenty of updates, too many for me to even play. I stopped playing a long time ago but ill always have find memories.. Ill probably play gain when 2.0 comes out. I think the cloning bug ruined it for me.. I used to go around collecting coal and all that jazz, but when the bug happened I couldn't help myself and I cloned a heap of stuff, then I enjoyed the fruits of my no labour and built some awesome stuff, then I never opened the game again. I ruined it and I only have myself to blame. But 2.0 will rekindle my love again.

Last edited by Tannorexic; 01-29-2013 at 11:51 PM.
01-30-2013, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannorexic View Post
I stopped playing a long time ago but ill always have find memories.. Ill probably play gain when 2.0 comes out. ... I ruined it and I only have myself to blame. But 2.0 will rekindle my love again.
Not sure how long ago you quit, but you might want to consider giving it a go again if you loved it before. I wound up getting distracted after 1.05 and somehow never got back to it. Then I got myself all excited by the upcoming sequel... then I realized said sequel could be several months off and decided to give the original a go while enduring the wait. With the addition of breeding, farming, a whole top level ore, gem socketing, total revamp to cooking, etc., it might as well be a sequel.

That said, there was no bug, just a lack of personal control. You've been able to duplicate anything you wanted to infinity and beyond from the 1.0 version. The item back up exploit (what I assume you're referring to) just made it even easier and is still there and unlikely to go anywhere for the sequel. If you couldn't control yourself with the power of the sandbox in JJ1, the sequel is really going to test your resolve

It is, after all, a sandbox game.

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )

01-31-2013, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Not sure how long ago you quit, but you might want to consider giving it a go again if you loved it before. I wound up getting distracted after 1.05 and somehow never got back to it. Then I got myself all excited by the upcoming sequel... then I realized said sequel could be several months off and decided to give the original a go while enduring.
I heard that the 2.0 version isn't gonna be much different, just more critiqued for the more powerful iDevices and not much more than regular small content updates on those platforms.
01-31-2013, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Not sure how long ago you quit, but you might want to consider giving it a go again if you loved it before. I wound up getting distracted after 1.05 and somehow never got back to it. Then I got myself all excited by the upcoming sequel... then I realized said sequel could be several months off and decided to give the original a go while enduring the wait. With the addition of breeding, farming, a whole top level ore, gem socketing, total revamp to cooking, etc., it might as well be a sequel.

That said, there was no bug, just a lack of personal control. You've been able to duplicate anything you wanted to infinity and beyond from the 1.0 version. The item back up exploit (what I assume you're referring to) just made it even easier and is still there and unlikely to go anywhere for the sequel. If you couldn't control yourself with the power of the sandbox in JJ1, the sequel is really going to test your resolve

It is, after all, a sandbox game.
Yeah I think it was a backup bug but I forget what exactly you do. If I don't look it up maybe I won't do it. I think I will be able to control myself this time because last time I saw people posting to clone all your stuff before the exploit was fixed and I felt almost rushed into it, then I highly regretted it.
Now that I know it ruins the game I don't think I'd do that again to myself.

The updates do sound pretty nice..
Breeding, and farming sound wicked.. I think I do remember cooking, I think you mixed coal with a piece of meat to cool it, so sometime around then..actually I remember collecting a Xmas tree statue too, but I never collected all the statues, must have been not this Xmas, but the last. A

lot can happen in a year so I probably should check it out.
The screenies look amazing. I'm just scared to start because last time I couldn't stop. I played it non stop..
Ill try to open her up someday soon though..
When I don't have anything to do the following day so if I do stay up all night playing the repercussions won't be as bad as last time. The fact that its offline is really good, but I'm looking forward to multiplayer mode, I hope they do it like the game growtopia where everyone can walk around talking and stuff.
01-31-2013, 01:31 AM
I finally got this game!

The help book was so long, that night fell by the time I finished reading. xD
01-31-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDatButt View Post
I heard that the 2.0 version isn't gonna be much different, just more critiqued for the more powerful iDevices and not much more than regular small content updates on those platforms.
If by multiplayer, clothing & armor, inventory system on crack, better environment interaction, water, lava, myriad features they've said people have asked for but they couldn't implement without breaking compatibility with 2G touch/3G iPhones, bigger worlds, etc., you mean "not much more than regular small content updates", sure

Not clear where you're getting your cynic version of the information, but you might want to actually look at what Jack & XsX have posted before downplaying the numerous significant improvements and changes they're making.

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )
01-31-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
If by multiplayer, clothing & armor, inventory system on crack, better environment interaction, water, lava, myriad features they've said people have asked for but they couldn't implement without breaking compatibility with 2G touch/3G iPhones, bigger worlds, etc., you mean "not much more than regular small content updates", sure

Not clear where you're getting your cynic version of the information, but you might want to actually look at what Jack & XsX have posted before downplaying the numerous significant improvements and changes they're making.
Hey, that's just what I heard. But thank you for correcting me.
02-15-2013, 06:19 AM
1.2.4 Valentine Update Is Out!

Okay everyone! Junk Jack 1.2.4 update is live! Check the changelog for specifics:
http://forum.pixbits.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8
Though update is small, its still a good one. New Valentine bows & arrows, a cute V-Day chest, and four more statues!
03-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzeeshadow View Post
Okay everyone! Junk Jack 1.2.4 update is live! Check the changelog for specifics:
http://forum.pixbits.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8
Though update is small, its still a good one. New Valentine bows & arrows, a cute V-Day chest, and four more statues!
Somebody should update the thread title.

GC: Scarlock

oO(x_x)0o
,..|>o<|..,
03-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Thread title updated!

Thank you to New England Gamer for updating this threads title