Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-12-2011, 02:45 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Excellent. Thank you.

I used to just spawn at my forge - when or how is this different? Can it save me from the dark? Or trapped underground?
Normally you spawn wherever you spawned in the world for the first time. I guess that's where you built your forge.

The bed lets you choose where you spawn after you die, but it's mainly useful only if you built your house elsewhere.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Normally you spawn wherever you spawned in the world for the first time. I guess that's where you built your forge.

The bed lets you choose where you spawn after you die, but it's mainly useful only if you built your house elsewhere.
Ok makes sense - no matter, I hit it to spawn there. Just one level above my forge anyway.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:10 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

So I've been working on my epic house which I'll share later, but to finish off the library I need to find two more statue pieces.

Is there a specific pattern to statues? As in depth, biome, etc?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:38 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Hey! I've been looking at buying Junk Jack (almost for sure will, the only question is when i stop psyching myself out and pull the trigger ). But I saw somewhere that this is a 'launch special'. Is that true?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:45 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

It's only $3 for an awesome game. Buy it.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:45 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue016 View Post
Hey! I've been looking at buying Junk Jack (almost for sure will, the only question is when i stop psyching myself out and pull the trigger ). But I saw somewhere that this is a 'launch special'. Is that true?
If it is GO BUY IT, what are you waiting for, the price to increase?
Old 11-12-2011, 05:48 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue016 View Post
Launch special or not, it's worth $3. Hell, it's worth much more! Support the devs and buy it at this price even risking to lose an offer. You'll enjoy the game for days until the offer arrives It's like Shadowgun: I love the game and don't mind to pay premium price to support devs, even having an offer as the one there is now.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:41 PM
iPad 2

I'm loving Junk Jack right now, and it actually looks really good x2 on my iPad. can't wait for the mailbox and quests and such!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
READ before your post. It gives other members confusing ideas! An update is in the works for the tap mechanic - as heated as THAT debate has become.

Tap, don't tap, frankly I don't care, I like the game enough to play it the way the developer wants me to.
My point was that having machine gun tapping be superior (timewise or other) to the forthcoming tap-hold mechanic is a bit unfair to people like me who have work-related repetitive motion disorder (which is WAY more common than most people think.)

I'm grateful for the implementation of single-touch block-breaking. I just feel that there isn't a compelling gameplay reason not to make it completely fair (ie normal tap rate will destroy a block in approximately the same amount of time as an automated touch (preferable!) or touch-hold mechanic.)

It may seem like splitting hairs...but a HUGE number of working professionals don't make time to visit forums and post their opinions, so I wanted to make sure that that opinion was presented (and in a reasonable way).
Old 11-12-2011, 08:49 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadclown View Post
My point was that having machine gun tapping be superior (timewise or other) to the forthcoming tap-hold mechanic is a bit unfair to people like me who have work-related repetitive motion disorder (which is WAY more common than most people think.)
You know, I'm perfectly happy with "auto-tapping" being slower than the regular way - there must be eleventy-billion video games that give you a manual and auto fire buttons where you can tap the manual fire faster.

Sad thing is that part of my mouse-gained injury (that's what I get for trying to finish Magic Carpet II in one sitting with a crappy little MS Home mouse (you know the cute little blue one that looks like a house? That one.)) is that I can spaz my fingers and tap quite fast - I can totally own at Track & Fiels and those little Hudson button-mashers. And Game & Watch.

Now where was I? Oh yeah, this game totally rocks, and it'll be even better (for me at least) when we have the option to hold-to-mine!

Sorry, I should be posting more on the official forum (am on there, though not much yet... )