Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-16-2011, 03:05 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixbits View Post
We are closed testing the 1.0.3 which changed many things internally to avoid crashes, make sure to make backups until then.. unfortunately an engine like the one of Junk Jack is so full of features that requires really a lot of work for 100% safety

It will also have a good backup function that will save your worlds and your inventory from these issues.

Soon everything will be working fine! (or the real Minecraft will have buried us :P )
No, Minecraft won't bury you, at least for me . Junk Jack suits my iPhone much better than Minecraft, it has got mobs, etc. Yes, some people will prefer Minecraft, but I prefer yours. Btw, you're around position 42 in the global game ranking of the Spanish app store. You should be very happy about that, plus IMHO you are nurturing the game and taking care of all the issues ASAP, which is a plus for iPhone games.

I have stopped playing until 1.03 is available because I haven't got much time to back up the archives during the day, so I prefer to be patient and wait for all the fixes to arrive. Nonetheless, I've played a lot and I've enjoyed it much, much more than when I played Eden (Minecraft clone) some months ago.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:51 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
We are closed testing the 1.0.3 which changed many things internally to avoid crashes, make sure to make backups until then.. unfortunately an engine like the one of Junk Jack is so full of features that requires really a lot of work for 100% safety

It will also have a good backup function that will save your worlds and your inventory from these issues.

Soon everything will be working fine! (or the real Minecraft will have buried us :P )
You have a great chance to beat Minecraft on the iPhone since the look and nature of your game just fits the device SO much better, but only if you can put the work into it you will need to fix all the bugs, make regular updates and expand the functionality to add lots while still fitting the small format so well like you have so far.

I hope you have great success, since I have no interest in the regular Minecraft on my phone
Old 11-16-2011, 04:55 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I don't think you can compare this game to minecraft, because it is 2D. Just because it is a block building game doesn't mean it is like minecraft.
Besides, there are like a billion minecraft fanboys that get butthurt when people give their honest opinion and say they like (whatever game) over minecraft.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:41 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenXXDeadly View Post
I don't think you can compare this game to minecraft, because it is 2D. Just because it is a block building game doesn't mean it is like minecraft.
Besides, there are like a billion minecraft fanboys that get butthurt when people give their honest opinion and say they like (whatever game) over minecraft.
Heh, now there are a billion minecraft fanboys butthurt
Old 11-16-2011, 06:13 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Lol I know.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:25 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Fine by me.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:

Not in my eyes!

Never played Minecraft and it is way too open world for me - this while open world has some distant goals - finding biomes, finding items, etc. No comparison.

Not only that but this looks a heck of a lot better and more fun than the screenshots of that "other" game!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:35 PM

Im not going to buy minecraft.
first off its so expensive
2nd off, i dont like the graphics or the less personal feeling i get when i play it..its more cold and lonely for some reason.
and 3rd, it doesnt fit the ipod in my opinion.

Keep up content updates, and you wont have anything to worry about.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Coal I get from just breezing though the third world now and again. I have left that one undeveloped and delete it when I pillage the top later.
Read that again from the context of globalization and economic imperialism.

It's pretty darn funny.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadclown View Post
Read that again from the context of globalization and economic imperialism.

It's pretty darn funny.
Yeah now that you say it like that, you are dead on right!

Still, it does work and has its place in the Junk Jack world of survival!

Now you are going to make me feel bad!