Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #751  
Old 11-16-2011, 03:05 PM
VirtualBoyFreak VirtualBoyFreak is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 2,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixbits View Post
We are closed testing the 1.0.3 which changed many things internally to avoid crashes, make sure to make backups until then.. unfortunately an engine like the one of Junk Jack is so full of features that requires really a lot of work for 100% safety

It will also have a good backup function that will save your worlds and your inventory from these issues.

Soon everything will be working fine! (or the real Minecraft will have buried us :P )
No, Minecraft won't bury you, at least for me . Junk Jack suits my iPhone much better than Minecraft, it has got mobs, etc. Yes, some people will prefer Minecraft, but I prefer yours. Btw, you're around position 42 in the global game ranking of the Spanish app store. You should be very happy about that, plus IMHO you are nurturing the game and taking care of all the issues ASAP, which is a plus for iPhone games.

I have stopped playing until 1.03 is available because I haven't got much time to back up the archives during the day, so I prefer to be patient and wait for all the fixes to arrive. Nonetheless, I've played a lot and I've enjoyed it much, much more than when I played Eden (Minecraft clone) some months ago.
Reply With Quote
  #752  
Old 11-16-2011, 04:51 PM
btutterrow btutterrow is offline
Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixbits View Post
We are closed testing the 1.0.3 which changed many things internally to avoid crashes, make sure to make backups until then.. unfortunately an engine like the one of Junk Jack is so full of features that requires really a lot of work for 100% safety

It will also have a good backup function that will save your worlds and your inventory from these issues.

Soon everything will be working fine! (or the real Minecraft will have buried us :P )
You have a great chance to beat Minecraft on the iPhone since the look and nature of your game just fits the device SO much better, but only if you can put the work into it you will need to fix all the bugs, make regular updates and expand the functionality to add lots while still fitting the small format so well like you have so far.

I hope you have great success, since I have no interest in the regular Minecraft on my phone
Reply With Quote
  #753  
Old 11-16-2011, 04:55 PM
TakenXXDeadly TakenXXDeadly is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,307
Default

I don't think you can compare this game to minecraft, because it is 2D. Just because it is a block building game doesn't mean it is like minecraft.
Besides, there are like a billion minecraft fanboys that get butthurt when people give their honest opinion and say they like (whatever game) over minecraft.
Reply With Quote
  #754  
Old 11-16-2011, 05:41 PM
VirtualBoyFreak VirtualBoyFreak is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 2,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenXXDeadly View Post
I don't think you can compare this game to minecraft, because it is 2D. Just because it is a block building game doesn't mean it is like minecraft.
Besides, there are like a billion minecraft fanboys that get butthurt when people give their honest opinion and say they like (whatever game) over minecraft.
Heh, now there are a billion minecraft fanboys butthurt
Reply With Quote
  #755  
Old 11-16-2011, 06:13 PM
TakenXXDeadly TakenXXDeadly is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Heh, now there are a billion minecraft fanboys butthurt
Lol I know.
Reply With Quote
  #756  
Old 11-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Echoseven Echoseven is online now
Moderator
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: The red Skittle
Posts: 4,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Heh, now there are a billion minecraft fanboys butthurt
Fine by me.
Reply With Quote
  #757  
Old 11-16-2011, 06:31 PM
New England Gamer's Avatar
New England Gamer New England Gamer is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixbits View Post
We are closed testing the 1.0.3 which changed many things internally to avoid crashes, make sure to make backups until then.. unfortunately an engine like the one of Junk Jack is so full of features that requires really a lot of work for 100% safety

It will also have a good backup function that will save your worlds and your inventory from these issues.

Soon everything will be working fine! (or the real Minecraft will have buried us :P )
Not in my eyes!

Never played Minecraft and it is way too open world for me - this while open world has some distant goals - finding biomes, finding items, etc. No comparison.

Not only that but this looks a heck of a lot better and more fun than the screenshots of that "other" game!
Reply With Quote
  #758  
Old 11-16-2011, 07:35 PM
rayvin400 rayvin400 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 21
Default

Im not going to buy minecraft.
first off its so expensive
2nd off, i dont like the graphics or the less personal feeling i get when i play it..its more cold and lonely for some reason.
and 3rd, it doesnt fit the ipod in my opinion.

Keep up content updates, and you wont have anything to worry about.
Reply With Quote
  #759  
Old 11-16-2011, 08:06 PM
deadclown deadclown is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Coal I get from just breezing though the third world now and again. I have left that one undeveloped and delete it when I pillage the top later.
Read that again from the context of globalization and economic imperialism.

It's pretty darn funny.
Reply With Quote
  #760  
Old 11-16-2011, 08:09 PM
New England Gamer's Avatar
New England Gamer New England Gamer is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadclown View Post
Read that again from the context of globalization and economic imperialism.

It's pretty darn funny.
Yeah now that you say it like that, you are dead on right!

Still, it does work and has its place in the Junk Jack world of survival!

Now you are going to make me feel bad!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent