★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: W.E.L.D.E.R. [Word Game]

11-07-2011, 11:55 PM
W.E.L.D.E.R. [Word Game]

Hey all
Thanks to everyone for helping to make us #1 on the US iPad Paid Apps. Honestly I really didn't think we would pass ABS and it has really just been an incredible response. Thanks for all the great reviews and support!

And thanks to Touch Arcade for your great review today, after years of reading TA that is pretty special to us.

We are working hard at improving W.E.L.D.E.R. with new content and feature suggestions, so definitely feel free to send me a private message here or post a question to us for any thoughts/comments/issues/suggestions etc that you might have.

Also we have been posed some questions about the word list... we have a description of the word list and a word list search on our site as well.

Thanks all!

Game Developer
Check out my game W.E.L.D.E.R. in the App Store.

Last edited by Britt; 11-08-2011 at 08:28 AM.
11-08-2011, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeckstrom View Post
Y'all ousted Angry Birds as the number app on the App Store?!? Congrats, that's an amazing achievement!

Any way you could share any promo codes with the Touch Arcade forum faithful so we can help you celebrate?
"Ousted" ABS as number 1 paid iPad app. (I'm sure the bird will come back strong!) The other one will be cool too but will take a few more users!

Game Developer

Last edited by Red1; 11-08-2011 at 10:56 PM.

11-08-2011, 04:06 AM
Well done guys. Truly great game. This game and War Of Words are the two best word games on the App Store IMO.

Somehow it's only at #80 on the UK App Store paid iPad game chart. Hope it shoots up a bit for you. Really deserves too.

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106

Last edited by pavarotti2007; 11-08-2011 at 04:10 AM.
11-08-2011, 11:03 AM
It deserves it - this is a great game!

Apple's Game Of The Week picks have been pretty solid recently!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
11-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Congratulations! This is great news to your users too as it makes it more likely the developers will continue to support this outstanding game.

I made it to extraction (Word Master) so I can now return to a productive life!

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
11-08-2011, 12:41 PM
The commercial for this game alone is worth buying it.
Was quite amused with the video.
Great job Devs.. Are you in the commercial as well ?
11-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Bought this yesterday after seeing the review here. When the app store first hit, I played a ton of word games, but more recently, few have held my interest at all (the lone recent exception is Quarrel, which is very different).

Welder is phenomenal. It starts off easy, but as you get into the upper levels it gets quite challenging. The amount of tension this game manages to create for turn-based game is staggering, especially early in levels, where you have so few moves to make before it is game over. Not to mention the fact that the board starts to become so crowded with pieces that can't be manipulated.

My first game is still in progress (just finished level 9) and I am really enjoying it.

Then you need to dip your fingers in some mayo and smear it all over your iDevice screen for greater REALISM!
--Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan

Last edited by Misguided; 11-08-2011 at 03:30 PM.
11-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pka4916 View Post
The commercial for this game alone is worth buying it.
Was quite amused with the video.
Great job Devs.. Are you in the commercial as well ?
Ha ha, yes. That is one of us Eli as the texter on the left.
I stayed out of the shots!

Game Developer
11-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Bought this yesterday after seeing the review here. When the app store first hit, I played a ton of word games, but more recently, few have held my interest at all (the lone recent exception is Quarrel, which is very different).

Welder is phenomenal. It starts off easy, but as you get into the upper levels it gets quite challenging. The amount of tension this game manages to create for turn-based game is staggering, especially early in levels, where you have so few moves to make before it is game over. Not to mention the fact that the board starts to become so crowded with pieces that can't be manipulated.

My first game is still in progress (just finished level 9) and I am really enjoying it.
Awesome thanks! Feel free to private message me with any thoughts/comments/suggestions/requests etc as you play it more! So glad you like our little monster.

Game Developer
11-08-2011, 11:18 PM
I thought you guys did an EXTREMELY good job on the game. It's very addicting and fun. Well worth it. Thanks for an awesome app.
Cheers