★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** HOLIDAY SALE $0.99 ***
CRAZY CASTLE PINBALL!!!

Real Pinball Simulation from Nena Innovation!

A Sequel to praised and popular Dino Madness Pinball, also available for iOS devices!

Fun, fun, fun! This is the latest installment of Nena Pinball with a physically accurate table and physical simulation, great HD graphics and sounds!

*** FEATURES ***
- Rich, exciting table with lots of strategy and different ways to score hi.
- Progress through adventures to to save the princess and activate multiball.
- Jackpots, End-of-Ball bonus, multiball action and more!
- Superior HD graphics with great lighting effects.
- Game Center enabled with hi-scores and achievements!
- In-game updates of ranking when you're close to the top!
- Physically correct simulation through the second generation I Can't Believe It's Not Reality physics engine.
- Inspiring music score and exciting sound f/x.
- Landscape and Portrait modes supported, dynamic camera with pinch gesture.
- Universal app, works on both iPhone and iPad.

*** Instructions ***
- Tap PLAY to start playing game, or any of the icons for their respective setting or information.
- Drag the plunger backwards to charge and release to let ball go.
- Tap anywhere on left side of screen for left flip and anywhere on the right side for right flip.
- Shake device carefully to perform a nudge, but not too much or you will be tilted!
- Zoom the camera by pinching with two fingers. Rotate the device to change between portrait and landscape mode. (Note that the orientation is locked while playing to protect against accidental rotation)

jeffy777's comments:
Good pinball game with RPG-based adventures. The only thing I've noticed is I have to zoom the camera out 2 notches, otherwise the framerate is a bit laggy (on my iPad 1), but it's smooth after zooming out (I'm guessing it's even smoother on 4S/iPad 2). Overall, it's fun and definitely worth $0.99....

I'm not sure how to post the game details....

It's worth checking out if you like Pinball.
11-08-2011, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777 View Post
I'm not sure how to post the game details....

http://itunes.apple.com/app/pinball-crazy-castle/id473515602?mt=8
You place [appinfo=all] around the iTunes url and close it with [/appinfo ] (no space).

Thanks for discovering this game! Sure looks interesting enough. Will purchase tomorrow.

11-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
You place [appinfo=all] around the iTunes url and close it with [/appinfo ] (no space).

Thanks for discovering this game! Sure looks interesting enough. Will purchase tomorrow.
Thanks, that did the trick.

I also found a YouTube gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnJec1BCH14

The physics are decent (though not as good as Tristan). It almost seems like the flippers could be just a bit quicker or more responsive or something...... but it is fun and I like the table layout. I hope the developer keeps improving it.

Last edited by jeffy777; 11-08-2011 at 01:21 AM.
11-08-2011, 02:34 AM

Tried it. Physics and controls are fine on iPad 2. Runs smooth with a good framerate.

There are four flippers with two more in a separate mini pinball table (top left) that I couldn't reach within the 15 min I played (didn't get to multiball as well), obvioulsy you have to accomplish some tasks before getting this.

Graphics are 1990's video pinball. A bit dark maybe (but not so dark as seen in the screenshot below) so the light effects come through with more intensity. The cheap elevator music (you can control it separately) and voice (female ghost?) are not quite my taste. Electronic effect sounds, you can hear the balls rolling.

The table design is not bad with ramps, rollovers, (not very pretty) bumpers and targets. All real, no fantasy elements. Three balls in one game. Ball saved if you lose it early. Plunger works NOT timed (but the more way you pull it the faster it launches what I prefer).

Overall game view design: You can pinch to a lot of different views (large to small) even to a fixed view. But there are huge black borders besides the table in portrait view and some parts of the table are covered with display panels. Could be better.

The balls run pretty fast and it's hard to trap (and stop) them for precise aiming. And yes: Here you can bump (and save) the balls out of the lower central out lane (keep one flipper open) with some tilt skills (not too difficult, push gently).

Since I have Game Center disabled the buttons with medals and podium are doing nothing; there is only a small list with three local highscores after the last ball.

All together: Recommended. 3.5/5. Will pick it up again for sure.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
11-08-2011, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
The balls run pretty fast and it's hard to trap (and stop) them for precise aiming. And yes: Here you can bump (and save) the balls out of the lower central out lane (keep one flipper open) with some tilt skills (not too difficult, push gently).
Buying!

Love the ball trail effects
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777 View Post
I also found a YouTube gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnJec1BCH14
Forum skillz!
Wrap [youtube] and [/youtube ] around the random numbers & letters after v= (in this case, wnJec1BCH14)
11-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Buying!

Love the ball trail effects

Forum skillz!
Wrap [youtube] and [/youtube ] around the random numbers & letters after v= (in this case, wnJec1BCH14)
Nice, thanks again

I agree that the sound needs some work too. I'm gigging the rest though. Wish I had an iPad 2 though....it is a bit choppy at times on iPad 1, but very playable once I zoom out the camera.

Last edited by jeffy777; 11-08-2011 at 01:44 PM.
11-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Last night when I played, I had the sound turned down.....yeah, the music and voices could use some work. I dig the gameplay though.
11-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks for posting about this game, I had seen it on Appshopper and wondered if it was any good...I'll be getting it this afternoon now !
11-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Hm... I'm actually liking that other table Dino Madness over this...
11-09-2011, 03:55 PM
I just tried Dino Madness. It's pretty good too.