★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Super Crossfire HD (Universal) By Chillingo ($2.99 =>99c)

11-08-2011, 12:51 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Super Crossfire HD (Universal) By Chillingo ($2.99 =>99c)

11-08-2011, 04:16 PM
I went ahead and grabbed this game. Thanks!

11-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Fantastic game. Anyone slightly interested in shmups should take a look.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
11-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Great video...gotta grab it for a buck!
11-10-2011, 10:48 AM
This game is *awesome* and totally worth a buck. Grab it now if you like 2D shooters. I love the warp mechanic and how that's used, and I love the part of the game that has you allocating points to different ship upgrades every 5 levels. That adds a layer of fun strategy.

My only real complaint is that there's no way to get to the Game Center leaderboards within the game. Instead we are stuck with Crystal in-game. It does use Game Center, you just can't access it within the game. I hope they add GC in-game in a future update. Otherwise, though, this is awesomeness.
11-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
This game is *awesome* and totally worth a buck. Grab it now if you like 2D shooters. I love the warp mechanic and how that's used, and I love the part of the game that has you allocating points to different ship upgrades every 5 levels. That adds a layer of fun strategy.

My only real complaint is that there's no way to get to the Game Center leaderboards within the game. Instead we are stuck with Crystal in-game. It does use Game Center, you just can't access it within the game. I hope they add GC in-game in a future update. Otherwise, though, this is awesomeness.
Thats with all Chillingo games. we wont be seeing gc in game.
11-10-2011, 03:53 PM
On iCade I notice that in Arcade mode it auto fires constantly which makes the game impossible later and the super weapon can't be turned off once you fire it unlike the XBLA version - are these bugs or is there a way to customise the controls ? To be honest I am slightly annoyed that once you choose Arcade you can't use the iCade to select anything on the iPad - you still have to use your finger otherwise I love it
05-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Hasn't changed yet, but this should be $.99 again sometime tonight. Also, the non-HD version will be free.

One of the few games that keeps a steady place on my device. Awesome game.
05-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Great game! One of the best games on ios.

One comment on the ipad though, I have both the sd and hd versions on my ipad. I make the sd one camera tilt off, so voila I got two different games, so I don't feel like I wasted money having bought both versions. The gameplay seems so different that it seems like two different games.

I do the same thing for silverfish sd and hd, for hd version, i play with joypad mode, with the sd I play with touch control, so again, it feels like 2 different games.

This way I don't feel bad about paying for both hd and sd versions. Actually I do that with Infinity field, on the sd version I play it with 2d.
05-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Ha... Just bought this about a week n a half ago after waiting for a sale since I got my iPad in feb.

Bought the iPod version the day it came out, and was playing in 2x mode until then...

Anywho... Don't regret it. Fantastic Galaga type arcade shooter with cool warp mechanics, and loads of perks and upgrades. Definitely worth picking up for a buck... And of course worth checking out on the iPhone for free.