★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: My Wishlist.

11-12-2008, 02:03 PM
My Wishlist.

Hi, just putting my wishlist here, so u ppl can say if the apps suck or not
(it's in euro's, because I live in Belgium)

- Asphalt 4: Elite Racing = €8
- Real Football 09 = €8
- Texas Hold Em = €4
- Bugdom 2 = €6

Maybe List:

- Enigmo = €1.60
- Super Monkey Ball = €8
- De Blob = €3
- Kroll = €4

That's it
(Looks like I won't have much left on the card... ^^)

Please come up with a 2nd Gen iPod Jailbreak!

Last edited by Oma; 11-12-2008 at 02:29 PM.
11-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Hi Oma. Looking at your list, I don't think there is one app there that we would all agree is NOT worth buying. There will always be someone who likes a game that someone else won't like. There are a few games we no doubt would all agree on not worth buying, such as any game from DS Effects, but you haven't listed any.
So I think it's safe to say, if you like the look of any of those you list you should be ok to buy it. Just check reviews of the games before buying so you are aware of any short-comings (Asphalts lack of steering sensitivity option for example).

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 11-12-2008 at 02:29 PM.

11-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Hi Oma. Looking at your list, I don't think there is one app there that we would all agree is NOT worth buying. There will always be someone who likes a game that someone else won't like. There are a few games we no doubt would all agree on not worth buying, such as any game from DS Effects, but you haven't listed any.
So I think it's safe to say, if you like the look of any of those you list you should be ok to buy it. Just check reviews of the games before buying so you are aware of any short-comings.
I think all but one or two of us would agree Kroll is not worth buying.

I personally think De Blob is one of the most ridiculous games ever made. Your run into walls. That's pretty much it.

I guess there is more to it. Once in a while you have to tap on an enemy, which instantly kills them. Then you run into more walls.

If you're thinking "it can't be that bad," go and try it. Within five minutes you be going "WTF? All I'm doing is running into walls."

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
11-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Allright.
I'm mostly looking forward to the Real Football, cuz I love Fifa games on PS2 and Xbox360

Please come up with a 2nd Gen iPod Jailbreak!
11-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
If you're thinking "it can't be that bad," go and try it. Within five minutes you be going "WTF? All I'm doing is running into walls."
Sod that- I do enough of that in real life!
11-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Enigmo is my favorite of those that I've tried
11-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATTLE BORN View Post
Enigmo is my favorite of those that I've tried
Enigmo is the only game worth buying from this list in my opinion.

Most of the games from the list seem to be real console-style games and the iPhone misses a steering cross, analog stick and buttons. A good game should have good controls, so I prefer and recommend games that are made for touch-screens. Strategy-, Board-, Card- and Puzzlegames are the real winners on the iPhone. If you want racing-, action- or sportgames do yourself a favor and buy a real gaming system like XBOX 360, PS3 or Nintendo DS, PSP.
11-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadenlos View Post
Most of the games from the list seem to be real console-style games and the iPhone misses a steering cross, analog stick and buttons. A good game should have good controls, so I prefer and recommend games that are made for touch-screens. Strategy-, Board-, Card- and Puzzlegames are the real winners on the iPhone. If you want racing-, action- or sportgames do yourself a favor and buy a real gaming system like XBOX 360, PS3 or Nintendo DS, PSP.
You see, this is EXACTLY the point I was making earlier. I personally think the accelerometer control is PERFECT for racing games, so long as it's done right. The problem is, so far, it hasn't 100% been done right. Hopefully, Fastlane Street Racing and NFS will change that.
But like I was saying before, some people aren't going to like games that others will. Just because you don't like accelerometer controlled racers, doesn't mean you should tell everyone else not to bother.
11-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oma View Post
Hi, just putting my wishlist here, so u ppl can say if the apps suck or not
(it's in euro's, because I live in Belgium)

- Asphalt 4: Elite Racing = 8 [haven't played]
- Real Football 09 = 8 ..if you like Football {soccer}, than this is a pretty polished and fun game
- Texas Hold Em = 4 [made by apple, i do like the 5th gen version better, but its fun if you like Texas Hold Em]
- Bugdom 2 = 6 [haven't played, the savepoints are few and far between]

Maybe List:

- Enigmo = 1.60 its a fun logic puzzle,
- Super Monkey Ball = 8 [haven't played but some people love it, some hate it]
- De Blob = 3 [haven't played but heard its a lot of wall smashingness...so a hate or love]
- Kroll = 4 [haven't played but heard it was terrible]

That's it
(Looks like I won't have much left on the card... ^^)
my suggestions are in bold
11-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
my suggestions are in bold
They fixed the save system in Bugdom. It's a actually a good game now.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0