★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

01-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenkunta11 View Post
Tip:

Don't fight giants
It's called take a dagger and sneak-stab him in the knee... twice. Then you have 1 dead giant and none of the others have even spotted you yet, and they aren't aggressive either. Enjoy.

I'm what you could call a "casual" mobile gamer.
01-02-2012, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Tip:

Don't fight giants
They're pretty easy later on but they owned me so many times even when I was in my beast form. People kept telling me they got way easier with beast form but they took me out in three hits.

Now though at level 45, I can easily beat them with my super enchanted bow alone.

Gamecenter: Rorschach90

01-02-2012, 02:09 PM
I just plugged in 30 hours this extended weekend into Skyrim. Still living by the "don't fight giants" rule :P

For whatever reason, Oblivion didn't connect with me, but Skyrim...

Skyrim is something I need, like eating.

Toy Soldier Community Manager for Toy Studio Games
01-02-2012, 10:20 PM
I officially clocked in 104 hours into Skyrim before I ended up "beating" the game. Around the 95 hour mark I decided that I needed to stop playing all the side quests and just take care of the storyline.

I liked Oblivion, but there was something really enticing about Skyrim that just made me want to keep playing.
01-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Ok I killed a giant I spammed home with a bow from far away! Yes! Terrible drop though...

I was pretty freaked out by the quest

House Of horrors

I haven't finished the whole thing yet but the first part is too creepy. Especially when your the only one awake in your house.
01-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Am I the only one who loves to put buckets on guards' heads? And press "grab" on a random sword in a store and knock food off the table? haha

Game Center: Coburn7X
Openfeint: Sophia7X
Gameloft Live: Coburn
01-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coburn View Post
Am I the only one who loves to put buckets on guards' heads? And press "grab" on a random sword in a store and knock food off the table? haha
I use to do that a lot too it is fun and giants are a do avoid unless you can strategically take them out if your low level.
Besides that, once you become a higher level they are easier than most things you would commonly fight.
01-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
I'm just going to get shadowmere and blast him with destruction until I am level 100

Also I was thinking a dark elf was better also, it is sooo ugly though
Shadowmere doesn't revive once he dies like in Oblivion. I think people said it revives in 15 ingame days in Skyrim though but I don't know if this is true or not.

Gamecenter: Rorschach90
01-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan1209 View Post
It's called take an arrow and stab him in the knee... twice. Then you have 1 dead giant and none of the others have even spotted you yet, and they aren't aggressive either. Enjoy.
Fixed haha

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926
01-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird2002 View Post
I use to do that a lot too it is fun and giants are a do avoid unless you can strategically take them out if your low level.
Besides that, once you become a higher level they are easier than most things you would commonly fight.
I managed to kill a giant with a lvl 5 archer. Just kept shooting at them and running. It took a while, but I won.