The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

02-05-2012, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenXXDeadly View Post
There's 60 words of power and 20 shouts... Is there a chance you have 15 words of power?
Yeah, I've unlocked 15 of them I meant. Most of them are still level one, but I have a few that have more. I'd say I have about 30 words so for since quite a few of the ones you get during the campaign are maxed out.

Twitter: @back2this
02-05-2012, 05:45 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: +50° 48' 49.35", -2° 28' 28.71"
Posts: 7,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenXXDeadly View Post
You must have pretty bad weapons. Ive got weapons that do 90+20 fire damage, and I kill everything in my way with one or two hits. As I said, completed every guild and over 150 dungeons cleared. I completed the main story line in a couple of hours. Got every single shout, completed 60 misc quests, 12 side quests and all daedric quests and so on.
The thing is, all the fantasy stuff like dragons, magic, magical weapons, daedric, elven, orcish stuff ect really doesn't appeal to me, in fact I wish they'd left all that crap out of the game!

My Nord character only uses his trusty steel war axe and a hunting bow and he is usually dressed in either fur armour or stormcloak armour. I have much better weapons/armour but I choose not to use them so I either sell them or stash them in my houses. I don't use magic either.

I like to play the game slowly and take my time so I can appreciate the beautiful land of Skyrim. I don't fast travel, so travelling accounts for a large percentage of my play time.

I guess it's unusual for myself as someone who hates fantasy games, to be really enjoying the game. But I see skyrim as a bit different from every other fantasy RPG. It gives you more of an option to play how you want and there's still a lot of real-world stuff in the game.

Hakuna Matata

02-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
The thing is, all the fantasy stuff like dragons, magic, magical weapons, daedric, elven, orcish stuff ect really doesn't appeal to me, in fact I wish they'd left all that crap out of the game!

My Nord character only uses his trusty steel war axe and a hunting bow and he is usually dressed in either fur armour or stormcloak armour. I have much better weapons/armour but I choose not to use them so I either sell them or stash them in my houses. I don't use magic either.

I like to play the game slowly and take my time so I can appreciate the beautiful land of Skyrim. I don't fast travel, so travelling accounts for a large percentage of my play time.

I guess it's unusual for myself as someone who hates fantasy games, to be really enjoying the game. But I see skyrim as a bit different from every other fantasy RPG. It gives you more of an option to play how you want and there's still a lot of real-world stuff in the game.
I plan playing without using fast travel (other than by carriage) when I start my second character. Going to try and play without using quest markers too. Just like Morrowind.

Check out my band HEAVY JACK - SOME FREE MUSIC FOR DOWNLOAD

How can you live on the banks of a river when the floodwater pours from the mouth?
- Paul Simon
02-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Floss View Post
I plan playing without using fast travel (other than by carriage) when I start my second character. Going to try and play without using quest markers too. Just like Morrowind.
... Have fun.

iPad 3 iOS 6.1 32GB
iPod 5 iOS 6.1 32GB
02-07-2012, 08:46 PM
It's funny when you use "Fireball" or any other high impact spells on a dead enemy. Even if it's a dragon, the corpse goes flying into the air and lands somewhere extremely far away.

Edit: Just hit level 80 destruction. Level 20 overall. Got my expert-level spells, sweet.

Wow, that was freaky as hell. I was in the coffin spying on the jester guy for one of the DB quests, and the Night Mother (old wrinkly dead corpse) started talking to me while I was on top of it.

Twitter: @back2this

Last edited by backtothis; 02-07-2012 at 11:11 PM.
02-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Floss View Post
I plan playing without using fast travel (other than by carriage) when I start my second character. Going to try and play without using quest markers too. Just like Morrowind.
Amen to this. On my first playthrough I didn't know there were carriages that could instantly take you to all the other major towns and thought that you had to manually discover them yourself. That way, the game felt so much more epic and immersive, I remember taking an epic trek from Whiterun to Markarth at level 4 which took around five real life hours. The feeling of showing up at the gates of Markarth, after being lost in the wild for so long that I had almost given up on ever reaching Markarth, and then selling all of my loot and sleeping at an inn was one of the best gaming moments I've ever had in my life.
02-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicebox_R View Post
Amen to this. On my first playthrough I didn't know there were carriages that could instantly take you to all the other major towns and thought that you had to manually discover them yourself. That way, the game felt so much more epic and immersive, I remember taking an epic trek from Whiterun to Markarth at level 4 which took around five real life hours. The feeling of showing up at the gates of Markarth, after being lost in the wild for so long that I had almost given up on ever reaching Markarth, and then selling all of my loot and sleeping at an inn was one of the best gaming moments I've ever had in my life.
5 real hours?! It takes me like 10 mins, not even joking.

iPad 3 iOS 6.1 32GB
iPod 5 iOS 6.1 32GB
02-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: +50° 48' 49.35", -2° 28' 28.71"
Posts: 7,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicebox_R View Post
I remember taking an epic trek from Whiterun to Markarth at level 4 which took around five real life hours.
You must have been over encumbered?

Either that or you are really bad at navigating :P

Hakuna Matata
02-10-2012, 03:59 AM
Hit 40 hours today. Sadly, so did my roommate after owning the game for just two weeks. Level 21 now with 85 destruction. Tried storm call for the first time with 10 guards chasing me. Was pretty cool seeing lightning strike all of them down slowly. Three missions left in DB to do. They're going by really fast since all you do in each of them is kill someone. No dungeons to explore or anything. Got Shadowmere (horse) from one of the missions. Apparently, it doesn't die since it regenerates hp at an insane rate. Easily exploitable for leveling up combat skills. Has anyone noticed that you can always climb the mountains in just about any Western RPG even if it's like a mile high and almost completely vertical? I always go through the mountains by force climbing them (jump + look up + move forward constantly) instead of keeping to the trails whenever I'm actually required to travel by foot.

Twitter: @back2this
02-15-2012, 02:08 AM
Finished up DB today. Astrid's burnt body was even nastier than looking at the Night Mother, goodness. What a reward though..20,000 gold for completing the final part of the quest. At 35,000 gold now, and that's after owning every single spell the mages (CoW + Jarl Castles) around Skyrim sell. 41 hours in, level 22 overall, 87 destruction. I'm just going to say it again though..the game is insanely easy. I'm playing on "expert" mode too apparently. It's way too easy to become incredibly overpowered..that's probably the game's biggest downfall. Otherwise, the combat is less than spectacular. It's the vast world and endless quests that make the game fun. First game I've played where it actually feels like I'm in a 'real' world.

Twitter: @back2this

Last edited by backtothis; 02-15-2012 at 04:56 AM.