Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 11-09-2011, 06:03 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I've heard very good things about it, but I can't push myself to buy it. It looks absolutely awesome, maybe if it goes down a bit in price because ive gotten heaps of games this month (MW3, Forza 4, Rage, Fifa 12, soon-to-be Halo CE remake and when the price of batman goes down, that).
Old 11-09-2011, 06:10 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I'm mainly interested in playing Skyrim as it will likely foretell the direction that Bethesda's other open-world RPG franchise - Fallout - will head. High fantasy just isn't my favourite thing.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:01 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

It does look amazing I'm kind of afraid to buy a copy of it though as I put way too much time into morrowind and I just don't have that kind of free time anymore.

I've a feeling if I buy this I probably won't be playing any other game for around a year or more.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:34 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystikSun View Post
YouTube: video
hahaahahaha dude that was f*cking beast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoet View Post
I'm mainly interested in playing Skyrim as it will likely foretell the direction that Bethesda's other open-world RPG franchise - Fallout - will head. High fantasy just isn't my favourite thing.
Agreed. I'm excited for Skyrim don't get me wrong, but it'll be interesting to see how thing mesh up in the direction they will take the Fallout series in terms of development style and all that noise..
Old 11-09-2011, 09:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I'll be playing it tomorrow morning so I'll make sure to drop by and rub it in for everyone waiting for Friday

Have you guys seen the size of the freakin' strategy guide? Check this baby out:

http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/bethbl...o-764x1024.jpg

And some stats from Bethesda themselves:

656 pages. Around 550,000 words. Over 150 maps and well over 1,000 screenshots.

Skyrim features 240+ perks over 18 skills.

"A great swathe of this guide (just under 300 pages) is dedicated to helping you through every single quest that’s available. Due to the radiant quest structure and general derangement of the game’s developers, this numbers into the hundreds (there’s at least 500 variations of quest to try, and around seven times the number of quest-based activities compared to Fallout 3). Keeping track of these, finding them all, taking screenshots, adding little spoiler flags to quests with particularly spectacular revelations… well, this took around three and a half months alone."

"The guide continues with more than 200 pages dedicated to every single location of important in the province; the Atlas. Adapting the Fallout formula, my co-author spent four months wandering through every one of the 350+ primary locations, and sourcing every collectible, trader, unique weapon, and area of interest. To put the sheer size of Skyrim into perspective; Fallout 3 had 115 Primary Locations. Plus, this guide has 200+ Secondary Locations, not shown on any in-game map, for you to stumble across (or head straight towards, if you’re following our precise guide maps and location entries).

In order to get this Atlas right, we pieced together every single part of the overworld from around 20 feet in height, and our map makers spent four entire months building a world map so truly mind-boggling, it may snap the minds of some viewers."
Old 11-09-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I'll be playing it tomorrow morning so I'll make sure to drop by and rub it in for everyone waiting for Friday

Have you guys seen the size of the freakin' strategy guide? Check this baby out:

http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/bethbl...o-764x1024.jpg

And some stats from Bethesda themselves:

656 pages. Around 550,000 words. Over 150 maps and well over 1,000 screenshots.

Skyrim features 240+ perks over 18 skills.

"A great swathe of this guide (just under 300 pages) is dedicated to helping you through every single quest that’s available. Due to the radiant quest structure and general derangement of the game’s developers, this numbers into the hundreds (there’s at least 500 variations of quest to try, and around seven times the number of quest-based activities compared to Fallout 3). Keeping track of these, finding them all, taking screenshots, adding little spoiler flags to quests with particularly spectacular revelations… well, this took around three and a half months alone."

"The guide continues with more than 200 pages dedicated to every single location of important in the province; the Atlas. Adapting the Fallout formula, my co-author spent four months wandering through every one of the 350+ primary locations, and sourcing every collectible, trader, unique weapon, and area of interest. To put the sheer size of Skyrim into perspective; Fallout 3 had 115 Primary Locations. Plus, this guide has 200+ Secondary Locations, not shown on any in-game map, for you to stumble across (or head straight towards, if you’re following our precise guide maps and location entries).

In order to get this Atlas right, we pieced together every single part of the overworld from around 20 feet in height, and our map makers spent four entire months building a world map so truly mind-boggling, it may snap the minds of some viewers."
Old 11-10-2011, 02:14 AM

I am holding in my hands, the greatest game to ever be developed. Skyrim, you are mine.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:33 AM

Great reviews as expected: metacritic
Old 11-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Hey Midian, did you receive your copy of the game today? Mine was dispatched yesterday morning from shopto but didn't come today like I expected. It had better come tomorrow or I might go insane.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:43 AM

I cant wait. Just another few hours and me and my friends are going to go buy it at the midnight release. Well probably play well into tomorrow. Hopefully Ill make it into college.