• Publisher: Atari
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 73.5 MB
  • Version: 1.4.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3 (2)
App description: Asteroids Gunner is the most entertaining and addictive version of one of the greatest arcade games of all time. AOL Games

Experience the next evolution in Ataris legendary Asteroids franchise!

Blast your way through deadly asteroids fields and alien war ships to become the most wealthy and powerfulAsteroids Gunner is the most entertaining and addictive version of one of the greatest arcade Gunner in space history! Work your way to the top of the gritty crystal mining business by traversing through the galaxy and collecting the treasures of the cosmos. Upgrade your ship as you climb up the intergalactic ranks and become a force to be reckoned with!

FEATURES:

4 galaxies and 200 non-stop waves to test your rock-obliterating skills
One unique ship to pilot with seven additional ships unlockable
Tons of power-ups and skill upgrades
Play against your friends in the turn-based Challenge Mode for bragging rights
Unlock over 200 achievements to earn rank promotions and gain more upgrades
OpenFeint and Game Center integration

Atari managed to take Asteroids retro DNA and make it shine on the small screen with Asteroids Gunner. TechCrunch

It's everything arcade players loved about the classic Atari title Asteroids, only with a whole new look. USA Today

Asteroids: Gunner feel[s] like it belongs in this new era Slide to Play

Come check out the latest updates, or talk to us directly!
Like us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/AsteroidsGunner

*** CHECK OUT OUR OTHER EXCITING GAMES! ***
Ataris Greatest Hits, Circus Atari, Centipede®: Origins, Breakout®: Boost+, and watch for our future apps at facebook.com/Atari

GIFT TO A FRIEND: Click the Buy App arrow on the App Store

If you are experiencing any problems with Asteroids: Gunner, please email CustomerSupport@atari.com so we can assist you.
11-09-2011, 05:16 AM
Reminds me of Space Miner Blast. Should be pretty cool. Will be checking it out tonight.

Twitter: @back2this

11-09-2011, 06:24 AM
Looks good. Is there IAP?

Game Centre, Openfeint, Crystal, Gameloft Live and PSN ID: Smallville2106
11-09-2011, 06:25 AM
Slide to Play's Preview

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
11-09-2011, 06:35 AM
So is this why Atari has been going around with all their asteroid lawsuit crap?

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
.Decluster, Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Incoboto, Imps In Tokyo, Auro
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: cEvin Key - Music For Cats & Download - Furnace+III
11-09-2011, 06:45 AM
Oooh a free atari game!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
11-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Looks pretty good, hopefully it isn't marred by IAP.
11-09-2011, 07:06 AM
After reading the preview theres a fair few IAP's you can get but I'm not complaining. Glad theres a new Atari game, hope it plays well. I thought it was odd it was 'free' but hopefully wont be too expensive to 'unlock' it

Roll on 12am
11-09-2011, 07:18 AM
I know it's going yo be a Freemium title, so a free game but geared to have you purchasing its many IAPs for EVEN MORE FUN, but here is my concern I'd love any early adopters to reveal to me:

-Are there any PERMANENT IAPs? As a guy playing on two devices I hate when the IAPs are only a form of currency that not only can't be transfered to another device but all of your purchases are lost if you need to reinstall the game even on the initial device.

-Can credits be earned in-game at a reasonable rate? If it is going to require 10 games just to buy a single use power-up, forget about it.

-How many of these upgrades are IAP only and therefore not even an option to buy with the game's currency even if you did save up for years?

Thanks in advance to anybody who can shed light on these items.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-09-2011, 07:28 AM
I just want to know how much it costs to unlock all the levels (beyond the original 50).

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.