★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Battleloot Adventure by Digital Tales

11-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Battleloot Adventure by Digital Tales

Digital Tales announces the upcoming release of "Battleloot Adventure", for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad (HD ver.) on February 2012.

Follow us on FB Battleloot Adventure page

In Battleloot Adventure, players lead a mercenary crew, came to the Kameloot shire looking for wealth, fame and more wealth!

The Kingdom Sovereign declared new and exaggerated taxes. And that whoever will fetch one "Grand Gossip Notoriety Prize" will benefit from taxes relief and be spared a few withdrawals from the Royal collectors . Since then, rivalry between the four Kameloot cities has heigh...ten dramatically.

This waging competition has gathered plenty of mercenaries and ugly mugs, all looking for a well remunerated job. Moreover, weird incidents happening throughout the region are putting all cities credibility at a test. In fact, Guilds look pretty busy trying to collect gold in the most different and... unorthodox ways.
Soldiers, alchemists, witches and assassins... All ready to cheat on their partners for just a fistful of gold. Which side will you be?

Gather your crew recruiting the strangest of talents, and swear allegiance to the city banner that represents you the most… As long as you can make something out of it!
Solve all the troubles caused by the four Guilds, and face rival mercenary gangs looking for the same gold and fame as you. Fight against magic beings, brigands and some very quarrelsome sheep as you journey through Kameloot different areas, each with different quests to undertake.
  • Lead up to three mercenaries at the same time with intuitive and fast-paced touch controls.
  • Perform some amusing special attacks and work your best strategies to overcome all feats you will be facing.
  • Strengthen your crew members with new equipments and special items, unlock new characters and have fun exploring all different combinations of their skills and magic.
  • Unlock achievements thanks to Game Center support, and climb on-line rankings to become the richest and most famous Kameloot mercenary, adding to your city fame.

Battleloot Adventure is an original cartoon inspired mix between RPG and Strategy, with such easy to learn mechanics it's fun and accessible even for an Hairy Mountain Troll (creature not included).

Helm on and roll out... Your tale is about to begin.

Last edited by DTales; 11-09-2011 at 08:40 AM.
11-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Looks bloody excellent, chap. Can't wait for a trailer of some sort. Actually, I can. I mean, I'll have to. Anyhow, releasing this somewhere or near the 19th of February would be a fantastic birthday gift, don'tcha think?

11-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Here's hoping that estimate is accurate! Screen shots look great. Remind me of Battleheart in a way. One of my favorites. So for sure keeping an eye on this one!
11-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Yeah looks kind of like Battleheart which is good

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
11-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Well screens looks awesome looking forward for a gameplay video!!!!!!!

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan
11-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Reminds me of Battleheart.

Looks epic ;x.
11-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Looks great there gonna be a beta?
11-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Looks awesome! Is...is that a corrupted pickle and a corrupted...SHEEP?

Follow me on Twitter: @jumpman475
Need a Writer? I'm your man. Send me a PM.
11-10-2011, 01:16 AM
art = awesome

it does seem to be a spin off of battlehearts which i don't mind since that's a working formula
11-15-2011, 04:08 AM
First of all, we'd like to thank you for your support! We're glad that our first screenshots were so warmly received.
As some pointed out, there may be visual similarities between our title and Battleheart. Truth is, we really appreciate Mika Mobile's title as much as all those classic RPG titles from old console days that inspired us.

This said, we wanted Battleloot Adventure to play differently, with a unique mixing a turn-based system and reactive, fast-paced mechanics.
In time, we will release different "How to" entries, both here and on our Facebook page, detailing the game different features from basic attacks to special skills. We see this as a great chance to collect feedbacks, and make it the best for our title.

We hope you'll keep following us, sharing opinions and suggestions until the day we'll start Beta phase!

While designing Battleloot Adventure, we wanted players to make strategic choices and always achieve what they had in mind. We believe the goal is to battle against monsters, not touch controls themselves.
This means you wont find yourself furiously tapping everywhere on-screen, and your fingers won't risk to slide a little further or pick the wrong target during one messy brawl.

The game uses a turn-based system, so players have all the time they need to plan their attack and manage their resources.
Each turn, they will be asked to choose a character to use or attack with, carefully picking targets to exploit enemies' weaknesses as well. That's because monsters aren't all the same, and may prove tougher or weaker depending on what weapons are used against them.

Players will soon learn about different types and how to make the most out of each attack. Or if they just rush forward randomly tapping on sheep and orcs alike, they will soon find themselves eating dust.

Last edited by DTales; 11-15-2011 at 04:26 AM.