Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-09-2011, 11:15 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Bit surprised by the file size of 322mb for 15 missions. That's bigger than Wesnoth
Old 11-09-2011, 11:18 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Damn, I want to play it now. Oh well, hopefully the update is pushed out quickly. Ask Apple to expedite it, devs? Wondering if I should just buy it now since it's on intro sale.

Anyway, this looks really excellent, I only wish terrain had some tactical effects on gameplay.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:28 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

From description
Quote:
Also, a free universal update will be released by Christmas so you can enjoy this epic blend of turn-based action across ALL your iOS devices, including the iPad!
Old 11-10-2011, 12:21 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Heya guys, Ian here. I can confirm that it's gonna be a universal app hopefully out before Christmas. =)

Fingers crossed!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:18 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

This looks...oh, I don't know...freakin' amazing!

/bought

Last edited by djflippy; 11-10-2011 at 04:04 PM..
Old 11-10-2011, 01:34 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
A VAST LORE TO EXPLORE
Venture into the Codex, an in-game encyclopedia which actively documents the richly storied history and cultures of Eclisse. Unlock new entries as you progress through the campaigns and encounter new nations, characters, locales and more!
This has me sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebius View Post
Heya guys, Ian here. I can confirm that it's gonna be a universal app hopefully out before Christmas. =)

Fingers crossed!
...Unfortunately, I only game on my iPad 2 nowadays, so I am wondering if the very affordable 2.99 USD price tag for RavenMark is a limited time launch price? If it is, I might just grab it now and wait till Christmas to play it.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:07 AM
iPhone 4

The combat system had me. I always looked forward to a game where both sides' actions were played out in the same time.

EDIT: I request, an OST! (original soundtrack).

Last edited by gunxsword; 11-10-2011 at 02:12 AM..
Old 11-10-2011, 02:49 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
The combat system had me. I always looked forward to a game where both sides' actions were played out in the same time.

EDIT: I request, an OST! (original soundtrack).
Here is the link to buy OST of Ravenmark! http://www.jwmusic.org/blog/ravenmar...pre-order-now/
Old 11-10-2011, 03:29 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsyee View Post
Here is the link to buy OST of Ravenmark! http://www.jwmusic.org/blog/ravenmar...pre-order-now/
Uh hey what? $3.99 for 70 minutes of epic orchestral grandiose? NO ^#$!&%* way!!!

Hey wait, can't buy it... no credit card (yet) *sobs*

Any plans for a iTune release?
Old 11-10-2011, 03:56 AM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Holy hell.

I'm not going to lie, I was actually going to wait until tomorrow before buying this game even before reading about the crashing issues. However, when I showed the iTunes page to my girlfriend, she thought I was telling her to get it, so she downloaded the game! Of course, I had to play it then xP.

It crashed three times while loading up the first level, but then I restarted my iPod, and it worked just fine. However, upon completing level one, it crashed. When I started the game up again, I was able to get through level 2, which was lengthy, just fine!

First off, you get an incredibly helpful tutorial to start you off. You play the game as you'd expect from any TBS. There's a counter triangle (square in this case), perks for certain units, and all of that. The graphics are extremely attractive. The controls are perfect. So far, the storyline/writing has been wonderful. But really, it's something you'd be able to get into even if you have never played a TBS in your life, unlike Wesnoth or FFT, which are completely overwhelming for beginners. There's intuitive mechanics like being able to see the order that units will take action after you've planned your moves, you can read up lore/special effects/etc while in game, you can combine regiments, etc.

Beyond that, there's more content coming in the near future. Right now there's 15 levels, and from the two levels I've played so far, I can say that's going to be sufficient for the time being.

The best TBS Bar none on the iOS? I'd agree with that. It's more of a SRPG. War of Eusrath and FFT are some close competitors for the best SRPG on the AppStore.

For $2.99, you're getting an amazing strategy game with an above par storyline. Highly recommended.

Oh, the in-game soundtrack? Holy f**king shit.