F**king shit.
See what I did there?
Old 11-10-2011, 04:06 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
From description

Quote:
Also, a free universal update will be released by Christmas so you can enjoy this epic blend of turn-based action across ALL your iOS devices, including the iPad!
Can't love the dev enough. Buying this awesome looking game now.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:18 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Hey guys, well I just played a few missions of this game. I have to say I'm absolutely blown away by this! From the creativity of the design to the quality of the art and soundtrack, this is an incredible product. All the best for your future work!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:19 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Holy hell.

I'm not going to lie, I was actually going to wait until tomorrow before buying this game even before reading about the crashing issues. However, when I showed the iTunes page to my girlfriend, she thought I was telling her to get it, so she downloaded the game! Of course, I had to play it then xP.

It crashed three times while loading up the first level, but then I restarted my iPod, and it worked just fine. However, upon completing level one, it crashed. When I started the game up again, I was able to get through level 2, which was lengthy, just fine!

First off, you get an incredibly helpful tutorial to start you off. You play the game as you'd expect from any TBS. There's a counter triangle (square in this case), perks for certain units, and all of that. The graphics are extremely attractive. The controls are perfect. So far, the storyline/writing has been wonderful. But really, it's something you'd be able to get into even if you have never played a TBS in your life, unlike Wesnoth or FFT, which are completely overwhelming for beginners. There's intuitive mechanics like being able to see the order that units will take action after you've planned your moves, you can read up lore/special effects/etc while in game, you can combine regiments, etc.

Beyond that, there's more content coming in the near future. Right now there's 15 levels, and from the two levels I've played so far, I can say that's going to be sufficient for the time being.

The best TBS Bar none on the iOS? I'd agree with that. It's more of a SRPG. War of Eusrath and FFT are some close competitors for the best SRPG on the AppStore.

For $2.99, you're getting an amazing strategy game with an above par storyline. Highly recommended.

Oh, the in-game soundtrack? Holy f**king shit.
You sold me, especially the story part (I consider FFT maybe the best game I played in years).
Donwloading.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:27 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Uh hey what? $3.99 for 70 minutes of epic orchestral grandiose? NO ^#$!&%* way!!!

Hey wait, can't buy it... no credit card (yet) *sobs*

Any plans for a iTune release?
I already email Josh several days ago, got no reply from him yet. So not sure whether the OST will available in iTunes music or not. I don't have credit card too
Old 11-10-2011, 06:38 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

I was going to wait for the universal update, but what the hell, just take my money
Old 11-10-2011, 08:59 AM

This is a beautiful, polished, deep, complex-yet-accessible game. From what i can tell so far, it plays like Fire Emblem combined with Advance Wars. I've only just scratched the surface, but I already know I'll be sinking a ton of hours into it.

My only complaint is that it seems to save only between missions. It does support app switching (so you won't lose progress if you get a phone call) but if you restart after a bit it puts you at the beginning of the mission. I see no reason why a turn based game wouldn't save at the end of every turn (like FFT or War of Eustrath). Hopefully the dev can add that ability in an update...
Old 11-10-2011, 09:23 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
This is a beautiful, polished, deep, complex-yet-accessible game. From what i can tell so far, it plays like Fire Emblem combined with Advance Wars. I've only just scratched the surface, but I already know I'll be sinking a ton of hours into it.

My only complaint is that it seems to save only between missions. It does support app switching (so you won't lose progress if you get a phone call) but if you restart after a bit it puts you at the beginning of the mission. I see no reason why a turn based game wouldn't save at the end of every turn (like FFT or War of Eustrath). Hopefully the dev can add that ability in an update...
Thank you for the kind words! It means a lot to the whole team. =)

And yeah, we're sorry there's no decent save system in place.. we had to decide between an Universal version, a new campaign or a save system. So considering we've only two programmers we had to hold off on the save system which would have taken another month or two to implement.

We will try to fit it in as soon as possible!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:27 AM

Only thing I'm waiting for is the ipod touch update...game looks very impressive!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebius View Post
Thank you for the kind words! It means a lot to the whole team. =)

And yeah, we're sorry there's no decent save system in place.. we had to decide between an Universal version, a new campaign or a save system. So considering we've only two programmers we had to hold off on the save system which would have taken another month or two to implement.

We will try to fit it in as soon as possible!
No worries. You guys should be proud of your accomplishments. The save system is mostly a convenience issue, and it won't ruin my enjoyment. It just means that I will have to set aside a block of time to play.

If it's easier, you could do a manual quit/save, like Final Fantasy 3.