Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-10-2012, 12:51 AM

What a stupid move. Why the hell did the devs suddenly drop support for older devices in this update?
Lol prepare to choke out some cash in refunds for people still on 2G devices who bought it before the update. 99% of the people have moved onto 4/4S now, but that 1% is still probably thousands of dollars. =P

Last edited by November's Chopin; 11-10-2012 at 12:53 AM..
Old 11-10-2012, 01:46 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

(Out at the moment, so I can't say too much. I'll answer some of the other questions when I'm at a proper computer.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLank View Post
Make that TWO people now
Congrats! Well done! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by November's Chopin View Post
What a stupid move. Why the hell did the devs suddenly drop support for older devices in this update?
Lol prepare to choke out some cash in refunds for people still on 2G devices who bought it before the update. 99% of the people have moved onto 4/4S now, but that 1% is still probably thousands of dollars. =P
Sorry dude, it wasn't our choice. Apple doesn't allow us to build for anything ealier than OS4.3 any more.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:14 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebius View Post
Sorry dude, it wasn't our choice. Apple doesn't allow us to build for anything ealier than OS4.3 any more.
Putting on my marketing&communications hat...
You should add that statement prominently to the game description on the Appstore; so if people wonder about it, you can sit back and say "I communicated it".
Also, a (longer) explanation on your homepage (which you could link to in the Appstore description), say, in the form of a blogpost might be a good idea. And while I do not use those platforms at all, I see the value of posting something on Facebook and Twitter, if you think your follower base there is large enough to justify the effort.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:31 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Raven's Dusk first impressions

So I started the Raven's Dusk campaign.
First 4 scenarios were very nice, and a welcome change from the "kill them all" of the previous campaigns' later scenarios.
5th one is already less so, turning from fun into "how the heck am I supposed to beat this?" .

Notes:
I really miss being able to save during a mission, so I can go back a few turns instead of replaying the whole thing. Even one saveslot would be good, more would be great.

And this Felidae Belial guy screams plothole, and louder everytime I see him.
That Calius does nothing about him I can accept, he is insecure and quite the soft pastry
But that others - say, Livia - do not have him executed outright, for insubordination, endangering morale or whatever: sorry, I really cannot buy that; it is too unbelievable and out of character.

Last edited by Sheinfell; 11-11-2012 at 02:03 PM..
Old 11-11-2012, 01:39 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Is an android version in the works yet?
Old 11-12-2012, 02:10 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLank View Post
Make that TWO people now

I really like the sound of the brigade system that allows for players to have forces that have their own unique feels. I am doubly excited at the prospect of having access to whole unique Deepwood Dragoons cadre! I thought we were just getting access to a single unit nobody else could use.

To Uberskooper-- Social Work, University of Michigan. You?

I agree that Ravenmark is about battlefield strategy and shouldn't be some kind of Final Fantasy Tactics knock off. I just had a moment of excitement in that one campaign when I thought I might have the chance to crack some skulls as a certain blunt instrument wielding general.
Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Wright State University.

The bit you're talking about was cool, but the scale difference was weird. One guy takes up as much space as several dozen men. This has always been an issue in tabletop wargames, where everything is an abstraction.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:44 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberskooper View Post
I like the idea of a new set of campaigns after this current story arc is over. I think the background behind the Ard-ru is very cool and I would like to see it explored more deeply. Multiplayer should defiantly come first though.
I actually plan to feature Ard-ru in Multiplayer as a major content update. It's a very fleshed out nation with lots of potential since it's run by such Machiavellian characters. Would also allow me to introduce flying Elements!

Quote:
I'm really excited to see how the brigade system will work. It sounds a bit like the teams in Hero Academy, another turn-based game. Can you give us any hints about what the different brigades will be?
Think of the Brigade as a "card" with a formation of Elements and you can arrange them into Divisions ("deck" of four Brigades) that you take into battle.

The first Brigade marches onto the battlefield, while a second is picked based on the situation from the remaining three. This should make battles different every match.

Oh, oh.. each Brigade other then the default ones have a Commander each that could turn the tide of battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devensega View Post
So I got my new iPad today and sure enough my progress is there as if I never turned traitor and left apple. Good work chaps.
Sweet! I'd love some feedback if you've played Raven's Dusk, here or on Pocket Tactics. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheinfell View Post
So I started the Raven's Dusk campaign.
First 4 scenarios were very nice, and a welcome change from the "kill them all" of the previous campaigns' later scenarios.
5th one is already less so, turning from fun into "how the heck am I supposed to beat this?" .

Notes:
I really miss being able to save during a mission, so I can go back a few turns instead of replaying the whole thing. Even one saveslot would be good, more would be great.

And this Felidae Belial guy screams plothole, and louder everytime I see him.
That Calius does nothing about him I can accept, he is insecure and quite the soft pastry
But that others - say, Livia - do not have him executed outright, for insubordination, endangering morale or whatever: sorry, I really cannot buy that; it is too unbelievable and out of character.
1) Mission 5? Where are you having the issue? Don't you get.. "help" a few rounds in?

2) Spoke to my guys about this, I'll keep you posted if we come up with an elegant solution.

3) There's actually a reason for that.. we've been meaning to do a webcomic about why Felidae is the way he is. Basically.. he's actually VERY good at his job, but somehow someone else always gets the glory and promotion.

Imagine a young, bright-eyed Felidae who just started as an Earthbound, working hard to prove himself.. only to find that he's looked over every time. Making him this sour, unhappy soul. By the point in the story that we meet him, it's his bitterness that keeps him from moving up. The others know his ability and need it during the invasion, so they kinda bear with his nonsense.

I really wish we had the time to do the webcomic where some of the minor characters are fleshed out more. =\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantus View Post
Is an android version in the works yet?
Ask me in about two weeks. =)

Quote:
The bit you're talking about was cool, but the scale difference was weird. One guy takes up as much space as several dozen men. This has always been an issue in tabletop wargames, where everything is an abstraction.
Yep.. even in De Bellis Antiquitatis, which Ravenmark takes a few pointers from, each figure represents 250 men, I believe.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:08 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
I actually plan to feature Ard-ru in Multiplayer as a major content update. It's a very fleshed out nation with lots of potential since it's run by such Machiavellian characters. Would also allow me to introduce flying Elements!

Think of the Brigade as a "card" with a formation of Elements and you can arrange them into Divisions ("deck" of four Brigades) that you take into battle.

The first Brigade marches onto the battlefield, while a second is picked based on the situation from the remaining three. This should make battles different every match.

Oh, oh.. each Brigade other then the default ones have a Commander each that could turn the tide of battle.
That's very interesting. I'm glad to hear that the Ard-ru will be getting a brigade. They are the ultimate haves-have nots faction. I imagine hordes of crappy peasants with a few haughty sky-city folks.

Will there be any faction enmity? I imagine that Kaysani won't be too keen on being in the same division as Estellions. How big will the brigade be? Since you mentioned formations, will they will be 2-3 elements? Will there be a customizable captain that is the player's avatar in the game?

Quote:
Yep.. even in De Bellis Antiquitatis, which Ravenmark takes a few pointers from, each figure represents 250 men, I believe.
It gets more confusing with other systems. You mentioned Warhammer as an inspiration for Ravenmark as well. In that game the developers are vague about if each model represents anything at all. some of the rules are written as if models individuals. I have a hard time suspending disbelief when a regiment consists of ten men.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 PM

Ugh. Suneaters chapter 7 is making me sad. How do ppl beat it? Never mind in eight turns for the third medal.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:06 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trystero View Post
Ugh. Suneaters chapter 7 is making me sad. How do ppl beat it? Never mind in eight turns for the third medal.
You need to be fast. I found the trick was to advance and save your Sunsouls for the Rookguard. Those guys give you the most trouble. I managed to get the third metal after quite a few attempts!