Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-12-2011, 09:33 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

yeah... I didn't notice any grammar errors or misspellings at all...
Old 11-12-2011, 10:03 PM
iPhone 5

We admit that there was a typo in Ravenhood: Chapter VIII. The typo has been caught and corrected for the 1.01 update, and the offending scriptwriter (ie. me) is being scourged and flagellated with a cat o' nine tails as we speak.

There may be one or two other miscellaneous typos in the main storyline or Codex, and if you catch any that we've overlooked, please feel free to inform us here or through the feedback email link on RAVENMARK's title screen. We appreciate your efforts to help us make this game the best it can be.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:28 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Just had to ask if Ravenmark supports 2G devices?

Thanks!
n__n
Old 11-13-2011, 07:53 AM

I have no problems with the language. Very well-written. Here's a typo though:

Chapter 5: Hold the Line

I believe it should be: "All Dresius wants is a hearty ale."

The word "is" is missing.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:24 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

I was sold at [Simultaneous Turn Resolution].
Old 11-13-2011, 05:33 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I was reading the codex ... I have a question what is the bonus roll? As in archer he if he > 50 in bonus roll he attacks again.. I don't understant it
And how do u charge the spearman

Update: plz include the ability to save while in middle of campaign bec if I leave it in the middle they restart from beginning !

Last edited by Rivozzz; 11-13-2011 at 05:38 PM..
Old 11-13-2011, 06:27 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
You don't Charge the spearmen, they've got an ability ('Brace') which prevents Charge working on them. If you try to Charge them, they get a free preemptive attack and you don't get the Charge free attack.

I'm not sure what it means by bonus roll. The archers seem to always get a second attack?
Old 11-13-2011, 06:47 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebius View Post
To be honest, not only is it a possibility, the system was designed with asynchronous multiplayer in mind. Unfortunately, we're a really small team so we have to address that and other features we'd like in stages. Don't worry, we have hotseat and multiplayer on the schedule!
It has become a standard practice of mine to post the same tiresome question over and over in all threads for turn-based games: "Asynchronous online multiplayer support?" I did the same in the upcoming thread for Ravenmark. I have this pretentious belief that asynchronous turn-based multiplayer is a paradigm shift in online gaming, a new way to multiplay that we haven't had the possibility to realize before now (constantly available, but still at our own leisure), and that it is the one thing mobile platforms such as iOS and Android not only do better, but are the only platforms that can currently do at full efficiency and potential (everywhere, thanks to constant 3G connections, unlike those sad, bulky gaming machines once perceived as portable ).

But after the mists of pretention and backseat game developing have risen and I can see clearly again, and I sit down to see what Ravenmark's single player experience has to offer, I realize that should you never implement async mp, I would not bother enough to whine, as I would be too busy playing Ravenmark is just that durned good.

HOWEVER... if you do eventually shift a few menus around, tell a few AIs to behave, wave your wands and dribbly candles and mutter ye secrete incantations over the code, and whatever else developers do, and finally add async multiplayer to Ravenmark, I'd not only pay good money for it, but would probably consider it the finest strategic multiplayer experience for ANY platform (thanks to the luxury of async mp, which places it far ahead of any possibly more advanced tbs contenders for desktop platforms. Not that Ravenmark is not already durned sophisticated, mind you...), head-to-head and rubbing shoulders with Civ IV for Mac/PC, and Starbase Orion for iOS.

Between Ravenmark and Starbase Orion (with a little bit of UniWar HD and Carcassonne for the illusion of variety), I'd probably never need for another game to break the flow and stride of my day with little push notifications telling me that the real world can wait for just one minute, the fact that I'm currently in the midst of the next big scoop or a live performance be damned...
Old 11-13-2011, 09:10 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by trystero View Post
I have no problems with the language. Very well-written. Here's a typo though:

Chapter 5: Hold the Line

I believe it should be: "All Dresius wants is a hearty ale."

The word "is" is missing.
No problem! We'll address it right away. Meanwhile, I'll go sock Brian in the stomach for his error. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
I was reading the codex ... I have a question what is the bonus roll? As in archer he if he > 50 in bonus roll he attacks again.. I don't understant it

Update: plz include the ability to save while in middle of campaign bec if I leave it in the middle they restart from beginning !
The game has two rolls that occur during combat - a to-hit roll and a bonus roll. The bonus roll is used to check if a passive ability procs. A good strategy is to have Calius nearby since his auras affect both. =)

We've addressed the issue earlier in the thread. It's coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termina View Post
I was sold at [Simultaneous Turn Resolution].
Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
It has become a standard practice of mine to post the same tiresome question over and over in all threads for turn-based games: "Asynchronous online multiplayer support?" I did the same in the upcoming thread for Ravenmark. I have this pretentious belief that asynchronous turn-based multiplayer is a paradigm shift in online gaming, a new way to multiplay that we haven't had the possibility to realize before now (constantly available, but still at our own leisure), and that it is the one thing mobile platforms such as iOS and Android not only do better, but are the only platforms that can currently do at full efficiency and potential (everywhere, thanks to constant 3G connections, unlike those sad, bulky gaming machines once perceived as portable ).

But after the mists of pretention and backseat game developing have risen and I can see clearly again, and I sit down to see what Ravenmark's single player experience has to offer, I realize that should you never implement async mp, I would not bother enough to whine, as I would be too busy playing Ravenmark is just that durned good.

HOWEVER... if you do eventually shift a few menus around, tell a few AIs to behave, wave your wands and dribbly candles and mutter ye secrete incantations over the code, and whatever else developers do, and finally add async multiplayer to Ravenmark, I'd not only pay good money for it, but would probably consider it the finest strategic multiplayer experience for ANY platform (thanks to the luxury of async mp, which places it far ahead of any possibly more advanced tbs contenders for desktop platforms. Not that Ravenmark is not already durned sophisticated, mind you...), head-to-head and rubbing shoulders with Civ IV for Mac/PC, and Starbase Orion for iOS.

Between Ravenmark and Starbase Orion (with a little bit of UniWar HD and Carcassonne for the illusion of variety), I'd probably never need for another game to break the flow and stride of my day with little push notifications telling me that the real world can wait for just one minute, the fact that I'm currently in the midst of the next big scoop or a live performance be damned...
We will endeavour to make it so, no matter how long it takes!

Also everyone, I'm really keen to know, how're you guys doing against the armoured frogs? =X
Old 11-13-2011, 09:59 PM
iPad

Great game, I recommend it to everyone.

Some nitpicking:

I would like an explanation of the effects of losing morale. Various abilities cause it. I assume that's also the meaning of the little red icon that pops up sometimes when you take damage? What is the game effect?

What do the various skill levels mean? I am pretty sure that armor skill is a percentile chance of not taking damage, but what do melee skill and missile skill mean?

An explanation of the two rolls that you make and the effects of skill level would be nice.

Also, it would be nice to see a movement cost table somewhere.

It's a little disconcerting to see archer units shooting through buildings. I think those should block missile fire.

I also thoroughly dislike it when an enemy unit pops into existence, then takes its move, then takes its move *again* before I can maneuver the unit that tripped it. It's particularly annoying to see a cavalry unit, which has my best initiative, take two shots from a spearman that wasn't on the map when it moved.