★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Quantum Sheep
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 18.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: **Always keep a little Sunshine in your pocket!**

We've had some reviews already! Awesome!

148apps.com 4/5
"Everything seems like its been designed to invoke a smile, right down to the collection of hats that can be found and then worn by the Sun. They dont affect anything but theyre cute. Its those subtle touches that make Sunshine Here comes the Sun a cut above the rest and an ideal game for all the family."

Macgasm:
"Where Sunshine really shines is with its charm. The cheerful main character is guaranteed to make you smile... From the silly collectable hats the sun wears (youve seen everything when youve seen the sun wearing a fez), to the games uplifting soundtrack, Sunshine has a fun factor of 30."

Arcadelife.co.uk - 91/100
"There are moments in games that stick in your mind, and accidentally shooting down a dragon in the middle of an otherwise flawless shooting spree over a Viking fjord is one of those moments. Crushingly sad, yet also quite beautiful."

Thank you! :D

The Sun has got his hat(s) on in this unique and charming game from Quantum Sheep!

We all take the Sun for granted! Far too much! Now's your chance to be a star, shining down on the world throughout history, and spreading fun and happiness all around!

Tap on the screen to shoot fireballs to where your finger is!

Shots travel to where you tap, then disappear use this to your advantage!

Shooting Grumpy clouds with your fireballs increases the world's happiness! (blue score)

Shooting anything else will increase the world's sadness (red score).

So be careful what you shoot!

Make sure there's more happiness than sadness in the world to progress!

*Collect 24 fun hats to wear! :D
*Beautiful Retina display graphics (on supported devices!)!
*Level up as the Sun in this unique and charming game!
*Shoot those grumpy clouds across history in a variety of time periods and locations!
*Eight worlds to explore, with four seasons in each world!
*Great for everyone and anyone!
*Simple to play, but with layers of subtle depth that will keep you coming back again and again!
*12 fun achievements to get!
*Arm 7 required (3rd gen iPod/iPhone 3GS upwards)
*GameCenter leader boards for each world, as well as an overall high score!

quantumsheep's comments:

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a LOVELY day!

The forecast for today is SUNSHINE everywhere!

Here's a video for you as:

Youtube link | Pop Up

And a video review here of the iPad version:

Youtube link | Pop Up

You play as the Sun!

It's ostensibly a shooter at heart, but I hope people think it's pretty original - I've certainly not played a game before where you play as the Sun, with a smiley face, shooting clouds through history while wearing an assortment of hats!

I bet you weren't expecting to read something like that when you woke up this morning!

I hope it has some appeal!

Thanks for looking, and if you try it out, I hope you enjoy the game!

Cheers!

QS
11-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Very lovely game QS, I loved Air Supply, and as different as those 2 games are, I love this too!

11-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbean21 View Post
Very lovely game QS, I loved Air Supply, and as different as those 2 games are, I love this too!
Thank you very much!

You're right, the two games are very different, but I always try and put a bit of myself into these games.

So the humour's the same, pretty much! Very silly!

Also, I'm a big fan of chip music, so there's plenty of that in there too!

People seem to be enjoying the game mechanics though, and the way that strategies need to be formed to get the high scores, which is awesome.

It's very hard making a game that will appeal to the masses *and* appeal to hardcore shooter fans too!

We'll see how it does!

Cheers!

QS
11-10-2011, 07:39 PM
24 hats to collect... :O

IS THIS TF2?!?!?!?!?
11-10-2011, 08:24 PM
I loved Air Supply and respect ButterBean's posts so I might just have to try it!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
11-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
I loved Air Supply and respect ButterBean's posts so I might just have to try it!
Thanks, that's very good of you! I hope you like it if you do give it a go, and if you have any questions I'm more than happy to answer them!

Most of all I hope it makes you smile

I put in lots of little details and secrets and stuff that are just silly! I hope people can find them and enjoy them as much as I do!

For example... If you get to the last level, you might spot someone you recognise from Air Supply!

I'll say no more!

It's been a long day, and it's bed time for the sheep! I'll see you all tomorrow!

Cheers!
11-12-2011, 04:46 PM
I just want to say that this game is totally charming! Great job!
11-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemaplegames View Post
I just want to say that this game is totally charming! Great job!
Thank you sir, that's very kind!

And thanks to everyone that's tried the game! I think a few hardcore players have been pleasantly surprised!

I'm hoping a few casual players may now have an appreciation for shooters!

Cheers!

QS
11-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Sunshine

Looks like alot of love went into this.... Great job!
P
11-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet View Post
Looks like alot of love went into this.... Great job!
P
Thank you, that's very kind!

I like to put lots of little details in here and there, and really *think* about the player experience as much as possible!

I very much wanted to create something 'different' to the norm - I hope people enjoy it!

QS