★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Quantum Sheep
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 15.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: **The Sun has got his hat(s) on in this unique and charming game!**

We've had some reviews already! Awesome! :D

148apps.com 4/5
"Everything seems like its been designed to invoke a smile, right down to the collection of hats that can be found and then worn by the Sun. They dont affect anything but theyre cute. Its those subtle touches that make Sunshine Here comes the Sun a cut above the rest and an ideal game for all the family."

Macgasm:
"Where Sunshine really shines is with its charm. The cheerful main character is guaranteed to make you smile... From the silly collectable hats the sun wears (youve seen everything when youve seen the sun wearing a fez), to the games uplifting soundtrack, Sunshine has a fun factor of 30."

Arcadelife.co.uk - 91/100
"There are moments in games that stick in your mind, and accidentally shooting down a dragon in the middle of an otherwise flawless shooting spree over a Viking fjord is one of those moments. Crushingly sad, yet also quite beautiful."

Thank you all! :D

We all take the Sun for granted! Far too much! Now's your chance to be a star, shining down on the world throughout history, and spreading fun and happiness all around!

Tap on the screen to shoot fireballs to where your finger is!

Shots travel to where you tap, then disappear use this to your advantage!

Shooting Grumpy clouds with your fireballs increases the world's happiness! (blue score)

Shooting anything else will increase the world's sadness (red score).

So be careful what you shoot!

Make sure there's more happiness than sadness in the world to progress!

*Collect 24 fun hats to wear! :D
*Simple but beautiful graphics!
*Level up as the Sun in this unique and charming game!
*Shoot those grumpy clouds across history in a variety of time periods and locations!
*Eight worlds to explore, with four seasons in each world!
*Great for everyone and anyone!
*Simple to play, but with layers of subtle depth that will keep you coming back again and again!
*12 fun achievements to get!
*The iPad's bigger screen lets kids (and kids at heart!) see all of the action clearly, and easily point to where they want to shoot!
*GameCenter leader boards for each world, as well as an overall high score!

quantumsheep's comments:

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a LOVELY day!

The forecast for today is SUNSHINE everywhere!

Here's a video for you as:

Youtube link | Pop Up

And a video review here of the iPad version:

Youtube link | Pop Up

You play as the Sun, trying to increase happiness, and banish the sadness of the grumpy clouds!

It's ostensibly a shooter at heart, but I hope people think it's pretty original - I've certainly not played a game before where you play as the Sun, with a smiley face, shooting clouds through history while wearing an assortment of hats!

I bet you weren't expecting to read something like that when you woke up this morning!

I hope it has some appeal!

Thanks for looking, and if you try it out, I hope you enjoy the game!

Cheers!

QS
11-10-2011, 01:38 AM
Looks unique, congrats on getting it released.

11-10-2011, 02:31 AM
Game Impressions

Awesome game, I've been playing the full retail version for a few days prior to release (for review purposes).

Subtle high-scoring strategies have been really well thought out; the game looks like a kids' game (and that's the whole point, really) but you can see it has been designed to appeal to shooter fans.

The unlockable hats (all high-score related) and fairly imaginative achievements add a ton of replayability. You start in any world you have unlocked, but you only get the proper ending (no spoilers) if you play all the way through from world 1.

Note that The Sun permanently levels up, so the score you can achieve early on won't be anywhere near the best score you can achieve when fully levelled up.

Great iPad shooter and there really isn't anything else like this out there.
11-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Looks unique, congrats on getting it released.
Thank you! It's been in my head and it various stages of development for over 2 years - a real joy to get it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetshooter View Post
Awesome game, I've been playing the full retail version for a few days prior to release (for review purposes).

Subtle high-scoring strategies have been really well thought out; the game looks like a kids' game (and that's the whole point, really) but you can see it has been designed to appeal to shooter fans.

The unlockable hats (all high-score related) and fairly imaginative achievements add a ton of replayability. You start in any world you have unlocked, but you only get the proper ending (no spoilers) if you play all the way through from world 1.

Note that The Sun permanently levels up, so the score you can achieve early on won't be anywhere near the best score you can achieve when fully levelled up.

Great iPad shooter and there really isn't anything else like this out there.
Wow - thank you sir! That's very kind!

It truly is wonderful when people 'get' something that's previously only existed as an idea in your head! Really is awesome

Well, the game's been out nearly a whole day now, and already I've had a review by 148apps.com and you can find it here.

It's rather lovely. I think the reviewer *got* what the game's purpose is - essentially, to be very silly and make you smile!

This is the plan! Operation "Get women and children into shooters" is well underway!

Hope you enjoy reading it!

Cheers,

QS
11-13-2011, 11:19 PM
First off fun game.

Second off I've encountered some bugs...

#1 the sound effects cut in and out. I can also go a whole game without ever hearing them at all. Music is fine.

#2 Sometimes when I have clearly shot a cloud it acts like I never shot it (keeps on going) This only seems to happen with the tiny clouds though. This is annoying because then my happiness goes down.

I'm on a iPad 2 running 5.0.1. Have reset, as well as reinstalled.

Last edited by sampdx; 11-13-2011 at 11:41 PM.
11-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Sam,

Firstly, thanks for trying the game! Very glad to hear you're having fun with it!

And thanks for reporting those bugs!

No.1 - I'll take a look in the morning (it's 4:48am here! Have to catch some sleep I think!)

No.2 - again, I'll check in the morning, but i've never personally encountered a problem with the shooting. The trick is to shoot 'past' the clouds, as your shots travel to where you tap on the screen and then disappear.

This is easiest to see when doing long shots as the fireballs start to fade out. Harder to see on short shots as they don't have as much time to fade out properly it seems!

This will be better explained in an update as it's confused some players for sure.

Does that solve the issue at all?

Anyway, I'll catch up with you tomorrow! Thanks for trying the game!

QS
11-15-2011, 02:37 AM
For the tiny clouds I do usually shoot a little past...

Sometimes I've clearly hit the mark though, but the shot doesn't seem to register. I can't figure out why this is happening. So far it's only happening with the tiny ones. It's weird though because a couple times this has happened when they were close to me and so I definitely hit them.

Also "total happiness" isn't adding up on Game Center. It's just saying the highest score for 1 world.

That being said I've played all worlds. Good fun.

Last edited by sampdx; 11-15-2011 at 02:40 AM.
11-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampdx View Post
For the tiny clouds I do usually shoot a little past...

Sometimes I've clearly hit the mark though, but the shot doesn't seem to register. I can't figure out why this is happening. So far it's only happening with the tiny ones. It's weird though because a couple times this has happened when they were close to me and so I definitely hit them.

Also "total happiness" isn't adding up on Game Center. It's just saying the highest score for 1 world.

That being said I've played all worlds. Good fun.
Hey Sam,

Thanks for the feedback!

I spent some time looking at the issues you've mentioned, and I have to say I'm a little lost.

I tested on my iPad1 running iOS 5.01

I couldn't replicate the 'tiny clouds not being hit issue' - sorry, I did try, but every shot hit home! (except the ones that missed and hit a tree or something!).

The GameCenter stuff is a little more confusing. There's been some issues with iOS5 and GameCenter recently for some games. Mainly, I've noticed, GC scores take a while to update.

Could this be your problem?

If not, is total happiness correct on your device? If so, press the 'post score' button, top right, might menu (there's a bug that stops it animating - I've fixed that, but the scores should post regardless).

The sound FX issue is a very odd one. It's one I can replicate too, but it seems totally random

I'll investigate that one further!

Rather than go back and forth on here, would you mind giving any further details so I can try and replicate your issues via PM please?

I'm looking to do an update in the next week, but I'm trying to make sure i get everyone's issues sorted before I do that!

Many thanks for your comments and feedback!

QS
12-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Hello everyone!

Version 1.1 has been released. A few minor bug fixes, and holiday hat are new in it!

Hope you enjoy!

QS