★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: duckcube
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 7.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Apprentice magician Zack animated some creatures to help him out, but anything the creatures touch gets splatted.

Zack doesnt know how to stop them - help him run away and avoid getting splatted!

Swipe to run away
Use magic to escape traps
Higher levels bring more creatures and new challenges
Play as quickly or as slowly as you like
Earn Achievements and compare scores on Game Center
Universal - designed for iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad

"For such a simple puzzle/survival game, theres an abundance of complex strategy [...] If you love strategy games definitely give it a shot."
App Store Arcade
Video review & guide at www.youtube.com/watch?v=uow9oaWmYWk

ben_duck's comments:
Apprentice magician Zack animated some creatures to help out around the tower, and found himself in an iPhone/iPad game on the App Store. Zack Splat is now available at the special launch price of absolutely nothing.

Zacks creatures splat anything they hit, including themselves. Luckily, theyre polite little suckers, and they always wait for Zack before they move. Zack can use his feet and the little magic he knows (or thinks he knows) to get away from them. Swipe, tap and twirl to get him moving. Shake, rattle and roll are totally optional.

Starting with just robots, each level adds more creatures, with 3 more kinds of creatures introduced in later levels. Skillfully get creatures to run into each other. Zack Splat has infinite levels if youre good enough.

Zack will be back in 2012 in a new misadventure.

App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zack-splat/id462433277?mt=8
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX-OZzvDNLg
11-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_duck View Post
Apprentice magician Zack animated some creatures to help out around the tower, and found himself in an iPhone/iPad game on the App Store. Zack Splat is now available at the special launch price of absolutely nothing.

Zacks creatures splat anything they hit, including themselves. Luckily, theyre polite little suckers, and they always wait for Zack before they move. Zack can use his feet and the little magic he knows (or thinks he knows) to get away from them. Swipe, tap and twirl to get him moving. Shake, rattle and roll are totally optional.

Starting with just robots, each level adds more creatures, with 3 more kinds of creatures introduced in later levels. Skillfully get creatures to run into each other. Zack Splat has infinite levels if youre good enough.

Zack will be back in 2012 in a new misadventure.

App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zack-splat/id462433277?mt=8
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX-OZzvDNLg
Cute and goofy.

I'm all for spending a $1 for the Wizard's Wand (a nice permanent IAP) but WILL NOT be goaded into paying for expendable potions.

So once I unlock the Wizard's wand will I be able to earn potions in-game other than buying "Potion Packs" and or one-time achievements?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-13-2011, 02:30 AM
Thanks Tim

As you surmise, at the moment it's either a Potion Pack or one-off through achievements (although you can get quite a few for some of the trickier achievements).

This is an issue we tossed around quite a bit in development and weren't quite sure about what to do. We're certainly open to everybody's feedback on this; we just want to make sure we keep the game balanced and playable.

That's why, for example, you have to expend some "magical mojo" to use a potion. If you could drink as many potions as you wanted, you could just buy a gazillion potions and never get splatted. And that would be completely boring!

If you have an opinion, please express it here, or tweet us at @duckcube, or email us at info@duckcube.com. We're listening and interested!
11-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_duck View Post
Thanks Tim

As you surmise, at the moment it's either a Potion Pack or one-off through achievements (although you can get quite a few for some of the trickier achievements).

This is an issue we tossed around quite a bit in development and weren't quite sure about what to do. We're certainly open to everybody's feedback on this; we just want to make sure we keep the game balanced and playable.

That's why, for example, you have to expend some "magical mojo" to use a potion. If you could drink as many potions as you wanted, you could just buy a gazillion potions and never get splatted. And that would be completely boring!

If you have an opinion, please express it here, or tweet us at @duckcube, or email us at info@duckcube.com. We're listening and interested!
I appreciate a potion requiring a wand charge but hate the idea of feeling a game I purchased (at least paid for the wizard) is still a finite pay to play situation. I have no problem with IAPs being the far less painful way of getting masses of potions, but would hope skillful play could earn me a handful a game at least.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
11-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I appreciate a potion requiring a wand charge but hate the idea of feeling a game I purchased (at least paid for the wizard) is still a finite pay to play situation. I have no problem with IAPs being the far less painful way of getting masses of potions, but would hope skillful play could earn me a handful a game at least.
Ok, as a first step, we're going to make a few achievements repeatable. For example, Jogger - the one where you clear a level without using any magic). That takes a bit of luck with the layout but usually takes quite a bit of skill to execute.

We toyed early in development with a few powerup ideas but they felt a bit forced so we dropped them. Back to the drawing board there to see if we can work in a powerup smoothly.

Look for an update in December. Thanks for the feedback!
12-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Update released

We've released an update to Zack Splat, with a magic cloak powerup, repeatable achievements and an interactive tutorial.

More details on this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=116103