★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Genre: Dice
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 33.7 MB
  • Version: 1.2.3.5.6200
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: This App service will be end on January 10th, 2014. Until then, you will be able to download and play or use the existing coins that you already have, but not be able to purchase additional coins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing 3D graphics and vivid effects, lifelike game quality!
Exciting matches with 12 charming characters in Single Game!
Perfect matching system to compete against mahjong masters online!
Fun and easy mahjong lessons for beginners!

[Perfect Network Play]
Janryumon Mobile supports Network mode, which automatically lets you play with other players your level. Enjoy the trill of the Network play.

[Convenient Touch Interface]
Use the Touch Interface feature to conveniently arrange your tiles or when you Chi, Pon or Kan. Experience the new interface with enhanced convenience and fun.

[Fun and Easy Mahjong Lesson]
The lecture describes the game in the forms of lesson, quiz and corresponding sample scenario for beginners or for those who want to learn more about mahjong.

[Multi-Language Support]
Janryumon Mobile supports the Korean, English and Japanese languages. You can select the language you are comfortable with, not only for the game UI but also for the Janryumon Lessons.

http://janryumon.com
support@janryumon.com

MoonyC's comments:

Hi guys,

I'm very pleased to announce that after taking over the top rankings in the iTunes Games category charts in Japan and Hong Kong, NCsoft brings Janryumon, the mobile version of the popular online Mahjong game, to 90 additional App Stores worldwide, including the United States.

Janryumon is based on the popular online Mahjong game in Japan that NCsoft currently operates. The mobile version was released at the end of last month, in Japan and Hong Kong only. Today we’re bringing the traditional Japanese Mahjong game to audiences everywhere (some region restrictions apply). This isn’t the simple match-the-pictures type game that most people think of when they look at Mahjong blocks. It’s the traditional, 4-person at-the-table game that you see in movies!

YouTube:

Janryumon presents to players everywhere a sophisticated Mahjong experience with vivid graphics and colorful 3D effects. Optimized for iOS devices, the game combines breathtakingly realistic graphics, intuitive and simple controls, and a dynamic touch interface to dazzle users. For those who have yet to learn the rules of the traditional game, Janryumon provides a detailed tutorial that will help players of all levels join in on the fun.

Janryumon is available for both iPhone and iPad. The iPhone version is free!

Janryumon Website: www.janryumon.com
Janryumon Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/rAVq1M

*Janryumon and Janryumon for iPad are currently not available in the following regions:

United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Korea, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Switzerland
11-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Holy shit, a real Mahjong game with effective multiplayer, and by the devs of Gem Keeper, and free?

Twitter: @back2this

11-10-2011, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
holy shit, a real mahjong game with effective multiplayer, and by the devs of gem keeper, and free?
yup

exactly.
11-13-2011, 07:07 AM
Please tell me this is coming to the UK App Store?! Really want to play this!
11-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriversHigh View Post
Please tell me this is coming to the UK App Store?! Really want to play this!
Yes, we will be bringing it to the rest of the world with our next update- this includes the UK
11-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Looks amazing! My wife plays online mahjong everyday. Thanks for posting.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
11-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyC View Post
Yes, we will be bringing it to the rest of the world with our next update- this includes the UK
Any time scale on this update? Is it just an update to release it in more App Stores? Really excited to play this
11-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Game Impressions

This is a repeat of a post I made about the iPad version but am 99% willing to bet it applies just as well with this version of the game:

Okay, I've only had a few moments with it but must admit my opinion is a bit mixed:

Pros:
-Stellar graphics and animation!
-Comprehensive tutorial in English!
-Comprehensive online play options.
-Detailed online statistics.
-Comprehensive winning hand score breakdown.

Cons:
-No western tile options (letters on the wind tiles and numbers on the character tiles).
-The meld buttons (pong, kong, chi) are still in Japanese!
-Very tight timer on moves (I can't even see a clock counting down so I have no idea how close I am to having my turn automated)!
-Solo play feels a bit like an afterthought as there are no AI personalities, just generic CPU0-CPU2.
-As much as I appreciate the comprehensive tutorial, I really didn't need all of the cutesy animae elements (like the meaningless dialog options the player is prompted to interject or wasting time with the little girls bickering back and forth).

At this point, as far as "western friendly" solo play of Japanese Mahjong is concerned, I think Mahjong Mobile does this better although not as sparkly (westernized tile set and no move time limits).

Here is another cynical addition:
While this is an incredibly polished game for free, I think I see the method to this madness as the online play looks chock full of IAPs to purchase credits (I guess they don't just reset to full after each match) and reset your stats (either to hide a big losing streak or perhaps your record of disconnects).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 11-13-2011 at 11:58 AM.