★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mighty Robot
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 19.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Man your rocket and start your engines.
Fly through space like in a 1950's science fiction movie!

Now YOU can be a part of mankind's exploration of space, as the captain of your very own rocket ship. Prove your bravery and skill, and enter the history books as a pioneer in space.

SPACE LEGENDS is a fast paced arcade sci-fi game, in which you will fly rocket ships into outer space, as it was in the 1950's. Asteroids, flying saucers, and ray guns will keep you on your marks, as you fly through space at hyperspeed.

Features:
- Dodge, crush, and shoot dangers on your way through space
- Fly in 5 different retro rocket ships (4 of them unlockable through achievements)
- Easy tilt and touch controls
- Collect power-ups to aid you on the way
- Beat your friends high scores with Game Center
- Beautiful 3D HD graphics

Explore the unknown and overcome the dangers hidden in the endless depths of space!
Be the best rocket pilot among your friends, or even in the world!
Be a SPACE LEGEND!

If you ever wanted to know how it would be like to fly through space in the 1950's, SPACE LEGENDS is your chance!

Special thanks goes out to Matt (Aquila) and all the beta testers

MightyRobot's comments:

Short game play intro:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Space Legends is a 50's sci-fi inspired game, taking you through space at hyper speed, while you dodge asteroids and shoot down UFOs. Pick one of 5 vintage rockets (4 of them unlockable through achievements) with each their special ability, and see if you can become number one on the high score.

See if you can spot the references to classic movies like Plan 9 from outer space and A trip to the moon.
11-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Here is 5 promo codes for the lucky ones:

6TM94T9TK9EL
RN3ERJR7E637
PXAAT7RXR3XJ
AF7ERLNYTNHN
JERW3747YKFL

11-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Pretty fun.. Looks nice on unity. Grabbed RN3ERJR7E637. I would of like to have some music in the background, but I can't complain about iPad promo codes. Overall, nice little indie game.

Gamcenter: Alex Tress
Guess who's bored!
11-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Grabbed PXAAT7RXR3XJ. Gonna give it a go soon. Looks like fun, thanks!

"I wanna dip my balls in it!"
11-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Got AF7ERLNYTNHN. Thanks a lot!
I'll try it later!

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
Game Center/Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live: tonydeli7
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance Games/Apps I Have Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @tonydeli7
11-11-2011, 06:09 PM
You are all welcome
Looking forward to hear what you guys think!
11-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Sweet game. I love the sound and graphics but where's the gamecenter
link from within the game?
11-12-2011, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Jalapeno View Post
Sweet game. I love the sound and graphics but where's the gamecenter
link from within the game?
Its not there. Achievements and friends' high scores is already there, so for that reason i did not include a button to go to game center.

Btw, fans of old sci-fi may find refferences to a lot of old movies, like Trip to the moon (Le voyage dans la lune), Plan 9 from outer space, and Woman in the moon (Frau im Mond) and many more

11-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyRobot View Post
Its not there. Achievements and friends' high scores is already there, so for that reason i did not include a button to go to game center.

Btw, fans of old sci-fi may find refferences to a lot of old movies, like Trip to the moon (Le voyage dans la lune), Plan 9 from outer space, and Woman in the moon (Frau im Mond) and many more

I think the game is really good but since it's a high score type game, it's probably a good idea to have a gamecenter link in the game so I can easily see where I stand against the world. Just having a Facebook or twitter link isn't good for many people. I don't do either of them.
11-12-2011, 08:40 AM
yeah, I would agree.. i do not do facebook or twitter..and im sure a lot of people my age are the same...

chris.

Last edited by sid187; 11-12-2011 at 08:46 AM.