★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

World of Goo ($2.99→ 99c) - Nov11th-

11-10-2011, 08:35 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
World of Goo ($2.99→ 99c) - Nov11th-

11-10-2011, 11:35 PM
I hated it at first, and it was one of the first iPhone games I ever bought.

Got into it a bit more, but only in short bursts. It really is not suitable as a mobile game. The iPad version is probably a lot more playable.
11-11-2011, 12:35 AM
I really enjoyed playing this game on my friend's iPhone. Wish they'd put the universal app on sale again :[.
11-11-2011, 02:13 AM
It's the best physics puzzler out there. A must-have at the price.

Twitter: @back2this
11-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by c593893 View Post
Why does this version even exist if there is a universal version?
I actually can appreciate this solution.

The iPhone version for people who ONLY have an iPhone and would rather a cheaper version. $2.99 for the iPhone only version, $4.99 (regular price) for the Universal.

If you never plan on getting an iPad, why not save $2?

Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
It's the best physics puzzler out there. A must-have at the price.

I would rather have seen the Universal version go on sale, but that was done just last month... Regardless, this is a stellar game. I never played it on the iPhone and won't, however, but I cannot stress enough that this game is worth every single penny.

I may have gotten singled out about being a priceist regarding some price drops, but I will never feel that way about some games, World of Goo is #1 on that list.

I paid $9.99 on its release, and was happy to do so. 2D boy struggled so much with piracy, the least I could do is help recoup some of that. If I had to do it again, I'd purchase it again even knowing it would go to $0.99 at some point, simply to support the dev

This is a great, great, great game. It feels like it was designed by pure amazing geniuses. Buy Buy Buy.
11-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Yeah, I'm slightly annoyed with these companies that make separate universal apps and iPhone apps. I don't have an iPad (yet), so it makes no sense for me to buy the pricier one just for my iPhone. Luckily, I got WoG HD for 99 cents when it was on sale.
But now I noticed Contre Jour HD is on sale for 99 cents when I paid that price for the iPhone-only version :/ Pretty annoying.
11-11-2011, 02:20 PM
I have no problem at all with developers making an iPhone-only version as well as a universal version. I got the iPhone version of WoG on sale a few months back and certainly wish I had known the universal version would go on sale eventually, but I have no problem having paid for the iPhone only version because, well, because I only have an iPhone and not an iPad. If everyone just made a universal version, I'd have to pay more for most apps/games.

GC ID: Jibba Junior.
11-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by c593893 View Post
At the cost of how many people who buy the iPhone version not realizing there is a universal version, or thinking that is the one they are looking at since they wouldn't assume there would be a separate iPhone version, because, you know, it's a stupid idea?
They need to cover the cost of redoing art for an iPad version by releasing a more expensive universal version.. yet they have to release a cheaper iPhone version to avoid alienating the majority of their customer base who are used to games being priced much lower.
11-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Umm...pardon my asking but what do you even do in world of goo? And is it worth it for my ipod touch (e.g. non-ipad)? Is it...fun?

I don't want a signature.