★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Xeno Sola (Carcassonne in Space!)

05-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Xeno Sola (Carcassonne in Space!)

UPDATE:

This game is now called Starcassonne.

------------------------
Original post:

I'm currently working on a Carcassonne-style game for the iPhone called Xeno Sola. It's a slight twist on the traditional game. Tiles can be lifted if not claimed or part of a complete structure. You place bets on structures to get more points back. And the game is set in an Anime space theme.

-------------------------

Last edited by xenoclone; 07-17-2009 at 01:49 PM.
05-04-2009, 01:42 PM
I never played Carcassonne-style game but I might have to if it's fun. Good luck with the game.

05-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks. Development is going really smoothly. I'm currently putting together the tutorial, which will be fairly in depth -- about on par with the complexity of the XBLA Carcassonne tutorial.
05-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Hey you're the dev for Shogi Chess also... any way to put contact info on your website for both games? This one has it for music but it'd be great to have one for questions

Don't check this site or private messages often.
05-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Hey you're the dev for Shogi Chess also... any way to put contact info on your website for both games? This one has it for music but it'd be great to have one for questions
Do you rock or do you rock?

Don't check this site or private messages often.
05-05-2009, 12:58 PM
I love Carcassonne! It's deffinetly one of my favorite board games. Once it came out for the 360, I was in heaven. My wife and I play it all the time, it's great fun, and a great time waster. Deffinetly excited for this game.
05-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarile3 View Post
I love Carcassonne! It's deffinetly one of my favorite board games. Once it came out for the 360, I was in heaven. My wife and I play it all the time, it's great fun, and a great time waster. Deffinetly excited for this game.
The XBLA version is actually how I found out about Carcassonne. It was a free promo game one week. I got hooked and decided that I'd try my hand at making my own game like it. The PC version I put together was pretty solid but lacked a tutorial. So newcomers got confused. For the iPhone version, I have a nice, thorough tutorial to show people how to play. I think once people catch onto how it works, they see how much fun it is.
05-11-2009, 01:13 PM
I will be wrapping this game up and submitting it to Apple this week. Any feelings on an appropriate price? Let's say you're browsing around in the app store.... does $0.99 seem like a bargain or make it seem cheap? Does $1.99 discourage you from checking it out?
05-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenoclone View Post
I will be wrapping this game up and submitting it to Apple this week. Any feelings on an appropriate price? Let's say you're browsing around in the app store.... does $0.99 seem like a bargain or make it seem cheap? Does $1.99 discourage you from checking it out?
I enjoy Carcasonne, and your take on it interests me, but anything higher than $0.99 would turn me off, simply because of the anime graphics. Sorry.
05-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Quote:
I enjoy Carcasonne, and your take on it interests me, but anything higher than $0.99 would turn me off, simply because of the anime graphics. Sorry.
Lol. No need to apologize. Is why I asked.

Out of curiosity, what theme would appeal better than anime?