★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Logic Lines - Is it any good?

11-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Logic Lines - Is it any good?

Anyone get this game? I was wondering on the length of the game and the difficulty as the levels progress.

If anyone has it, please leave feedback.

thanks
11-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Incomplete, missing features, annoying!

I'm a sucker for logic and puzzle games.

And the fact I purchased Logic Lines makes me an even bigger sucker!

This game is incomplete. The potential is there but it it lacks basic features that to me are just good common sense. As a result gameplay is really frustrating.

There are 3 menu options:
1) Start
2) Settings
3) Top

Press Start and the game begins on level 20. And it stays on level 20. You have to go back to the Main Menu screen and select Settings to manually change the level using the slider. I very quickly got sick of doing this.

When playing there are no buttons to Undo a move, to Reset the puzzle or to Restart the level. Make a mistake and you have to select the Done button to go back to the main menu and then select Start to start the level again. And with a cluttered playing surface with 20 or more dots to connect you will be wanting to undo moves quite often. But of course you can't. You can only go back to the main menu and Start again. And because the dots are randomly placed on the screen each time you Start a game, you don't get the same screen you get a different layout. So bad-luck if you are working on a 30 dot puzzle and made a mistake 3 dots away from finishing!

When you finish a level you are prompted to enter your name for the score board. You access the scores by going to the main menu and selecting Top. But then confusion. What scores relate to what level? It doesn't say! Even better there is no explanation of how scores are achieved. The only information I can see on the screen when you complete a puzzle is the time taken to complete the puzzle. But in the scores list there are different numbers shown. No idea what relates to what and how it was achieved.

There is more, but these are the main points that I found the most frustrating.

This game has potential to be so much better. My advise is do not buy this game until the developer has addressed these basic issues.