★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: games2be
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 15.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Plopp - Addictive Puzzle Action!
Nr. 1 Free App in Switzerland in Free Puzzle and in Tactics Games!

Bubble-like circles, so called 'Plopps' emerge all over the place and start growing. When you tap on a Plopp, it explodes and a shockwave is unleashed. If other Plopps are hit by this shockwave they also explode causing big chain-reactions!

Key Features
Big Chain-Reactions
Awesome Visuals and Effects
4 Different Game Modes
3 High-Scores
20 Unique Levels
80 Challenging Quests
Intuitive One Touch Control
5 Different Types of Plopps
3 Sound-Tracks available

Point-System
The bigger a Plopp, the more points you get, but don't wait too long because if 2 Plopps touch each other, they both vanish. The bigger the chain reaction gets, the bigger is the shockwave-multiplier, giving you a huge reward when you cause big chain reactions!

madayar's comments:
Plopp HD - New iPad Puzzle - Colorful - Relaxing - Addictive

After the huge success of Plopp on the iPhone the long awaited HD version of the game has now finally been released on the iPad! Plopp HD offers a unique new gameplay while being colorful and relaxing. The game has an incredible flow, since everything is changing constantly and the player needs to make decisions all the time. Plopp is all about big chain reactions and shockwaves and offers a completely new relaxing puzzle experience.

Bubble-like circles, so called 'Plopps' emerge all over the place and start growing. When a Plopp is being tapped, it explodes and a shockwave is unleashed. If other Plopps are hit by a shockwave they also explode causing big chain-reactions! The bigger a Plopp grows, the more points it contains, but if 2 Plopps touch each other, they both vanish. Even though numbers are important in Plopp, it is very easy to pick up by everybody and even small kids have great fun with Plopp, just by clicking around and to see how the colorful shock waves expand. Experienced players also get a real challenge, as the quests get quite difficult in advanced levels.

Highlights:
* Unique new puzzle-experience
* Relaxing and colorful
* Big chain reactions
* Awesome visuals
* Four different game modes
* Various high-scores with Game Center
* Eighty challenging quests
* Accessible 'One-Touch-Controls' allow anybody to play
* Three great in-game soundtracks
* Localized in six different Languages

Pricing:
Plopp 0.99$
Plopp HD 1.99$

Media-Kit:

Feel free to use our Media-Kit for Plopp on our website, it contains screenshots, additional artwork, texts and of course the original Plopp-Trailer. (30mb)

YouTube Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2vyMZjmRH8

iTunes-Link: Plopp HD
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plopp-hd/id475296202?mt=8&uo=4

iTunes-Link: Plopp
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plopp/id465256967?mt=8&uo=4

Plopp Online
http://www.kongregate.com/games/games2be/plopp

Plopp Media-Kit
http://games2be.com/projects/plopp/

games2be
http://games2be.com/

Located in Berikon, Switzerland, games2be is an independent game developer founded in summer 2010. games2be wants to discover new game concepts and new playgrounds. The focus lies on easy to pick up fun games on various platforms. Copyright (C) 2010 games2be GmbH. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
11-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Paid for game, still have ads

I just paid $1.99 for this game, yet the opening screen displays ads.
Beware!

11-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist View Post
I just paid $1.99 for this game, yet the opening screen displays ads.
Beware!
Doh,we don't like Devs like this around here
11-12-2011, 01:28 AM
Alright...but how's the gameplay?

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...
11-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Somewhat enjoyable now, but potential for improvement

The core of this game is sufficiently different to be intriguing, and I've come back to play it several times attempting to improve my performance and get a better grasp of the mechanics. However, impending collisions of the "plopps" (i.e., expanding circles) is often too obscured by rapidly radiating/expanding colors to give me confidence that I have a chance of significantly improving on previous scores. Within the context of App Store game pricing, this one should probably be 99 cents, not $1.99; it doesn't rise to the caliber of most games that cost more than that, but the potential exists for the developer to build on the current release by addressing the problem I've mentioned about graphical elements obscuring the game field and making it too hard to notice impending collisions of plopps.
11-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM imagery View Post
Alright...but how's the gameplay?
After watching the video, I couldn't play this. It looks really pretty, but the sound the plops make when they explode is completely jarring and at odds with the rest of the game to me.

Then you need to dip your fingers in some mayo and smear it all over your iDevice screen for greater REALISM!
--Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan
11-16-2011, 03:17 AM
Hi Grist
Thank you for your feedback.

At first it may seems like you can't improve your performance since the plopps appear randomly, but I can assure you, that can get massively better if you develop a feeling of how fast the shockwaves expand.

I hope you keep plopping
11-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Question for the developer

Why have you broken from the iOS gaming convention by including ads in a game that isn't free?