★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Bumpy Road --> $.99 SALE

11-11-2011, 12:09 PM
#1
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,348
Bumpy Road --> $.99 SALE



Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
11-11-2011, 02:01 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,251
Another must-have..

Twitter: @back2this

11-11-2011, 02:02 PM
#3
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 492
How is the difficulty curve? Should I expect to play an hour before it really starts to get hard or does is there even a difficulty curve?

Thanks.(for the sale and anyone who responds)

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings
11-11-2011, 02:47 PM
#4
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: India
Posts: 964
So this is an endless runner with a story? What does that even mean?

---------------------------
Mom Says Get Married!!
11-11-2011, 03:58 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey View Post
So this is an endless runner with a story? What does that even mean?
Guess this is the best explaination:

- Travel as far as you can in "Evergreen Ride" or beat your best time in "Sunday Trip". Then sit back and relax as you enjoy the story in "Memory Lane".

There are basically three modes. Evergreen is the endless runner. Sunday Trip is getting to the end of a level in a certain period of time. And Memory Lane, if I remember correctly, has different levels with a "story" intertwined between each level.

I enjoyed this game when it first came out with it's different method of endless running (moving the ground up and down to avoid obstacles, change speed, etc.). In some ways, it wasn't really as "new" of a twist as it seemed as Solipskier is similar in gameplay mechanics (but much faster).

The novelty kind of wore off on me so it's not on my device at this time (probably still would be if I didn't have such limited space on my 8 GB). That said, it's definately worth $.99. I'm sure I'll download it again in the future as I finish off some other games.
11-11-2011, 04:01 PM
#6
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbraVir View Post
How is the difficulty curve? Should I expect to play an hour before it really starts to get hard or does is there even a difficulty curve?

Thanks.(for the sale and anyone who responds)
Sorry, meant to respond to this too. I'd say there really isn't that bad of a difficulty curve. It's just getting used to the mechanics of moving the ground to keep your car moving and avoiding things.
11-11-2011, 04:01 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Northern California
Posts: 550
Great game, was one of the apps I kept in my signature the longest. Still play it occasionally. Undoubtedly worth the full 3 dollars, but it's a steal at 1 dollar. Simogo is a god

Waiting for: Chaos Rings II, Phoenix Wright 123
I will always love: Kairosoft and CAVE Co. Ltd., Capcom, Godzilab, Simogo
Feel free to add me on Gamecenter; I'm Kirbychewy!
Dodonpachi is no longer my favorite iOS game.
11-11-2011, 04:10 PM
#8
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Sorry, meant to respond to this too. I'd say there really isn't that bad of a difficulty curve. It's just getting used to the mechanics of moving the ground to keep your car moving and avoiding things.
Thanks. I was worried about whether or not this game would give me a challenge(if it isn't hard, then it wouldn't be fun). I really don't mind steep learning curves- I actually enjoy a greater challenge.

So what I meant to ask was: does it get hard? Thanks.

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings
11-11-2011, 04:54 PM
#9
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmbraVir View Post
Thanks. I was worried about whether or not this game would give me a challenge(if it isn't hard, then it wouldn't be fun). I really don't mind steep learning curves- I actually enjoy a greater challenge.

So what I meant to ask was: does it get hard? Thanks.
No problem. It's been a bit since I played it, from what I recall, I wouldn't say it's hard as in LoE type hard. It's actually a bit more relaxed than most endless runners even though it's still a challenge to get high scores. So I guess it's probably hard to make it on the leaderboards and, re-reading the main thread on it, the Autumn world steps up the challenge a bit more with moving platforms and stuff.

Might want to check the original thread to get a better idea:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=94619

Last edited by awp69; 11-11-2011 at 04:56 PM.
11-11-2011, 05:09 PM
#10
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
No problem. It's been a bit since I played it, from what I recall, I wouldn't say it's hard as in LoE type hard. It's actually a bit more relaxed than most endless runners even though it's still a challenge to get high scores. So I guess it's probably hard to make it on the leaderboards and, re-reading the main thread on it, the Autumn world steps up the challenge a bit more with moving platforms and stuff.

Might want to check the original thread to get a better idea:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=94619
Great. Grabbing it now

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings