★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: High Tide ($.99)

11-11-2011, 04:59 PM
11-11-2011, 05:04 PM
I already have tiny wings

11-11-2011, 06:17 PM
I think it looks pretty awesome.

If it's fun, and I enjoy it, that's all I care about. I'm a selfish gamer.

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.
11-11-2011, 07:13 PM

11-11-2011, 08:20 PM
I actually really like this game but wish there was an iPad version. It is different from Tiny Wings in that ou can collect gas and then touch the left side of the screen to fly and I think that adds some strategy to the game.

The extra crafts seem pretty expensive considering the low amount of coins I have earned, so IAP may be the realistic way of getting them.
11-11-2011, 08:25 PM
I have a friendly suggestion for the dev.
Its better to change the icon, maybe replace it with an image of your vehicles? I personally find the trailers and screenshots are very attractive but the icon feels less appealing.

Anyway, the gameplay looks very fun. : )
11-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc89 View Post
Its better to change the icon, maybe replace it with an image of your vehicles? I personally find the trailers and screenshots are very attractive but the icon feels less appealing.

Thinking the same thing. And yes the game is a lot of fun but the icon really wasn't the best choice to get people interested. I would go with the waves and a vehicle in the air.
11-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Not bad at all. I like the gas/boost mechanic. I think the game could have used a bit more polish though, when landing on hills (can't call them waves, sorry) the plane often looks to lose some animation frames which looks glitchy. It could also have used a little extra "weight."

Not sure how much time I'll feel compelled to put in this, but it's by no means a disaster, nor just a stone-cold clone. With a bit more polish it could be a strong recommendation.
11-12-2011, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc89 View Post

I love the icon. I wouldn't change it. That being said, I never understood the importance put on the icons. I could care less as long as the game is great, which this one is. I'm loving it.
11-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Jalapeno View Post
I love the icon. I wouldn't change it. That being said, I never understood the importance put on the icons. I could care less as long as the game is great, which this one is. I'm loving it.
I also think the icon chosen here is beautiful, don't change it.

I would check this icon every time on the app store