★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: UFO: Hotseat is a turn-based strategy game with gameplay very similar to X-Com, Incubation and Jagged Alliance. Though those games all have a large audience, the makers have never included one thing... Multiplayer! In UFO: Hotseat, crush enemy squads with your own tactics using various weapons, items, armor, and cover throughout the landscape! There are 3 modes in this game: Player vs AI, Hotseat Multiplayer and Network Multiplayer.

Key game features include:
- Multiplayer with online ranking system: Compete online to be the #1 Player!
- Play offline against intelligent A.I.
- Play with a friend on the same iDevice in Hotseat Mode. Invite your friend to decide who is more skilled on the battlefield.
- Beautiful 3D graphics
- Equip your units with 4 different weapons (AK-47, RPG-32, HK USP Compact 45ACP, Mossberg 500 Cruiser)
- Enhance your units with armor and items like adrenaline.
- 5 (+1 bonus) strategically designed levels.

Marcus70's comments:

11-12-2011, 10:31 PM
TOFTT, it seems ok so far, just playing the first mission. No tutorial that I can see, but so far its easy enough to figure out movement and firing.

Graphics look fine, 3d, rotateable, but when you look around and release, it does scroll back to defined camera zoom levels.

More info later as I play more.

I saw one enemy shoot at me with opportunity fire, but I do not see how to do that with my team, unless you just save action points and are facing the right way.

()() Favorites: Sword of Fargoal, Rogue Touch
( '.') Slay, Titan VG Edition, Hero Academy [ID:Rixx]
(('')('') GameCenter: TK656

Last edited by Rixx; 11-12-2011 at 10:52 PM.

11-13-2011, 01:23 AM
IS there a campaign or story? Research? Is that planned?
11-13-2011, 10:55 AM
OK, 4 Levels and 4 weapons and a lot to come...
So, we have a beta version here and you want support from the community in form of feedback and money.

First 2 things which come into my mind:

1. We need a gameplay video and more pics
2. The price a little bit too high for a beta. Maybe $2.99 would be a better starting price to build up a playerbase for the MP...

Now it is your turn

GC: Cr0mw3ll | OF: LordCromwell | +: LordCromwell
Gunshine.net: Cromwell [a1] (non iOS)
11-13-2011, 03:33 PM
game site

Hi dear gamers. I see a lot of interest to our game. And of couse a lot of questions. To answer all this question we build UFO Hotseat game site. http://ufo-hotseat.com/
One can find everyting about our project on this site: history of our project, our next plans, latest screenshots from developement version. One can submit bugs, ask a question or post feature requests. Here is the breaf answers for questions just asked.
1. Campaign and research will be main features in next version. Checkout our site to read more about it.
2. Although game user interface is common for trun based strategy games we are planing to add tutorial for newcomers.
3. We'll add gameplay movies from game to our site soon.
Thanks for interest. We always glad to make geat game for our players and let's kick that aliens ass
11-13-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm sorry, but as interested as I am, I just can't see spending this much for so little. What you have, looks good, but this offering just looks skimpy and unfinished.
11-14-2011, 05:33 AM
OK i will jump in and get it. I will be today back with a Mini Preview.
11-14-2011, 06:05 PM
On

First impressions:

+Looks nice
+Runs smooth on my iPad1

-Pinch to zoom keeps the FOV when you zoom in but it should keep it when you zoom out, so that you have a better overview.
-When you have a fight the viewpoint changes, but it can happen, that your view is obstructed by obstacles. It would be better to choose your viewpoint or to auto change it, so that you can see what is going on.
-When the enemy AI has its turn and attacks, you just hear the gun sound, but you cannot see what is going on
-No real objective but kill all enemies.

In my opinion this game is in early beta phase and should be priced like one. Sorry...

But I think that there might be room for improvement.

I played the Lite Version.

Last edited by Cromwell; 11-16-2011 at 04:40 PM.
11-16-2011, 03:05 PM
on behalf of developer

Thanks for comments guys. We are really appreciate your opinion.
As you mentonied there is still a lot of work to do to make this game better.
We want to acheive true XCom feeling in our game. With base developement, research and of couse with ALIENS! And anyone can checkout our progress at our website http://ufo-hotseat.com. And special thanks for those who bought our game. Because income from paid version of the game is only one way to make new content for the game. Our developement team consists of 2 persons. Both are programmers. We are looking for talented 3D artist who can join our project but still can't find. So, the only one way for us to make new levels or characters is paid outsourcing.
11-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Ok, I will give your game a try

Wishlist and some ideas. A quick brainstorming

1.) RPG Style leveling for units or at least for commander/officer units. It would be wise to award the XP points not only to the unit which did the last blow ^^ Otherwise players save the killing shots for the unit they want to level up fast.
Base it on how much percentage of health a unit removed from an enemy unit.
2.) Please absolutely no "Consumables" aka "Energy" like in Zynga/Storm8 games. It would be absolutely a "No Go" for me. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against IAP, if it adds "quantity with quality" -> content like new maps, worlds, planets etc... But it has to be reasonable.
3.) Maybe a slider at one the side of the screen to adjust the Field of View.
4.) Possibility to adjust the point of view, when you see the battle animation so that is not blocked.
5.) Loot --> e.g. weapons, ammo, armor, blueprints/alien technology. Only reproducable if your lab and scientists have the required level. Things which you do not need might be disassembled for further use.
6.) Capturing of enemies for later interrogation to get information from them and taking back dead alien bodies to your base for further examination by your xenobiologist(s). Quality of outcome depends on level of scientist.
7.) (to be continued) ^^

Last edited by Cromwell; 11-16-2011 at 06:13 PM.