★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Move the smileys in all 4 directions to match the given pattern.

45 handcrafted, challenging levels included. 100 more levels available for download.

MarcoIGames's comments:
Hi there,

I have finished my first iOS-Game App "Smiley Roll" and Id like to get your feedback on it. How do you like it?

The game is about moving the smiley around to match a given pattern at the top of the screen. It gets more difficult in every new level.

Please let me know, what you think about it. Thank you so much.

Cheers
Marco

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIp4qByPEVs
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SmileyRoll
11-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoIGames View Post
I have finished my first iOS-Game App "Smiley Roll" and Id like to get your feedback on it. How do you like it?

Please let me know, what you think about it. Thank you so much.
You sound like you're asking us to do you a favour, yet you expect us to pay for the privilege?

You should decide whether you have created a work in progress and are asking for feedback on it, or a consumer-ready product. And price it accordingly.

11-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
You sound like you're asking us to do you a favour, yet you expect us to pay for the privilege?

You should decide whether you have created a work in progress and are asking for feedback on it, or a consumer-ready product. And price it accordingly.
The developer has released a game and asked people what they think of it. There's nothing wrong with that. He never said it's a work in progress. He never asked for a favor. And it's priced at 99c, so there's no inappropriate pricing. It's his first post, give the guy a break!

@Dev: Welcome to TouchArcade and good luck with your game.

řƹȡ1
11-12-2011, 08:37 PM
The GUI could use some work. Pretty bland font. Also, could you give each color smiley a different face. This game needs some personality

BTW, good luck

Follow me on Twitter: @jumpman475
Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
Need a Writer? I'm your man. Send me a PM.
11-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
The developer has released a game and asked people what they think of it. There's nothing wrong with that. He never said it's a work in progress. He never asked for a favor. And it's priced at 99c, so there's no inappropriate pricing. It's his first post, give the guy a break!

@Dev: Welcome to TouchArcade and good luck with your game.
Honestly, I thought I was giving him some good advice with no sugar coating. Still do. I realize that sort of thing can come across as something else at times (and often does) but so long as my conscience is clear, I figure let the individual take it how they choose. Any feedback I give comes with a "for what it's worth" disclaimer by default.

(At worst, I made sure his thread is bumped a few times and he might even get some sympathy downloads as support against my bluntness.)
11-13-2011, 04:42 AM
Actually, I was out of line. Sorry for the posts above.
11-13-2011, 05:31 AM
@Gabrien: I changed the price tag to "free" a minute ago. It might take a moment to show up on iTunes. Should have thought about this earlier.

@jumpman475: Thanks for your feedback, just put it on my todo-list.

@Red1: Thanks for warm welcome.
11-13-2011, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoIGames View Post
@Gabrien: I changed the price tag to "free" a minute ago. It might take a moment to show up on iTunes. Should have thought about this earlier.
I tried it. The core gameplay is not bad at all. There isn't much to it at that, besides the core gameplay, but even if you decide to live it as is you still have something fairly solid.

If you are looking to improve:

- Add a few sound effects. Don't go overboard but something like a pleasant "click" when moving rows would be good.
- I would advise against using different faces in the same level, but something like an occasional wink, yawn, raised eyebrow, etc. after a short period of user idleness would add a bit of character.
- Graphics in general could be improved.

In any case, the gameplay is your strong point and people aren't likely to experience it if you charge for a game that looks as plain as this up front. My advice: keep the base version free but lower it to 20 levels. Split the rest into 2 packs and lower their price to 99c each.
11-13-2011, 09:08 AM
@Gabrien: Thanks for your feedback. The next version will include more sounds, I have already implemented that "click" you mentioned. Nice.
I will also do some work on the Graphics, and the pricetag of the levelpacks has been reduced to 99ct each.
11-26-2011, 09:33 AM
New Version

I have made a few updates from the ones Gabrien mentioned. Its in the new V1.1 which is in AppStore now. I also included GameCenter-Support.