★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: freeors.com
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 152.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0.30
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: *About language translation, only Simple Chinese is as much as good.
*Memory requirement: 180M.

The War of Kingdom is a half real-time tactical strategy game.

It originates in Battle for Wesnoth, and makes different from Wesnoth, makes player to get another kind of joy in the process of playing game.

1. Introduce hero. Hero command troop, at best, there are three heros in one troop. Each hero has kinds of attribute, for example, leadership, force, intellect, politics, charm, feature, arms adaptabliity, relation. Inside heros affect troop's ability.

2. Replace keep with city. City has inside troops, field troops, inside heros. Recruit will increase inside troops, expedition will move troop out of city and to field.

3. "truer" range. Melee is attacked by adjacent locations, Range by locations that space one grid. In addition, add cast to indicate space tow grids.

4. Navy. Once troop enters deep water, it becames navy. Once back to land, troop back to orignal arms.

As Wesnoth, Kingdom is a open source game.

Marcus70's comments:

Dynasty Warriors units using the Wesnoth game engine. Can be played in English.
11-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
hmm... anyone check this out yet... I'm kind of worried about the translation.

11-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
hmm... anyone check this out yet... I'm kind of worried about the translation.
Why's that?

Come on - it makes player to get another kind of joy in the process of playing game.
11-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Cool... thanks for posting, Marcus70; I never would have stumbled on this on my own.
11-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Yes, I seen what you the right one are reaching for, maybe time will come for me to agree for you. And doubt it.

=oP
11-13-2011, 08:40 PM
About language translation, only Simple Chinese is as much as good.

Problem?

Games that will never leave my iPad : Great Big Wargame, Battle Academy, Battle of the Bulge, Ravenmark and Hunters 2.
11-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Hmmm... Couldn't get into it. Scrolling on the screen is EXTREMELY laggy... Tapping on the map, it takes a while for the area to change to that spot, and dragging on the field responds about 5 seconds after dragging and jumps a LOT...

=o/
11-13-2011, 11:40 PM
Wesnoth 3 kingdoms!? BOUGHT!

Hey wait, downloaded... I always get excited when Wesnoth is mentioned, and even more so when it's tagged with 3 kingdoms theme or screenshots...
11-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Translations

So many otherwise good games are ruined for an English-speaking audience because the developers didn't have anyone to help them with their English.

There's a business idea just waiting for someone to pick it up herecopy edit and translation for video games.

I would absolutely try out a game like this, but not filled with jarring Engrish.

There must be people out there willing to help a developer make their game sound like a native English speaker made it, musn't there?