★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Bunny Reaper is free for a limited time in association with http://www.DailyAppDream.com. Download the Daily App Dreams App to find out about the other free apps on offer each day!

Fun, cute, and a tiny bit cruel! Grab your trusty scythe and jump into the role of the Grim Reaper on his quest to collect the souls of bunnies!

Reviews

"The gaming gods have heard my prayers yet again!" - the-app-shack.com

"If you're looking for a fairly gory, just plain fun to play game, Bunny Reaper is probably just up your ally." - the-app-shack.com

Description

Charged with the task of collecting the souls of bunnies you must complete over 40 challenging levels while being sure not to get caught by one of the despicable heart monsters trying to stop you in this unique platformer/puzzle game!

Collect as many souls as you can in each level while trying to reach the gate back to the underworld! Scythe bunnies in half and unlock THREE increasing levels of bloody gore! Collect over 50 Achievements using Game Centre OR Open Feint! Reverse time!

Think you can kill them all? Get Bunny Reaper now!

Features

- Unique edge of world gameplay mechanic.
- Unique time reversal mechanic.
- iCloud Support!
- 40 exciting levels of game play (20 available initially + 20 additional available through In-App-Purchase)!
- 50 Achievements to unlock including customization options!
- Three levels of blood-splattering comic gore.
- Customizable graveyard section!
- Four awesome atmospheric audio tracks to enjoy during your bunny slaying!
- A brilliantly stylized world!
- Five distinct environments from snow, to underwater!

Gameplay Trailer

A youtube gameplay trailer is available for viewing at:

http://bit.ly/BunnyReaper

OR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YeC1FvPQJM&hd=1

AssyriaGameStudio's comments:

Hey everyone, just a quick shout out about our quirky new game Bunny Reaper that me and the girlfriend just finish working on. Hope you all enjoy it !

As always if you have any further suggestions then let me know! Theres an update already in submission with Apple which has some improvements in, but more suggestions are always useful !

Finally; if you get the game then we'd be very appreciative if you could write us a quick review on iTunes.

Many thanks everyone!
- Adam G

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Fun, cute, and a tiny bit cruel! Grab your trusty scythe and jump into the role of the Grim Reaper on his quest to collect the souls of bunnies!

Charged with the task of collecting the souls of bunnies you must complete over 40 challenging levels while being sure not to get caught by one of the despicable heart monsters trying to stop you in this unique platformer/puzzle game!

Collect as many souls as you can in each level while trying to reach the gate back to the underworld! Scythe bunnies in half and unlock THREE increasing levels of bloody gore! Collect over 50 Achievements using Game Centre OR Open Feint! Reverse time!

Trailer

Youtube link | Pop Up

11-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
hmm... the jumping is a little floaty... and the reaper doesn't jump RIGHT when you press the jump button... there's a slight delay there. But aside from that... this game is lookin pretty nice. Seems a bit easy in the beginning... hoping some challenge builds up. The graphics and animations are great. Killing the bunnies is pretty fun... kind of reminds me of Cuddle Bears, and when the wolf rips apart the little bears. Nice, overly violent animation against a cute little animal always makes me laugh (please keep in mind - I would go nuts if a big dog attacked my cute little dog... it would kill me... I only find these things funny because they're video games... don't want everyone getting the wrong idea here... =oP )

I'll post more after I get further into the game, but right now it's definitely worth check'n out. The slight delay in the jumps and floaty jumps aren't too big of a problem, because the game isn't based on making precise jumps or moving quickly... but it would be nice to see them worked on in the future. =o)

11-14-2011, 07:37 PM
The 3.0 update now causes the game to crash consistently. 4th gen touch, iOS 4.3.3, not jailbroken, rebooted, clear multitasking bar. tried with wi-fi on and off.

The game keeps crashing about 30 seconds into the game. Doesn't matter if I'm on the title screen, or level select screen... or if I make it to the start of a level...

It ran fine before the update, but now has crashed 8 out of 8 times I've tried to play it. =o/
11-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
The 3.0 update now causes the game to crash consistently. 4th gen touch, iOS 4.3.3, not jailbroken, rebooted, clear multitasking bar. tried with wi-fi on and off.

The game keeps crashing about 30 seconds into the game. Doesn't matter if I'm on the title screen, or level select screen... or if I make it to the start of a level...

It ran fine before the update, but now has crashed 8 out of 8 times I've tried to play it. =o/
Mmm, that is very odd... Is it when you do something in particular/ like when you try load a level or something?

Also; have you tried doing a force restart (Hold the power and home button at the same time until it restarts).

Assyria Game Studio -(For Business Enquieries Click Here)

Get normally paid games for FREE at DailyAppDream.com - If any developers want to run a free promo on any of their games then check out the site (it's free)

Last edited by AssyriaGameStudio; 11-15-2011 at 08:12 AM.
11-15-2011, 08:32 AM
I havn't been able to replicate any crash on our test iPhone 3GS running OS 4.3.3.

I could do with details about when the crash occurs, as well as if you selected to use game centre or open feint for achievements?

The fact that it's after 30 seconds or so makes it sound like a memory issue, which a force restart should resolve ( a normal restart won't however).

Cheers,
Adam G

Get normally paid games for FREE at DailyAppDream.com - If any developers want to run a free promo on any of their games then check out the site (it's free)
11-15-2011, 10:30 AM
ah...

Sorry... I remembered experiencing the same kind of problem with another game a while ago... and then it turned out to be a corrupted installation, so I deleted the game, and re-installed it, and it's working just fine now.

Sorry about that... and thank you for your responsiveness. Always nice having a developer who jumps ontop of issues when they pop up. =o)
11-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Ahh ok . Glad it's all working now!

In terms of the gameplay then - would you prefer it if the jump was less 'floaty'. It was done intentionally to give a sense of death like 'gliding in to his victims', but let me know if you think a better jump style would be more suitable?

Re the slight delay in jumping - I didn't notice it, but your right there is a tiny delay. I'll try narrow down the cause and get an update submitted for it shortly.

Re difficulty; dont worry there are enemies after level 5 that get progressively harder/ moving platforms and other stuff which makes it more difficult as you progress .

If you have any other suggestions then let me know and I'll try tweak around with stuff for the next update.

Cheers dude,
- Adam G

11-15-2011, 07:55 PM
=o)

Actually... I've gotten use to the jump. The physics are nice and fit the game well. But it would be great if the jumping height was dependant on how long you held the button down.

Also great to hear that the delay is gonna be worked on. And I'm really enjoying the after level 5 levels. Once you start killing those chomping plant thingys the game gets pretty interesting. BTW, the animations for deaths are great... Green goo spurting, exploding bunnies... Great stuff. =oD

If I come across anything else I'll be sure and let ya know. But this is turning out to be a pretty nice little platform game.
11-16-2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
=o)

Actually... I've gotten use to the jump. The physics are nice and fit the game well. But it would be great if the jumping height was dependant on how long you held the button down.

Also great to hear that the delay is gonna be worked on. And I'm really enjoying the after level 5 levels. Once you start killing those chomping plant thingys the game gets pretty interesting. BTW, the animations for deaths are great... Green goo spurting, exploding bunnies... Great stuff. =oD

If I come across anything else I'll be sure and let ya know. But this is turning out to be a pretty nice little platform game.
LOVE the idea of being able to vary jump based on how long you hold it down! I'll see what I can do for the next update...

11-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Damn somehow missed this game in the previews. Love platform games and it has buttons ! Like the look of the youtube video, another purchase for me tonight at midnight